Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 33

Status
Not open for further replies.

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hahaha, who knows. But back then, it wasn't known yet that David Gill was leaving.

123kidy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
utd board biggest mistake is not getting guardiola. should have offer 2 or 3 times what city is paying him.

actually zidane's managerial start similar to pep
straight away manage a top side and win alot of stuff

both got exhausted n took a break

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Greysky probably meant that Alan Pardew would've gotten that team quite far away from the UCL with the team madrid had at that time lol.

sCuzzZy

Reaction score
it is no coincidence that the whole club went downhill when the gaffer and the man in the board room left together.

changing just the manager doesnt exactly solved all the problem.

123kidy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Moyes can take them to the finals at least considering he managed to get to united to the quarter finals

vitaminc1231

Master Member
Reaction score
if you choose to extend the manager's contract, at least have the decency to go out and back him.

the whole summer was a joke which certainly didn't help the morale which in turns hurts everything on the pitch.

This is precisely my point. We are not good enough, or else we wouldn't be 19 points away. You have to give it JM that we got 2nd with this squad. He knows the problem, and he wants to fix it, but he needs Ed to support him. Sure, we have spent a lot of money on players under him, and not all are good so far, but SAF had some disaster signings too. Signing new player is always heavily luck driven.

JM also said we are into a tough season and be prepared to see the bad result. He issued the warnings, but everyone said he is negative. Now he's proven correct; everyone crucifies him. He said he doesn't know the best back four because he knows more than anyone of us that the current CD cmi.

So he said what he needed, and when he didn't get what he needs, he warned what is coming. Now when the truth surface, he gets all the blame. WTF?

Also, if I am a top manager, I will not want to takeover JM now. Ed shows he is not someone will fully support the manager. Ever since SAF retires, managers are not the poison. Ed is the root cause of our downfall.

Last edited:

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is precisely my point. We are not good enough, or else we wouldn't be 19 points away. You have to give it JM that we got 2nd with this squad. He knows the problem, and he wants to fix it, but he needs Ed to support him. Sure, we have spent a lot of money on players under him, and not all are good so far, but SAF had some disaster signings too. Signing new player is always heavily luck driven.

JM also said we are into a tough season and be prepared to see the bad result. He issued the warnings, but everyone said he is negative. Now he's proven correct; everyone crucifies him. He said he doesn't know the best back four because he knows more than anyone of us that the current CD cmi.

So he said what he needed, and when he didn't get what he needs, he warned what is coming. Now when the truth surface, he gets all the blame. WTF?

Also, if I am a top manager, I will not want to takeover JM now. Ed shows he is not someone will fully support the manager. Ever since SAF retires, managers are not the poison. Ed is the root cause of our downfall.

to sack ed means utd need to change owner. do you think that is possible.

vitaminc1231

Master Member
Reaction score

I know it is not possible. Just want to remind fans that changing managers is not the solution too. We have done it 3 times with no title yet. Remember the saying of "doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting a different result?"

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Might not be completely Ed, it's just the way processes have changed I guess. DavidG and SAF leaving together gave the board a lot of room to change the way things are run and decisions are made. The board probably had to swallow whatever SAF said/wanted/demanded because of his stature. But now it's all G's men, and their men will obviously listen/follow what the Gs want. For all you know, the decision goes like this: There's a list of 5 players? We give him 3, that's more than 50% of what he wants. Oh, pick the cheapest 3.

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
acknowledging Ed is part of the problem doesn't mean want him sacked.
he is the best person to get the commercial deals. as of now. no other club is doing better than him.
club needs someone who knows how to deal with transfers, managers, players contract. so far, imho, he has made a mess.

if there is any truth in the restructuring plans to create a role to deal with footballing side of the club, den it means they finally recognizing it too. den they better act fast and do so before even thinking about appointing new manager.

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the board/Ed has been going back and forth with their approach without clear direction
even fans are confused why they approached Jose in the first place if they want their manager to build for the future.
I know it is not possible. Just want to remind fans that changing managers is not the solution too. We have done it 3 times with no title yet. Remember the saying of "doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting a different result?"

spykid

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lindelof worries me alot. He seems he doesn't have the bottle to play for a big club. And he panics very easily. Almost got De Gea into trouble when he sold him short a back pass

I don't think he was even good for Sweden in the world cup. I watched all of the Sweden games (he didn't play in the first game) and his central defensive partner who is also the captain was the one holding the defence and sniffing danger out. Lindelof is a very reactive defender, he doesn't sense danger until it is too late which means opposing strikers react to a goalscoring chance quicker than him

Lukaku 3 games missing 3 great chances. If he's not among the goals, he's pretty useless on the pitch for me. Sure he will get us 20 goals a season, but he's not on the level of Ruud, van Persie or Rooney who can win games on his own

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
den that's too late, esp in EPL
Lindelof is a very reactive defender, he doesn't sense danger until it is too late which means opposing strikers react to a goalscoring chance quicker than him

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Talking about RomeluL... reminded me. That header goal by HarryK. What if RomeluL had been standing ON the line at that corner? I had a flashback of Rafael being unable to reach and head out a goalbound ball beside he was too far off the line. And also got reminded of how RomeluL was unable to head the ball out of our penalty box in his earlier games. Despite his height, he's not being very consistently useful in our own box, so he's better off up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.