Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 33

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
now... i won't go as far as that.

I don't think Moyes can handle the big egos at RM.

Sent from Single is not a status. It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone. using GAGT

123kidy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Shaw was best performer last night. But as I said earlier, it speaks volume when he was the best, in a bad way.

I still maintain what I believe, we need a RW, a LB and a **.

One reason we didn't score, apart from we missing, is Toby led Spurs def brilliantly.

We have very little pressing from RW too.

LB, well Shaw was best player last night, but goal #2 came from his inability to stop Trippier.

We need a **. Smelling was best ** last night, but goal #3 came from him, but the game was lost by that time anyway. He is not the kind of defender that know how to lead the back four, unlike Toby at the other end. I'll happily swap him and with Toby and pay £30m on top.

Like what some said, if you ******* extend JM contracts, then you ******* supports him too. You know nuts about football so don't act pro and say paying over the odds for old players. The truth is JM said we have weak spots, and Ed didn't support him to fix it.

Sack JM? Who can come? Zizou? Don't make me laugh please. Even SAF will not win much with these back four. Zizou is overhyped because he had cheat mode FM with RM. Even Moyes can win UCL with that RM team.

well u r pro here i guess when you can analyse these things while other can't
we are fans here discussing our team in a manutd thread.
everyone have their own opinions on the way this club is going

apeape

Reaction score
not seeing any good in JM is one thing.

wanna sit with City fans and sing their songs is entirely different. but if that's how u roll, so be it.

u feel entitled to mention how u support, people are also entitled to say it is disgusting to their ears/eyes to see such a support.

I also think supporting this type of football, no matter the club, is disgusting. but if thats how you like your football and "how you roll", so be it.

So you see some good in JM, tell us lah. prove us wrong. you keep quiet about that for what.

spykid

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Okay then bye bye then. No need for fair weather fans. Even though we had similarly crappy times under LvG and Moyes, most of us still supported the TEAM. If the choice of current manager affects you so much, please go support Poch,Pep or Klopp.

He’s a troll bro, just ignore him or put on ignore list. This type I doubt he even watch the match to even give proper post comments and just ‘i told you so’ that kind of thing. Continue supporting the team your own way

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I pity those who's going OT this season to watch... VIP tickets not cheap, pay to watch them lose..

spykid

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I pity those who's going OT this season to watch... VIP tickets not cheap, pay to watch them lose..

All part of the experience. I went to Old Trafford for the first time and watched us lose :s13:

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
http://www.espn.com/soccer/manchest...-make-money-regardless-of-results-ed-woodward

Woodward replied: "Playing performance doesn't really have a meaningful impact on what we can do on the commercial side of the business."
Sounds like a dare to the fans and sponsors. Wonder will he still be around when the fans stopped spending and the sponsors withdraw their sponsors. Really Yaya papaya kinda talk. He's gotten the JM bug that the team plays well after being trashed at home and that's progress. Lol.

Sent from Sony G8142 using GAGT

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
We're already past the "we need this and that" phase/timeslot. The irony in the midst of all these discussions is that we're literally at the "we have to work with what we have" 4 months. What we're hoping JoseM will do.
But I think that's exactly what JoseM is doing, and he's switching things around to find the right combo. We have a mishmash midfield who don't synergise well, a backline who keeps getting shots (from players, media, fans) from all over (even though I don't think it's a major problem with them), and a frontline (or should I say frontpoint) that isn't as potent as he had hoped.
35 to go in the league. Can I put up with it? Yes, because I still harbour hope. Unlike his mentor whom I (honestly) pretty much gave up hoping for good football.

zhaohan

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a dare to the fans and sponsors. Wonder will he still be around when the fans stopped spending and the sponsors withdraw their sponsors. Really Yaya papaya kinda talk. He's gotten the JM bug that the team plays well after being trashed at home and that's progress. Lol.

am actually more dulan with him, think he knows football more than the manager
the last 2 games just prove that we do need the players the manager asked for

even if we change manager, jones/smalling will not become varane, shaw will not become marcelo

TOKARA

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my friend cousin paid $600 for last night game to watch us tio thrash

sCuzzZy

Reaction score
I am sure negativity is rife round after a dismal performance, but there is no need to impose ones' method on another.

we are all here for a healthy discussion, or to vent. mostly the latter in recent years. There is no point in having to 'backup' one's pov or stand. there is no justification to an emotional sport.

if this the kinda football that you hate watching, anyone is more then welcome to watch other football. but do not for once, thought that its your right to vent your frustration on other members in this place.

123kidy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
why wanna harp on not getting players again n again since transfer period is over

we just want the team to do better now
defend better and play better , attack better

TOKARA

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I still feel JM don't know how to utilize him best..

Sent from Single is not a status. It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone. using GAGT
Can tell me which of our current player he can utilise the best? Why their respective national team managers can and he can't. Why their former club managers can and he can't?

So what is JM good at actually other than knowing how to inherit a good squad, win some trophies in the first season or 2 and completely destroyed a club in the 3rd season? That's his stats. He is consistent in doing that no doubt about it.

Just imagine if we won last season and getting the kinda results we get now with a new manager like DM. Fans will be slaughtering him for saying it's the same team that won last season plus some new players and that the players don't turn bad overnight.

Especially when we are playing against a team who spent a total of 0 dollars in summer.

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Someone mentioned this on facebook, about us at least having a brand new kitchen sink sponsor. Maybe that's the jinx that we all need to pin the blame on.

apeape

Reaction score
We're already past the "we need this and that" phase/timeslot. The irony in the midst of all these discussions is that we're literally at the "we have to work with what we have" 4 months. What we're hoping JoseM will do.
But I think that's exactly what JoseM is doing, and he's switching things around to find the right combo. We have a mishmash midfield who don't synergise well, a backline who keeps getting shots (from players, media, fans) from all over (even though I don't think it's a major problem with them), and a frontline (or should I say frontpoint) that isn't as potent as he had hoped.
35 to go in the league. Can I put up with it? Yes, because I still harbour hope. Unlike his mentor whom I (honestly) pretty much gave up hoping for good football.

Your last line proves that youre supporting a lucklustre Man Utd just because of Mourinho. If it was still Moyes or LVG, you would have given up, correct? Thats where I'm at with Mou, I've had enough. but still another 4 months is nothing...

But i give it to you that at least he is switching players to find diff combos. Just hope he finally realises that he needs to switch tactics too at some point..

123kidy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am sure negativity is rife round after a dismal performance, but there is no need to impose ones' method on another.

we are all here for a healthy discussion, or to vent. mostly the latter in recent years. There is no point in having to 'backup' one's pov or stand. there is no justification to an emotional sport.

if this the kinda football that you hate watching, anyone is more then welcome to watch other football. but do not for once, thought that its your right to vent your frustration on other members in this place.

well said.
i dont need to be a footballer to know football
im just a fan giving my personal opinion whether it's unpopular or not

i dont need some elitist mindset of "im superior to you, i know more than you" to come tell me im pro or not

this is the effing reason so many people out there detest certain group of united fans

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I gave up hoping for good football. I didn't give up on United. But I still hoped LvG would start focusing on the attacking side after solidifying the defence and midfield, which I admit he did pretty well. He didn't have the time since it appears now that he was always just an interim.
I would never have given up on DavidM. He was the one whom SAF backed. SAF can back eating cockroaches for health and I'd have given it a try.

spykid

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So Ed my friend what are you waiting for? If you are not going to back the manager and give him what he wants, then please just sack him and put him out of misery. The manager has already gave his pre early goodbyes to the supporters at the ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.