Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

joshua182

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hey folks, I got a call from a lady claiming to be my Citibank "personal banker"...

i'm not a big customer. only have maxigain (with $100k) and a cashback credit card with them. have been with the bank for > 15 years though.

she wants to arrange to meet sia. anyone have such experience before? I already told her i'm not interested to buy any financial products but she said just to meet to know me better.

how arh? those who met before, are they one-kind one? what she wanna sell? insurance-related? unit trusts?

She was able to call you as your account is old, and you probably did not register for the DNC, which means they still have your “permission” so to speak, to contact you with product and service offerings.

What they will do is to try to sell you insurance savings plans, most of which they will claim to have better returns than what you are getting.

It will mostly be a waste of your time unless the nice lady that called you is a real cutie, but i wouldnt count on it XD

compro_1975

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hey folks, I got a call from a lady claiming to be my Citibank "personal banker"...

i'm not a big customer. only have maxigain (with $100k) and a cashback credit card with them. have been with the bank for > 15 years though.

she wants to arrange to meet sia. anyone have such experience before? I already told her i'm not interested to buy any financial products but she said just to meet to know me better.

how arh? those who met before, are they one-kind one? what she wanna sell? insurance-related? unit trusts?

pretty? no harm knowing a new friend ma

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got such a call too. Yes they confirm with boloso u that u can earn higher amt when u buy their insurance products.

Sent from Samsung SM-G950F using GAGT

She was able to call you as your account is old, and you probably did not register for the DNC, which means they still have your “permission” so to speak, to contact you with product and service offerings.

What they will do is to try to sell you insurance savings plans, most of which they will claim to have better returns than what you are getting.

It will mostly be a waste of your time unless the nice lady that called you is a real cutie, but i wouldnt count on it XD

pretty? no harm knowing a new friend ma

thanks for all the sharing. i'm seriously weary (and wary) of such agents. no offence that they need a living but I know they have something up their sleeves.

will update her that I dowan to meet already. just a waste of time for both sides.

and no, so far all the 'relationship managers' I have had with other banks all is just for transaction only. literally transactional relationship. else they also won't bother to ask "how are you".

sigh.

demoforce1

Master Member
Reaction score
thanks for all the sharing. i'm seriously weary (and wary) of such agents. no offence that they need a living but I know they have something up their sleeves.

will update her that I dowan to meet already. just a waste of time for both sides.

and no, so far all the 'relationship managers' I have had with other banks all is just for transaction only. literally transactional relationship. else they also won't bother to ask "how are you".

sigh.

yup, I met with the lady, and she just offers a long-term insurance plan, I said not interested, and that's all

jnashville

Banned
Reaction score
I received a similar call, but from a guy. Told him I not interested, and if anything, just tell me more about it on phone, but he insist must meet.

I just hang the call.

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yup, I met with the lady, and she just offers a long-term insurance plan, I said not interested, and that's all

yeah I am expecting that. just a waste of time for both parties. jin paiseh. so if know the outcome already, better don't bother to meet...

looks like it's quite common these days. this is the second banker (different bank) who asks to meet up recently. the banks making them work super hard I guess... :o

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
yeah I am expecting that. just a waste of time for both parties. jin paiseh. so if know the outcome already, better don't bother to meet...

looks like it's quite common these days. this is the second banker (different bank) who asks to meet up recently. the banks making them work super hard I guess... :o

Must be you are living in gcb and have high annual income. Me only always receive calls to ask me take loan

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

It's a pretty common sales technique. Out of 100 people, maybe 10 to 15 are 'weak' enough to give in and actually meet with them. Those are the ones who, even if they don't really want to buy what the banker is peddling, are highly susceptible to being convinced to buy. Out of those 10 - 15, about 8 to 10 of them will probably give in to their sales pitch.

I don't even bother to talk with them over the phone. My standing instruction is to send me the details by email. It's not too bad, one of them did contact me by email, and I was able to place a 1 month USD FD at 5%.

LexusIS

Reaction score
The interest is in. So we can withdraw it today and not impact the counters right? :s12:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.