Malaysia prepaid card

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have 2 questions:

1) Lets say someone in JB gave me a malaysia phone number,
Is there a way i can tell from a glance the number is a Prepaid card number or a Post paid number ?

2) If i did not activate my U Mobile prepaid SIM card, and people attempt to call in, will there be a voice message saying this card not activated or will it get cut off straight away?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have 2 questions:

1) Lets say someone in JB gave me a malaysia phone number,
Is there a way i can tell from a glance the number is a Prepaid card number or a Post paid number ?

2) If i did not activate my U Mobile prepaid SIM card, and people attempt to call in, will there be a voice message saying this card not activated or will it get cut off straight away?

1) I don't think so, not with the existence of mobile number porting (MNP) where prepaid porting to postpaid (and vice versa) also available. Within same telco too, there are users who change from prepaid to postpaid or the other way round.

2) "The number you've called is not in use." ...? I don't think there'll be a voice messaging about the number not activated, at least not that precise... Or maybe just some "not in use" type of tone...

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if this is my malaysia prepaid card phone number, someone from SG wan to call me while i am in Malaysia, what is the exact digits they should key in to call ?

issit 601672167352
or 6001672167352
or need to press any + symbols?

QXDmWCy.jpg

funky05

Reaction score
if this is my malaysia prepaid card phone number, someone from SG wan to call me while i am in Malaysia, what is the exact digits they should key in to call ?

issit 601672167352
or 6001672167352
or need to press any + symbols?

QXDmWCy.jpg

+601672167352

kitkat2

Reaction score
Weekend trip with friends all holding Digi cards, none showed that offer. There're a couple each of (all Best) 2017 version, Prepaid v4, and New Prepaid v1/2. None showed it, and what's more none showed cheaper 2-day packages we used last month. Last month too, one of the 2017 had the offer you mentioned.

Maybe this offer is randomly being offered...

what a pity! maybe you are a big spender that's why. no need to entice you :)

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
they even extended the promo and keep texting me!

Good for you! :)

On the contrary, I think it's because the group of us has never activated any monthly data pack from our Digi cards before... max is probably only a week, and that's rarely. :)

Tetata

Reaction score
Hi, I bought a Digi card last week and now the account is inactive. May I know how long this number will go invalid? And next time I go in can I just top up 5rm and use it for a day?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, I bought a Digi card last week and now the account is inactive. May I know how long this number will go invalid? And next time I go in can I just top up 5rm and use it for a day?

The number of days given to the Subscriber to receive incoming calls and SMS is 90 (ninety) days upon expiry of Active state validity period, but no outgoing transactions are allowed unless a 'reload' is performed.
Upon reaching 90 (ninety) days validity period, if there is still no reload activities performed, the status of SIM card will be changed to 'Suspended (R2)' whereby a Subscriber will not be allowed to receive incoming or outgoing calls or SMS except for automated SMS from Digi.

Digi Live T&C

Read details under SIM Card Lifecycle.

Tetata

Reaction score
Thanks!! Didn’t see this page! So I can buy a few top up voucher then before go in just top up 5rm right

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks!! Didn’t see this page! So I can buy a few top up voucher then before go in just top up 5rm right

Yes, you can do that.

Just remember to check the validity date of the reload vouchers when you're buying. Normally a couple of years or more.

kitkat2

Reaction score

if you are going for just a day, rm5 is too much. buy 1-day validity (actually it is 2 days) by burning rm1 from your credit balance, or topup rm3.

Whizdom

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a prepaid card that suits my needs?.
Frequent traveller to JB . Mainly use for gps/google thats all.

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT

kitkat2

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a prepaid card that suits my needs?.
Frequent traveller to JB . Mainly use for gps/google thats all.

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT

digi live. it gives you 2.5gb of youtube per week which can be used for google map too.

Papermate

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
digi live. it gives you 2.5gb of youtube per week which can be used for google map too.

He said he uses it for gps and Google.

You mention YouTube. :eek:

YouTube makan a lot of GB.

I wonder why would people even go to JB to watch YouTube? Might as well stay at home. :s13:

kitkat2

Reaction score
He said he uses it for gps and Google.

You mention YouTube. :eek:

YouTube makan a lot of GB.

I wonder why would people even go to JB to watch YouTube? Might as well stay at home. :s13:

i said the free youtube data can be used for google map.

for gps you don't need data.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.