Surface Go (SG Pre Orders August 2)

charleslin

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Kinda tempted to change my SP 128GB/4GB RAM to the Surface Go.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Feel like getting one but what do you guys think? I want to edit my RAW files on the go when travelling, do you think it can handle Lightroom and Photoshop?

Not advisable. Firstly, it is really underpowered, and secondly, the storage space is very limited.

G4

Master Member
Reaction score
the CPU is better Atom x5-Z8550? or more or less same class as the Lenovo Yoga Book?

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
surface go has no display port

Connections

1 x USB-C

3.5 mm headphone jack

1 x Surface Connect port

Surface Type Cover port

microSDXC card reader

Compatible with Surface Dial* off-screen interaction

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

bad1986

Reaction score
Likely to be out on 28th August 2018. I going to get a feel of it first before considering to get one

mudxblood

Master Member
Reaction score
Is there any shop with a Surface Go display set? I go everywhere only see Surface Pro.

IMM Challenger has the Surface Go 8GB/128GB model on display. Just played around with it. Not bad.

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A6003 using GAGT

radiancez567

Reaction score
IMM Challenger has the Surface Go 8GB/128GB model on display. Just played around with it. Not bad.

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A6003 using GAGT
Cool, looks like the display sets are coming. Gotta play around with one for purchase decision.

tspurs

Reaction score
Cool, looks like the display sets are coming. Gotta play around with one for purchase decision.

Yes, spotted at Challenger Vivo, probably in other places as well. Pretty lightweight, nice screen, feels good in the hand.

Unfortunately the keyboard, while high quality, feels too cramped for me. I find the iPad Pro 10.5's smart keyboard just spacious enough, and the Go's keyboard is narrower than that.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, spotted at Challenger Vivo, probably in other places as well. Pretty lightweight, nice screen, feels good in the hand.

Unfortunately the keyboard, while high quality, feels too cramped for me. I find the iPad Pro 10.5's smart keyboard just spacious enough, and the Go's keyboard is narrower than that.

Because Surface Go have a 3:2 aspect ratio screen, while iPad uses a 4:3 aspect ratio for their screen. Which means unless they increase the bezel size, the keyboard will have to be smaller.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.