Car detailing reviews? Below 200.

darenceang

Reaction score
Car old Liao.
Black some more. Marks everywhere. No take care at all. Friend even say. Wow. New Color ah.
Anyone got detailing contact and good experience?
Budget less than 200.
Think need paint correct too.
If on wheels better.

andyhtc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For best results under $100:

1. Go for simple washing and polishing at $50.

2. Buy a small bottle of alcohol, one clay bar, a small bottle of glass coating chemical and some soft cloths under $50.

3. Spend 1 day to DIY 2-3 coats.

mudxblood

Master Member
Reaction score
Up for TS. My car black color also alot of scratches. Any recommendation? Thanks

Blacktoxic

Reaction score
Please don't use alcohol for the clay bar. You will strip your wax and damage your clear coat. Use a proper detailing spray in conjunction with your clay bar.

For best results under $100:

1. Go for simple washing and polishing at $50.

2. Buy a small bottle of alcohol, one clay bar, a small bottle of glass coating chemical and some soft cloths under $50.

3. Spend 1 day to DIY 2-3 coats.

Blacktoxic

Reaction score
For $200, I can give you a list of everything you will need to properly detail your car inside and out. Since you need a colour correction, go and do a full wax strip and polish followed by correction and clay baring. Then do a proper waxing and do the rest yourself after that.

Car old Liao.
Black some more. Marks everywhere. No take care at all. Friend even say. Wow. New Color ah.
Budget less than 200.
If on wheels better.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Car old Liao.
Budget less than 200.
If on wheels better.

Best is drive to any detailer shop or get freelance type to come over to you, let them evaluate your car condition, make known your expectation and your budget beforehand.

andyhtc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Please don't use alcohol for the clay bar. You will strip your wax and damage your clear coat. Use a proper detailing spray in conjunction with your clay bar.

I should have made my information clearer that the alcohol wiping is the step after clay bar.

This degreasing step is to allow the glass chemical to bind more strongly to the paint. Many detailing shops skip this alcohol wiping step.

Blacktoxic

Reaction score
Ah for wax stripping before sealant and waxing sure. Thanks for clarifying. Makes sense now.

I should have made my information clearer that the alcohol wiping is the step after clay bar.

This degreasing step is to allow the glass chemical to bind more strongly to the paint. Many detailing shops skip this alcohol wiping step.

mrtanbg

Reaction score

This alcohol that you used. Is it those rubbing alcohol from Watson ? Alcohol hand rub type ?

Sent from Google PIXEL XL using GAGT

andyhtc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This alcohol that you used. Is it those rubbing alcohol from Watson ? Alcohol hand rub type ?

They call it isopropyl alcohol or IPA. It is sold at normal pharmacy stores as antiseptic. A small bottle is only a few dollars.

Any alcohol will dissolve grease quite well and evaporates quickly to leave a very clean surface.

I have not tried to DIY yet due to busy schedule but I have the items to start.

mrtanbg

Reaction score
They call it isopropyl alcohol or IPA. It is sold at normal pharmacy stores as antiseptic. A small bottle is only a few dollars.

Any alcohol will dissolve grease quite well and evaporates quickly to leave a very clean surface.

I have not tried to DIY yet due to busy schedule but I have the items to start.
ah ok got it. Thanks.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.