Which petrol station do you usually go to?

Linlaobu94

Reaction score
Uhmm, out of topic but I'd like to ask, for those who are driving, which petrol station do you usually go to? And why? Because I'm currently going to SPC. The price wise is cheaper. But I'm not sure about others. Hope to hear from you all :)

Caltex
Shell
Esso
SPC

Mogan23

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Shell because nearest to me.
Petronas JB because the one near kastam has a money changer

Dixon.

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SPC..
waiting for sinopec petrol station to open beside my house and see the prices....

edwinttt1978

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Uhmm, out of topic but I'd like to ask, for those who are driving, which petrol station do you usually go to? And why? Because I'm currently going to SPC. The price wise is cheaper. But I'm not sure about others. Hope to hear from you all :)

Caltex
Shell
Esso
SPC

It is usually SPC or any other petrol station that is
1) Easy to park and exit;
2) Not too crowded; and
3) Tied-up with preferred credit cards.

mrtanbg

Reaction score
During national day period when SPC has massive discount, is it an offence to bring your own container and buy the petrol to store at home ?

Sent from Google PIXEL XL using GAGT

edwinttt1978

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
During national day period when SPC has massive discount, is it an offence to bring your own container and buy the petrol to store at home ?

According to the Fire Safety (Petroleum and Flammable Materials) Regulations, “Class O petroleum" means liquefied petroleum gas; "Class I petroleum" means any petroleum having a flashpoint of less than 23° C (74° F) but does not include Class O petroleum.

According to the regulation 3 of the Fire Safety (Petroleum) Regulations,
‘Licence required for transport or storage of petroleum’
3. Except for the purposes and quantities specified in the Second Schedule, no person shall —
(a) transport or cause to be transported; or
(b) store or keep or cause to be stored or kept,
any class of petroleum without a licence issued by the Commissioner under the Act.

Second Schedule of the Fire Safety (Petroleum) Regulations further states:
STORAGE AND TRANSPORTATION OF PETROLEUM NOT REQUIRING A LICENCE
1. Storage of petroleum not exceeding the following quantities:
(b) Class I petroleum that is kept in air-tight containers —
(i) for private use in a private dwelling-house or for use in any business other than in a factory
—not more than 20 litres
3. The carrying of Class I petroleum in the fuel tank of a motor vehicle.
4. The carrying of Class I petroleum not exceeding 5 litres in a container on any motor vehicle.

https://sso.agc.gov.sg/SL-Rev/FSA1993-RG7/Published/20010131?DocDate=20010131

https://sso.agc.gov.sg/SL/FSA1993-RG7?DocDate=20180329&ViewType=Pdf&_=20180329220830

In conclusion, storage of petroleum at home does not require a license if the Class I petroleum is not more than 20 litres and is kept in air-tight containers for private use. The transport of Class I petroleum also does not require a license if it does not exceed 5 litres in a container on any motor vehicle. Accordingly, it is not an offence if these conditions are met for take-away petrol.

sacbkoh

Reaction score
You’re endangering the lives of your family, your neighbours and your own if you store petrol at home. The petrol fume may leak out of the container and if there’s a spark, possibly when you switch on the light or turn on the stove, the fume may combust and cause an explosion . Be warned.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.