Roboadvisor: Stashaway vs Smartly Performance

blurpandasg2014

Reaction score
Hfe4Ocb.png

I chose the most aggressive option. It's the only one I noticed with S&P and lower levels of gold.

When you switch they will automatically sell off all the unused stuff like bonds and buy the new etfs.
Thanks :) realised only able to do this on desktop. Can't do it on phone

assiak71

Master Member
Reaction score
Saw this

CGS-CIMB Securities launches eWealth robo-advisory platform
https://www.theedgesingapore.com/cgs-cimb-securities-launches-ewealth-robo-advisory-platform

Among the two strategies used by the platform, goal-based investing focuses on providing portfolios that seek to achieve market returns with the initial minimum investment sum of $3,500. The other strategy is thematic investing, which combines quantitative strategies with factor-based investing in constructing baskets of stocks with the aim of achieving above-market returns.

Thematic portfolios such as “US Refining” and “S-REITs” are currently being offered by the platform. The former portfolio caters to clients looking to invest in companies likely to benefit from rising oil prices, while the latter allows clients to own ten individual listed REITs without incurring the usual minimum brokerage charges as compared to purchasing the REITs individually.

final1

Master Member
Reaction score
Saw this

https://www.theedgesingapore.com/cgs-cimb-securities-launches-ewealth-robo-advisory-platform

Among the two strategies used by the platform, goal-based investing focuses on providing portfolios that seek to achieve market returns with the initial minimum investment sum of $3,500. The other strategy is thematic investing, which combines quantitative strategies with factor-based investing in constructing baskets of stocks with the aim of achieving above-market returns.

Thematic portfolios such as “US Refining” and “S-REITs” are currently being offered by the platform. The former portfolio caters to clients looking to invest in companies likely to benefit from rising oil prices, while the latter allows clients to own ten individual listed REITs without incurring the usual minimum brokerage charges as compared to purchasing the REITs individually.

As mentioned previously, you can do almost the same thing for free if you have a Charles Schwab Singapore account. Minimum US$25,000 to open an account though. Public service advisory on this.
Fees in Singapore for investing are already ridiculously high.
Why pay more?

assiak71

Master Member
Reaction score
As mentioned previously, you can do almost the same thing for free if you have a Charles Schwab Singapore account. Minimum US$25,000 to open an account though. Public service advisory on this.
Fees in Singapore for investing are already ridiculously high.
Why pay more?

Anyone vested?
I went to Charles schwab sg website and it seemed like us market only
Those vested pls share. If no fees its definitely better than stashaway/autowealth

What about when you pass away? Any diffeence?

makav31i

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Saw this

Their fees is 0.5% to 0.8%...

https://www.wealth.cgs-cimb.com.sg/home/pricing

UOB robo is 0.5% to 0.88%...

http://www.utraderobo.com/pricing.html

makav31i

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seems like everyone is jumping on the automated algorithm band wagon.

When will posb have this 🤔

I really hope POSB don't come up with it...If they were to come up with a Robo, at least don't charge annual fees for AUM but sales charge when buying like POSB Invest Saver...

flikmy

Reaction score
I really hope POSB don't come up with it...If they were to come up with a Robo, at least don't charge annual fees for AUM but sales charge when buying like POSB Invest Saver...

Now that UOB and OCBC have come up with something, feels like it's only a matter of time for DBS/POSB to. Don't think these robo businesses can make any money (especially with the infrastructure costs) if they charge only sales charge. However, if they can charge 0.25% per annum or under, they're going to be able to undercut a lot of guys here.

makav31i

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Now that UOB and OCBC have come up with something, feels like it's only a matter of time for DBS/POSB to. Don't think these robo businesses can make any money (especially with the infrastructure costs) if they charge only sales charge. However, if they can charge 0.25% per annum or under, they're going to be able to undercut a lot of guys here.

UOB did not come out with any monthly investment plan to compete against POSB Invest Saver and OCBC BCIP...So I really hope that POSB do not come out with a robo that charges annual fees on AUM...fees on AUM will be very significant the longer you are in the program and the longer you contribute into it...

final1

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone vested?
I went to Charles schwab sg website and it seemed like us market only
Those vested pls share. If no fees its definitely better than stashaway/autowealth

What about when you pass away? Any diffeence?

I put my money where my mouth is. I am in the midst of opening with Charles Schwab SG. Both for this as well as cheaper US individual stock trades which is the cheapest amongst brokerages with a local presence.

Yes, it is no fee for a wide selection of ETFs which i already provided the link to earlier.

assiak71

Master Member
Reaction score
I put my money where my mouth is. I am in the midst of opening with Charles Schwab SG. Both for this as well as cheaper US individual stock trades which is the cheapest amongst brokerages with a local presence.

Yes, it is no fee for a wide selection of ETFs which i already provided the link to earlier.
What about when you die, what happens?

blurpandasg2014

Reaction score
Updated with latest portfolio backtesting data for Stashaway Highest Risk Portfolio. Good performance yet Defensive

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.