2018 iPad Pro

aspiretan

Reaction score
coming from 12.9 user you might need to revisit your option...if you're thinking stationary use then no issue... but if you'd thinking that as complimentary to your existing macbook/laptop then definitely might not be that good idea specially if you want to travel... I find it hard for me to bring along when travelling coz its redundant unless you just want to bring that 12.9 alone and left your laptop at home.

still waiting new model for myself see what sizes best next (no iPad at moment) :p

I have both 10.5 and 12.9. 12.9 is truly perfect for reading, multitasking and drawing with its larger real screen estate. Read, edit, annotate all my pdf docs with it now. Work with office suite or office app the onscreen keyboard suffices for my needs when on the go since i am always using one hand. Perhaps I added an adhesive handstrap that y I don’t feel bothered by the weight at all. Can raise and adjust the ipad to optimal eye level with one palm for reading and writing using the other hand. Don’t even need a surface to place my ipad. Any further intensive tasks I deemed more difficult to work using ipad will just autoupload to iCloud or OneDrive and work on it after docking it in office as a secondary screen. Nowadays i just casted my 10.5 aside as a desk ornament to flash my notifications or news.

rvyne7

Reaction score
I have both 10.5 and 12.9. 12.9 is truly perfect for reading, multitasking and drawing with its larger real screen estate. Read, edit, annotate all my pdf docs with it now. Work with office suite or office app the onscreen keyboard suffices for my needs when on the go since i am always using one hand. Perhaps I added an adhesive handstrap that y I don’t feel bothered by the weight at all. Can raise and adjust the ipad to optimal eye level with one palm for reading and writing using the other hand. Don’t even need a surface to place my ipad. Any further intensive tasks I deemed more difficult to work using ipad will just autoupload to iCloud or OneDrive and work on it after docking it in office as a secondary screen. Nowadays i just casted my 10.5 aside as a desk ornament to flash my notifications or news.

My main usage of that 12.9 was mainly streaming netflix (I ditch my monitor and all) but find its too small for that purpose, while also wanting dual-purpose like reading manga is too big and traveling I prefer light so I can only bring either my MBP or iPad Pro but for emergency at work end up always bringing my MBP as primary choice...

Unlike mini/ regular 9" size iPad too its hard for me to use while lying in the bed just not convenient coz of its size. (normally reading manga and news)

Maybe just my personal preference or too use of my old iPad Mini.

aspiretan

Reaction score
My main usage of that 12.9 was mainly streaming netflix (I ditch my monitor and all) but find its too small for that purpose, while also wanting dual-purpose like reading manga is too big and traveling I prefer light so I can only bring either my MBP or iPad Pro but for emergency at work end up always bringing my MBP as primary choice...

Unlike mini/ regular 9" size iPad too its hard for me to use while lying in the bed just not convenient coz of its size. (normally reading manga and news)

Maybe just my personal preference or too use of my old iPad Mini.

https://www.dhgate.com/product/tfy-...2uLV0KrV0EyEIGdA2YrriSDFUNfeLVgRoC-tcQAvD_BwE

Get a slim case with handstrap like this, make the iPad more wieldy n ur hand wont interfere with the screen or bezel if u r watching shows on bed

rvyne7

Reaction score

melankholy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone managed to transfer photos/videos from camera sd card to a portable storage thumb drive using the iPad as a middleman? I wanna quit lugging my laptop around for travels

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Am contemplating between a 12.9 gen 1 vs gen 2. The refurbished set currently for gen 1 is going for $968 and gen 2 is $200 more. Just thinking if it’s worth that difference considering gen 2’s model is 256gb which is double.

Mainly using it for productivity work, note writing, signing of policies.

PsyClick

Reaction score
Will there be a refresh of iPad pro announcing soon?

Sent from Google PIXEL using GAGT

rvyne7

Reaction score

already annoyed with this too been waiting since June. from what they said the rumor is it wont be another refresh but without home button thingy

PsyClick

Reaction score
already annoyed with this too been waiting since June. from what they said the rumor is it wont be another refresh but without home button thingy
WA. Like that next year no screen also possible.
If refreshed liao usually still able to get the current model? Want to get but itchy to wait abit first

rvyne7

Reaction score
WA. Like that next year no screen also possible.
If refreshed liao usually still able to get the current model? Want to get but itchy to wait abit first

if refresh normally they just bump processor and little improvement... removing home button, increasing size screen means totally new model..

if you want current model its worth getting refurbished they normally sell old model as refurbished in official apple online store.... the only diff really is no boxes.

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. Am going with the 10.5” Pro for now first. Got a good deal for a used unit.

Depending on your budget. If I were you, I will go for the gen 2.

I have the iPad Pro 12.9 gen 1 and iPad Pro 10.5, and my iPad Pro 12.9 gen 2 is coming tomorrow. What I can say is that 10.5 is so much smoother than the gen 1 iPad Pro 12.9, espically when there is pro motion.

iPad Pro 10.5 and 12.9 gen 2 shares the same specs. The only difference is only the screen size and battery life.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I think it got delayed till Oct. Read it somewhere.

Apple now is no more Apple in the past. Everything was like clockwork and people can look forward to new product each year at around the same time. Nowadays, other than iPhone which is their main income, the rest of the products are gets released as and when they want.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. Am going with the 10.5” Pro for now first. Got a good deal for a used unit.

I am using the 10.5 inch version and it is very good. Anyway, when you mention used, do you mean refurbished or 2nd hand? Lazada Mall now having some pretty decent discount @ 10% off. I did notice a 16 to 18% off yesterday, but got removed.

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
It’s 2nd hand. The guy used it for barely a day.

Got the 256gb wifi for $1050 with Apple care.

I am using the 10.5 inch version and it is very good. Anyway, when you mention used, do you mean refurbished or 2nd hand? Lazada Mall now having some pretty decent discount @ 10% off. I did notice a 16 to 18% off yesterday, but got removed.

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if refresh normally they just bump processor and little improvement... removing home button, increasing size screen means totally new model..

if you want current model its worth getting refurbished they normally sell old model as refurbished in official apple online store.... the only diff really is no boxes.

There is still a box for a refurbished unit albeit a different looking one.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.