Surface Go (SG Pre Orders August 2)

tspurs

Reaction score
Because Surface Go have a 3:2 aspect ratio screen, while iPad uses a 4:3 aspect ratio for their screen. Which means unless they increase the bezel size, the keyboard will have to be smaller.

The iPad Pro 10.5 smart keyboard cover is just 5mm wider than the Surface Go type cover. But there's a noticeable difference in the spaciousness of the keys. Here's a pic - note that the iPad Pro keyboard is closer to the camera.

WsxQDz9.jpg

pilotsnoopy

Reaction score
The iPad Pro 10.5 smart keyboard cover is just 5mm wider than the Surface Go type cover. But there's a noticeable difference in the spaciousness of the keys. Here's a pic - note that the iPad Pro keyboard is closer to the camera.

WsxQDz9.jpg

the feel of the Surface Go type cover beats the iPad Pro smart keyboard cover.

radiancez567

Reaction score
Yes, spotted at Challenger Vivo, probably in other places as well. Pretty lightweight, nice screen, feels good in the hand.

Unfortunately the keyboard, while high quality, feels too cramped for me. I find the iPad Pro 10.5's smart keyboard just spacious enough, and the Go's keyboard is narrower than that.

The keyboard felt too cramped for me as well. Though I was standing, and only tried it for like maybe a minute. If I get it then I guess I'll get used to it. :o

thesettingsun

Reaction score
anyone managed to get one from retail shops? supposed to be out today but i checked out challenger, newstead, courts all don't have stock..

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yeah would be interested as well to know the shckback rebates

mudxblood

Master Member
Reaction score
Purchase from microsoft store get 1% rebate. Buy from Lazada for new customer is 2% rebate, existing 1% rebate. Go google for shopback.

xgielersx

Reaction score
Waah. So tempted to get the Surface Go. Just tried a demo set at HN Millenia Walk.
It’s so light and compact.
Maybe I just wait for Comex 2018. :s22:

Last edited:

charizard1987

Reaction score
More reasonable to use pen with surface GO. 12inch Surface pro is too big and heavy to hold it and write note.

Am tempted to replace existing surface pro to surface GO. Then use monitor when use it as PC.:s12:

wertwert

Reaction score
just got my 8gb surface go, its pretty snappy but lags in chrome as per most reviews

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just got my 8gb surface go, its pretty snappy but lags in chrome as per most reviews

oh i have not been reading much reviews. can share them please. lagging as in slow to load the page or when chrome is active the entire Surface Go starts to go slow?

wertwert

Reaction score
go search on youtube there are a couple of video reviews, chrome starts jagging. It isn't very bad, just a touch irritating.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.