Lastest S$ Deposit updates - Part 3

cryn79

Reaction score
Bank of china (checked in today)

1.61% for 6 mths with option to renew at 1.61% for further 6 months

Hi Beautyseek,

I went to the website, as usual can't find any details.
Are you able to share what is the min deposit for 1.61% for 6 mths? Thnk!

beautyseek

Reaction score
Hi Beautyseek,

I went to the website, as usual can't find any details.
Are you able to share what is the min deposit for 1.61% for 6 mths? Thnk!

Usually BOC does not publish on website. So sorry i did not take note if min amt required

Squaredot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Promo of 1.80% from 17 Aug came 1.5 month late. Placed my FDs with cimb in early Jul at 1.65%for 6 months.

yah, cimb fd promo was the best in July, u got a good deal...now it's 1.55% nia.

current scb fd promo rate is attractive for short 5 months but limited to 100k. So I think big depositors are gg for POSB 1.75%+0.05% for 7months instead ..

beautyseek

Reaction score
yah, cimb fd promo was the best in July, u got a good deal...now it's 1.55% nia.

current scb fd promo rate is attractive for short 5 months but limited to 100k. So I think big depositors are gg for POSB 1.75%+0.05% for 7months instead ..

How to get the +0.05% for POSB? Thinking abt Hong Leong Finance 1.80% for 8mth (just 1 more mth compared to POSB)...

yongsaver

Reaction score
I am also wondering about the 0.05%...i thought 1.75% includes everything liao. furthermore to get 1.75%, it is above 250K..

yongsaver

Reaction score
i think FIs currently have a bit of resistance to give 2% for 1 year FD. Most prefer instead to offer 1.8%+/- with shorter duration....7, 8 months...

but looking at IR trajectory, it is still on its way up...

i hope one of the FIs will start the 2% ball rolling soon...:D

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think FIs currently have a bit of resistance to give 2% for 1 year FD. Most prefer instead to offer 1.8%+/- with shorter duration....7, 8 months...

but looking at IR trajectory, it is still on its way up...

i hope one of the FIs will start the 2% ball rolling soon...:D
What is FLS?

K202020K

Master Member
Reaction score
too long, soon christmas promo or cny promo coming
Don't think will have any promos already .... banks have been on the edge to attract new funds this year .... except for DBS,UOB,OCBC lah .... even B.o.Bangkok has not up the stakes since its 1.65% bang for the buck offer. And no news on the SBI front thus far.

LexusIS

Reaction score
Don't think will have any promos already .... banks have been on the edge to attract new funds this year .... except for DBS,UOB,OCBC lah .... even B.o.Bangkok has not up the stakes since its 1.65% bang for the buck offer. And no news on the SBI front thus far.

Banks usually step up deposit drive to closer to end of the year to cross over the year. Can look towards the next 2 months as there could be even more promo. This year a lot of banks started early and even POSB joins in, surprise surprise.

I am a believer that rates should be rising basing on the trend. Will be an interesting half year to a year ahead.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.