Status
Not open for further replies.

appl888

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Odds now 14
Be fair to spurs
Their odds now 9

Strangely enough, the players like Pogba, Lukaku and Lindelof who performed rather well in the World Cup are having terrible starts to the season. Thought they would continue their good form.

What are the Singapore Pools odds of us winning the league now?

cracker

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just realise Jose ,Pep plus the former City manager,Pellegrini ? are the only managers left in the league who had won the title.

Transcript of Jose's post match interview where he kept asking for respect.
But if a manager needs to remind the audience of how many titles he had won and demand respect... it is a sign of...... ta ta bye bye.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45325315

Gr3yham3

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
well, the owners backed the mgr and extended his contract. Fred is only replacing Carrick that retired. the mgr identified areas to strengthen

if the owners feel they cant trust JM with more money, they didnt need to extend him in Jan, could have waited till end of season to decide what to do with him.

it doesnt end with just sacking JM, they need someone who knows how to deal with the footballing side of the business

Agreed. Like many have said: they should have backed him or sacked him. Choosing neither here nor there is just poor for everyone involved. Like you said, our team has not upgraded at all, since Fred is just to replace Carrick. 6 goals conceded in 2 games just speaks volumes of the shambles at the back.

Money thing really gets me sometimes though - I know we should not overspend, but seriously, as they richest club in the world, what did we expect to face when we were asking to buy other clubs' players?

123kidy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well in jan they gave him Sanchez one of the best players in the epl for the past few years and he look horrible since he came here

And look at the dire second part of the season. We are virtually limping towards the finishing line.

Maybe the management are having second thoughts after seeing his man management and negative tactics in the second half of the season coupled with his demand of 30yrs players at high cost. I feel like he’s trying to save himself more than anything by asking for these players

well, the owners backed the mgr and extended his contract. Fred is only replacing Carrick that retired. the mgr identified areas to strengthen

if the owners feel they cant trust JM with more money, they didnt need to extend him in Jan, could have waited till end of season to decide what to do with him.

it doesnt end with just sacking JM, they need someone who knows how to deal with the footballing side of the business

Ch3tah_39

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I thought we have a easy start to the season compared to Arsenal? End up we doing the same with them. United will be Champion! Even Not this season, still got the next or next season.

Now they can show more of the past winning against spurs and just forget about this 0-3 lost haha

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Damn, this is so dissapointing. Glad to choose sleep over late games nowdays.

Hope is slow start and then win all the way lol. Our season start the next game haha or ready to bounce back liao. Lindeflop what he do again haha?

Xmas almost come early.

Sent from Single is not a status. It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone. using GAGT

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well in jan they gave him Sanchez one of the best players in the epl for the past few years and he look horrible since he came here

And look at the dire second part of the season. We are virtually limping towards the finishing line.

Maybe the management are having second thoughts after seeing his man management and negative tactics in the second half of the season coupled with his demand of 30yrs players at high cost. I feel like he’s trying to save himself more than anything by asking for these players

He came to get the highest pay packet.. that's all it is..

cracker

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Agreed. Like many have said: they should have backed him or sacked him. Choosing neither here nor there is just poor for everyone involved. Like you said, our team has not upgraded at all, since Fred is just to replace Carrick. 6 goals conceded in 2 games just speaks volumes of the shambles at the back.

Money thing really gets me sometimes though - I know we should not overspend, but seriously, as they richest club in the world, what did we expect to face when we were asking to buy other clubs' players?

From woody's point of view...it might not be just paying big money for player A and/or B.. it is the aftermath....meaning the salary required by the new player and those in the current team will also require to have their adjusted to be of the same amt as the new player..

I still believe the current grp of players are not playing to their best ability...

Adi Dassler

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Even LKK has gone to shlts

So which player Mourinho bought can be consider success?

Gr3yham3

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's been that kind of start to the season where the whole team besides Shaw has been playing poorly. Can't remember where we had such a poor start to the season, whether in terms of games lost, pre-season performances or the transfer market. I think only Moyes season comes close? But even then we did not start the first 3 games of the season so poorly.

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
many players move within the same league and suffered too. sometimes its not entirely down to the manager.

he wanted Perisic remember? but ended up with Sanchez, cos its the only way to get rid of Miki. Arsenal cant afford Miki without selling Sanchez. a top EPL player and fairly marketable in Woodward's books so why not right? but he still wanted defenders, didnt get it then, neither in the summer.

his man management n tactics were all along there to see. it didnt just happen in the 2nd half of the season.

Unai Emery was always expected to leave, back in Jan. afraid to lose Jose to PSG, they quickly tied him up whether they still wanna trust him with more money or not.

suddenly a 3x UCL winner announce his departure and the management immediately regret their decision to extend JM's contract and thus start with their "sorry dude no more money for u. deal with whatever u already have. oh Carrick left, so we'll at least get you that replacement if possible otherwise make do with the kids that are returning"

of cos he wanna save himself. getting experienced players, add a few young players, mix in the academy kids and try to challenge for the title.
that has been him, all along. the club appointed him knowing this fact. suddenly saying "oh thats not what we want from our manager" is like, in fans words, making a striker play as a defender.

cracker

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Even LKK has gone to shlts

So which player Mourinho bought can be consider success?

the other questions will be are all the players bought in the last 2 years his choice/selection?

Or did he just watch Youtube to select the players?

i only remember back in Chelsea the only player that he openly disagreed with the purchase was Shevchenko.

So were the likes of Bailly, Lindelof, Sanchez etc agreed by him?

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
will be interesting to see if the management will sack after 3 games
if he truly lost the dressing room den no amount of games will turn things round.
will they do it?
Obviously Jose is losing control, most likely last season for him here.

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i remember we have a list of slightly over 10 players in final year of their contract. cant recall if any of them already extended

maybe both camps are waiting to see the situation of the manager future.

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
even if there was, only maximum of 1. cant be all

so he has to take the blame of not being able to make the players play to their ability, nevermind maximising or even 120%

motivation or whatever the correct term is.
the other questions will be are all the players bought in the last 2 years his choice/selection?

Or did he just watch Youtube to select the players?

i only remember back in Chelsea the only player that he openly disagreed with the purchase was Shevchenko.

So were the likes of Bailly, Lindelof, Sanchez etc agreed by him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.