Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 33

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genesisz

Master Member
Reaction score
Today’s meltdown quite heavy.

It means as fans, we care.

I really hope we can bounce back from this.

Juan_Mata

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Today’s meltdown quite heavy.

It means as fans, we care.

I really hope we can bounce back from this.

Me feel nothing
Really no need meltdown as I've seen from so many fans here
We can't change anything from the fact of United having poor start of the season
When I feel negative comments coming in in this forum, I straight away log out and come back now :s13:

Ch3tah_39

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
5seasons of no premier league title is quite sometime le. And saw the video Mou over reacted saying he won 3 premier league title, more than other 19 manager. Dont think he will ever win it with United.

#MourinhoOut

Reaction score
Long day.

Ed is to blame? Of course he is. Blame him for his naive and stupid. Typical trick by agent to get a pay raise, contract extension (PSG blah blah blah), and he fell for that. Use his buttock to think lah, why will a team want JoMo after they have just bought Neymar? Neymar want to play in JoMo's team?

Also, JoMo once talked, in an event, about someone chose the easy route, went to a easy league. If he goes to the French League, it is a tight slap on his own face.

I hope Ed learns this lesson.

#MourinhoOut

Reaction score
Should the board give JoMo full support? Of course they should, if JoMo never dished out the kind of performance vs Sevilla, and those ******* talk about club heritage, about his Porto also beat Manchester United before.

Can you say that the board do not support JoMo now? If they don't, why was Fred brought in at 57m? Why was Dalot brought in?

#MourinhoOut

Reaction score
Some said the 1st half was a good performance.

Remember those games that we played ******* ugly but won 1-0, 2-1? And what did some said here? Don't care the performance as long as win. Same logic applies then.

jahtl62

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Remember those games that we played ******* ugly but won 1-0, 2-1? And what did some said here? Don't care the performance as long as win. Same logic applies then.

You can have 1 shot at goal & score winning 1-0 is better than 30 shots at goals & can't even score 1 goal.

#MourinhoOut

Reaction score
Is Lindelof JoMo's choice? Some started saying maybe it was Ed anyhow chose the "cheaper" choice, shoved it to JoMo.

Amazing!

As reported by Record Sport Online in December, the Old Trafford manager asked United to bring Lindelof to Old Trafford in the winter window. Benfica, however, demanded an unrealistic fee of €60m before extending the Swede's contract to 2021 on substantially improved terms. Chelsea also attempted to recruit Lindelof last season, having an offer of €35 plus €10m rejected ahead of their deadline-day decision to bring David Luiz back to Stamford Bridge.
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport...ws/manchester-united-want-35m-victor-10600868

Why should you believe this article? Because it is by the ******* Duncan Castle, aka JoMo/Mendes mouth piece. He will write whatever to help push JoMo's agenda. In return, he gets some leaks from Mendes. I won't be surprised that, if Lindelof turns out world class, Duncan Castle will sing praise for JoMo's good sight for talents.

But, Duncan Castle U-turn now:
‘A year ago, United settled on Victor Lindelof because the Benfica-based Swede was cheaper than more polished options
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/man-united-buy-buy-says-jose-mourinho-xrf2gvpkm

Why? Because Lindelof played like shlt. Push the blame to the board, to Ed 1st.

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
He may come good, nobody's saying he won't ever. But he isn't anywhere the level expected to even displace Chris Smalling right now. And nobody is saying it's a case of 2 options for 1 position with Ed choosing the cheaper of the 2. JoseM said he gave a list of 5 players, but we're suggesting that MAYBE the board's decision on which to approach, was dependent on the expected pricing. So PERHAPS another striker was on the list, but was ruled out due to price/possibility (GarethB)? We'll have to wait for someone to spill the beans to know for sure.

#MourinhoOut

Reaction score
When JoMo came in summer 2016, he got Pogba, Zlatan, Mikhy, Bailly. I remember very clearly that, he said, he got all the players that he requested. ALL, he requested.

Summer 2017, in came Matic, Lukaku, Lindelof, missing out on Perisic. He got 3 out of 4 that he wanted. Jan 2018, Mikhy gone, in came Alexis, with 350k weekly salary. Someone reminded me that, Lucas scored 3 goals in 3 matches in season 2018/19, as many goals as Alexis had scored for us since Jan 2018. Lucas also joined Spurs in Jan 2018.

How's the performance of the players that he wanted, under him? Other Matic, who is not fantastic, the anyone of those was not condemned by you guys here for being shlt? buey gan?

He can't even make the best out of those players that he requested, how can you confirm that a Perisic or Toby will help? Who can fault Ed if he has doubt about JoMo's players assessment for recruitment?

Like the Lindelof case, Bonucci was available, VVD was available, Maguire was available. But he chose Lindelof.

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
And you think that a non footballing moneyman deciding that JoseM's assessment for recruitment is good or no good, is the right way things should be run?

#MourinhoOut

Reaction score
May, perhaps, maybe, wonderful words.

I don’t know, I am just a low level worker unlike some who have so much corporate experience to talk about.

Until JoMo can prove he can make full use of the players he asked for (i am not even talking about making those he inherited better), it is wrong to trust his assessment. I feel Ed wise up, want someone professional in to help with this.

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

It was good, I stayed up to watch and it was a different United. We had possession, we were attacking, we limited Spurs attacks. I remember looking at the stats just before half time and was impressed that Spurs had no corner, no shots on target etc...

I honestly though we were playing 4-3-2-1 with Pogba and Lingard both having free role behind LKK until midway then realise Herrera was playing defence.

We were good and it will be a different story if LKK had scored. But he didn't and I blame it on his lack of chances in previous matches when we are not attacking/shooting on goal for him being rusty and lacking in confidence to shoot on target.

As long as we attack and take shots, eventually our players will score...once the goals come, their confidence will rise, the attacking players will have more confidence in taking their shots.

If we are willing to give JM a chance, JM likewise must be willing to let our players have their chances to attack and take more shots. Not to sideline them when they make mistakes and revert to defensive plays. If he thinks its fine to dismiss players and remove them from the lineup after a bad game, then its also fine for us to say we want him to be sacked after a series of poor matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.