Official Aug 2018 BTO

skizzer

Reaction score
So it will take longer time to build.. 50 months hmm

I’m surprised the possession date is as far as 2024. I guess they rly need to build up the infrastructure, expect many years of construction building noise nearby after TOP.

Chua Zhiming

Reaction score
If you read the ending paragraph, it seems BTO will be getting more expensive.

So, are Aug 2018 BTO prices reasonable?

While BTO prices are still lower than resale prices, there have been clear moves by HDB to reduce this gap over the years, as evidenced by the slow increase of BTO prices over the past few years in spite of resale prices remaining constant. This readjustment might be more apparent in some towns (e.g. Yishun) as opposed to others such as Punggol.

Nevertheless, one thing is clear, BTO flat owners now stand to gain less when they sell their flats upon MOP, which means that buyers must be more discerning when they apply for a BTO flat in the first place, and consider carefully whether a given location suits them and their family as opposed to just looking to snap up a unit on the cheap (because it’s no longer that cheap).​

Raising BTO prices to discourage ppl from selling after 5 years MOP is just flawed thinking. I think it's more to increase HDB's profits.

If they truly want to prevent ppl flipping properties, just increase the MOP to 10 years. BTO is meant to be affordable housing, punishing the masses who want to stay long term just because of those speculators is just poor policy-making. Higher BTO prices will also lead to higher resale prices :s22:

EmoFaith

Reaction score
Raising BTO prices to discourage ppl from selling after 5 years MOP is just flawed thinking. I think it's more to increase HDB's profits.

If they truly want to prevent ppl flipping properties, just increase the MOP to 10 years. BTO is meant to be affordable housing, punishing the masses who want to stay long term just because of those speculators is just poor policy-making. Higher BTO prices will also lead to higher resale prices :s22:

What does MOP stands for? What it means

Eternit

Reaction score
Guys for Yishun they not building it high due to plans flying from seletar airbase? Could it be a potential noise issue?

Bonhun

Reaction score
You mean the melody spring project? I am not too sure, it could be one possible reason. Another could be the soil there might not be able to handle weight if build too high? Just randomly guessing.

Guys for Yishun they not building it high due to plans flying from seletar airbase? Could it be a potential noise issue?

Bonhun

Reaction score
Don't like longer MOP but have to agree with you. =P

workedmw

Reaction score
I’m surprised the possession date is as far as 2024. I guess they rly need to build up the infrastructure, expect many years of construction building noise nearby after TOP.

kinda turned off by the 2024 possession date. thats really long from now..

dezire89

Reaction score
the release for this round of BTO and ROF so chui, but still got ppl apply. wow.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.