Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 33

Status
Not open for further replies.

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Really, CR could've singlehandedly won the PL with DavidM in charge. That 50 crosses game? CR would put at least 5 of those away.

123kidy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i'm not entirely convinced Zidane is that great of manager. Yes he won 3 champions league but frankly sometimes i think even alan pardew would have got Real madrid quite far in the UCL with the team madrid had at that time lol.

didnt our manager JM manage RM as well? and had the likes of ronaldo, bale, modric, ramos in their prime

didnt get close to winning the ECL during his years there

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
nah not they they know better or wad.
they banking in on the 1st 2 season cure. after Moyes n van Gaal they wanted a quick fix.

and i kept saying this, there was ample time to judge Jose till end of the season before giving him the new contract.
if they were unsure of Jose delivering den why scared to lose him to PSG?

Being kiasu I suppose, scared to lose JM cos they don't see any other similar calibre manager available at that time. All the teams with good managers are doing well so they are afraid they can't get a capable replacement if JM were to suddenly leave. That shows how much they trust JM himself in wanting to stay at the club for the long haul. They didn't trust him, so the only way is to tie him down.

At that point it was still mathematically possible for us to win 3 trophies. They probably were looking into his past history of winning the league in his first 2 seasons as well and were banking on that. Especially after we got Sanchez. Nvm what happen in the 3rd year. Let's just show him that we trust he can do the job in 2 seasons.

That plan backfired. They put their eggs in that basket, it didn't work out and the only backup they have is not to spend so much in summer to lessen the damage. At least now if they were to sack him, they will still have the funds to back whoever the new manager wants to bring in instead of telling the new guy sorry you just have to make do with JMs flops that he purchased.

Sent from Sony G8142 using GAGT

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ArseneW will take a look and see United behaving like the Arsenal and City being like United during his tenure, and no thanks, enough years of being cash-strapped.

Greysky

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
didnt our manager JM manage RM as well? and had the likes of ronaldo, bale, modric, ramos in their prime

didnt get close to winning the ECL during his years there

lol you need to know his direct rivals during that time are our direct rivals now too.

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sign new contract liao
say he win a title or 2 den wants to go PSG
can they stop him? not quite. its very different from extending player contract where it means more bargaining power for higher transfer fees.
Being kiasu I suppose, scared to lose JM cos they don't see any other similar calibre manager available at that time. All the teams with good managers are doing well so they are afraid they can't get a capable replacement if JM were to suddenly leave. That shows how much they trust JM himself in wanting to stay at the club for the long haul. They didn't trust him, so the only way is to tie him down.

At that point it was still mathematically possible for us to win 3 trophies. They probably were looking into his past history of winning the league in his first 2 seasons as well and were banking on that. Especially after we got Sanchez. Nvm what happen in the 3rd year. Let's just show him that we trust he can do the job in 2 seasons.

That plan backfired. They put their eggs in that basket, it didn't work out and the only backup they have is not to spend so much in summer to lessen the damage. At least now if they were to sack him, they will still have the funds to back whoever the new manager wants to bring in instead of telling the new guy sorry you just have to make do with JMs flops that he purchased.

Sent from Sony G8142 using GAGT

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oh right, Zidane might be on his way to Juventus, as sporting director

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
utd board biggest mistake is not getting guardiola. should have offer 2 or 3 times what city is paying him.

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is that so? Then why did he say he didn't understand SAF's accent? He could've just said he had already accepted BM's offer.

vitaminc1231

Master Member
Reaction score
well u r pro here i guess when you can analyse these things while other can't
we are fans here discussing our team in a manutd thread.
everyone have their own opinions on the way this club is going

I was referring to Ed in my earlier post when I said you know nuts about football, not directed to any fan. Fans always have rights to say things because fans pay money to support. :o

sCuzzZy

Reaction score
if you choose to extend the manager's contract, at least have the decency to go out and back him.

the whole summer was a joke which certainly didn't help the morale which in turns hurts everything on the pitch.

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
there are people who said the same about not getting Jose right after SAF left.
he came, he hasn't changed, and here we are now.
utd board biggest mistake is not getting
guardiola. should have offer 2 or 3 times what city is paying him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.