Malaysia prepaid card

funky05

Reaction score
He said he uses it for gps and Google.

You mention YouTube. :eek:

YouTube makan a lot of GB.

I wonder why would people even go to JB to watch YouTube? Might as well stay at home. :s13:

I use YouTube to listen to songs when I'm stuck in the causeway jam going back time

kitkat2

Reaction score
we dun need turn on data can use GOS on GoogleMap and Maps.ME ?

gps comes from the satellite signal received by the gps chip on your phone. if the gps signal is unreliable, the phone can use cell tower triangulation to estimate your position. so gps doesn't come from data.

Golfer

Reaction score
Anyone knows what type of sim cards are sold at yong peng and the cost?

Last edited:

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Both rest-stops in Yong Peng (Happy Garden and Ming Ann), last I was there, they'd Digi at cost as well as higher prices for some "nicer" numbers.

Didn't take note if they'd other telco cards, though.

maxyorkie

Reaction score
Got a KL friend to buy Digi live and when I inserted the SIM card, TAC number will be sent via sms. I didn't receive the sms. must do this when in JB? tia.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

maxyorkie

Reaction score
Thanks for the link.

My friend couldn't recall whether he has activated the card.The TAC appears when I keyed in the number in the digi app.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link.

My friend couldn't recall whether he has activated the card.The TAC appears when I keyed in the number in the digi app.

Ah, you're trying to register/log in to your Digi app! Now I get it.

Is your Digi SIM card in your phone, and if so, are you getting a line?

maxyorkie

Reaction score
Sorry, my mistake. I wasn't clear in my earlier message.

I can see Starhub signal so I guess the card is activated. The TAC number I was referring was signing to the digi app.

maxyorkie

Reaction score
Ah, you're trying to register/log in to your Digi app! Now I get it.

Is your Digi SIM card in your phone, and if so, are you getting a line?

Yes, that's correct. My apology, I was in a hurry and providing the the incorrect input. Yes, I get Starhub signal.Signing in to digi app needs the TAC number.

maxyorkie

Reaction score
Got it. I googled what is USSD code. I tried *126#, the line is not activated and need to dial 016 2211800 to activate it.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got it. I googled what is USSD code. I tried *126#, the line is not activated and need to dial 016 2211800 to activate it.

According to that Community link I gave earlier, the line can only be activated using their local network...

If you really want to do it, can try somewhere near the causeway if you're not going over yet. I've tried places like the Kopitiam in Kranji MRT Station, but can't remember which networks, though.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.