Tidal Hifi or Spotify?

summersky1986

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this topic was discussed before, I just thought it's 2017 and hope to get refreshed opinions.

I'm currently using an AK DAP and heir audio 8a / etymotic er4xr.. but getting lazy to bring out the player these days..

I'm now considering to sign with either tidal Hifi (19.90) or spotify (9.90).. will be running them on my android phone (P10 plus)..

Is the extra 10 bucks a month worth it? :(

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was also asking the same thing a short while back and being a Singtel customer, ultimately went with Spotify Premium because Sngtel had a promotion of only $3.95 per mth for the frst 6 mths. Somemore streaming of data is free and set to extreme quality at 320kbps, sound quality is good enough.

HamsterKing

Reaction score
Soon there will be premium for spotify too! But depends on the music you listen to lor some tidal don't have some spotify don't have and spotify if u sign the family pack is much cheaper too.

ak6110

Reaction score
I have been using Spotify for sometime, I sign up the family package and find that Spotify have many more songs, and also easy to configure your own playlists. I am sorry I cannot comment on Tidle.

xDragon

Reaction score
Sorry if this topic was discussed before, I just thought it's 2017 and hope to get refreshed opinions.

I'm currently using an AK DAP and heir audio 8a / etymotic er4xr.. but getting lazy to bring out the player these days..

I'm now considering to sign with either tidal Hifi (19.90) or spotify (9.90).. will be running them on my android phone (P10 plus)..

Is the extra 10 bucks a month worth it? :(

Can you objectively differentiate tidal lossless and spotify's ogg mp3 in a double blind test? If not, just stick to spotify unless tidal has certain tracks that you want.

summersky1986

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can you objectively differentiate tidal lossless and spotify's ogg mp3 in a double blind test? If not, just stick to spotify unless tidal has certain tracks that you want.
I haven't tried any blind test but I guess I will stick with spotify and use my DAP for hifi quality.

On a side note.. I found an ahem version of spotify lol

Sent from HUAWEI VKY-L29 using GAGT

3SG_NS_Wong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I signed up with both.

Spotify for it's incredible playlists and for my family members as well.

Tidal when i really want to sit down and listen seriously.

Will probably cancel Tidal once Spotify releases it's lossless subscription though.

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I haven't tried any blind test but I guess I will stick with spotify and use my DAP for hifi quality.

Really depend on your gear and preference.
I still prefer Tidal since I am using full size headphones for that
wide soundstage as well as detail.
Tidal have gone High res/HD with MQA codec.

If you are not using full size headphone just stick with Spotify will do.
Tidal is only noticeable if you are using full size headphones and MQA
compatible DAP like from Pioneer.

djgoh17

Reaction score
I subscribe to Spotify family. I wish Spotify also provides the music video for the song. That would really complete the package.

xDragon

Reaction score

Spotify's codec is better than standard mp3 lol, not that it matters to me and most people because almost no one can differentiate that and lossless consistently. What matters is the quality of recording and mastering of the tracks.

Reaction score
I recently subscribed to tidal HfFi and I can definitely hear the difference while streaming on my Sonos Play 1s. The difference is very noticeable especially when you play songs with high quality recording, instrumental or vocal focus.

Noirkw

Reaction score
Personally, tidal hifi for my desktop system.

Sent from Samsung SM-G950F using GAGT

jasonho

Reaction score
I was considering between Tidal and Spotify and finally decided on Tidal Hifi after my initial trial.

I am intending to sign up for Tidal Hifi Family package and anyone considering Tidal Hifi and willing to join in the family package, please feel free to PM me.

Cookee

Master Member
Reaction score
Signed up for both Spotify and Tidal 3 months trial to compare. I'm using a HiRes headphone connected to my PC, I find that Tidal for Tidal, the audio is louder and clearer while Spotify seems muted.

For those of you who signed up with Tidal locally, through Singtel, etc, can you help to do a search for A-Mei Chang and see if how many albums are returned.

I get 40 hits on Spotify and 4 on Tidal using the same name listed above.

Thanks.

Shutterbox

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If go for tidal, must get the hi rez one then make sense?

How much is it?

Cookee

Master Member
Reaction score
If go for tidal, must get the hi rez one then make sense?

How much is it?

Depends on how well your ears can hear the difference between the Premium and HiFi (Lossless audio) it kind of depends on the type of music you're listening to in order to be able to hear the difference.

For pricing.
If you're Singtel mobile customer, you can sign up thru them for S$15.90 per month on 12 months contract, or the Tidal Premium with first 2 months for $1 at singtelmusic.com

If you sign up online directly with Tidal, it's USD19.90 monthly, S$28.06 as of 30 Dec according to Visa, you can get a $0.99 fr 3 months trial direct from their site.

Shutterbox

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Depends on how well your ears can hear the difference between the Premium and HiFi (Lossless audio) it kind of depends on the type of music you're listening to in order to be able to hear the difference.

For pricing.
If you're Singtel mobile customer, you can sign up thru them for S$15.90 per month on 12 months contract, or the Tidal Premium with first 2 months for $1 at singtelmusic.com

If you sign up online directly with Tidal, it's USD19.90 monthly, S$28.06 as of 30 Dec according to Visa, you can get a $0.99 fr 3 months trial direct from their site.

The tidal account signed thru singtel is only on a 12 month contract and can't continue past 12 months assume I continue to use the same line keep the w/o contract running?

Can sign this app with non contract sim plans?

demonqiyue

Reaction score
tidal does not seem to have alot of songs leh.... like i search jay chou only afew songs and hard to find chinese songs they do not take in han yu pin yin as search. =(

demonqiyue

Reaction score
That why, hopefully some company come out with English, Chinese, Thai, Vietnam, Japanese, Korean songs that is Hi-Fi quality.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.