Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i put in paper&plastic bag to reduce the dmg because i scare will chichaboom

imagine sugar and yeast spreading around the place

tZO8Rh.gif

Ummm...you don't add sugar to the bottle, you boil them in pot.

As for yeast powder, it is introduced in an extra small spoon. Aqua medic PH down powder give you a very small spoon. Control the amount of yeast powder, a 1L bottle can last you one month. So don't even need a valve.

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Okay I mentioned CFL lighting before. Well, don't limit your imagination.

It is possible to make lighting cheap and easy to replace.

oLxwZin.jpg

$20 budget means you'd have spare lamp as well.
qnbuqZi.jpg

Any idea where I can go to get more info for this? Otherwise I wind up buying online Liao at about $12 bnib

The funny thing is I buy this buy that but my fish only $6 :s13:
I think my fish cost 10% of the total cost spend so far on this :s13: 90% on things like tank etc

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any idea where I can go to get more info for this? Otherwise I wind up buying online Liao at about $12 bnib

The funny thing is I buy this buy that but my fish only $6 :s13:
I think my fish cost 10% of the total cost spend so far on this :s13: 90% on things like tank etc

Just normal hardware shop can find liao.

Having extra set of lamp holder means if say main kitchen lighting out and in the middle of night, you can deploy for use first then buy the kitchen replacement lamp at your own time as well.

So it does serve dual purpose to me. Although I got Solar lightings deployed at kitchen.

CFL Lamp make sure you pay attention to each bulb specification. Like 8w represent 40w. Too strong a lighting for a tank without depth you gonna invite algae.

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If we go for pro stuffs for 2ft, $500 can easily cover a custom tank, soil, nutrients, filter, that's it. That $500 won't cover plants, fishes.

This is why this is a poisonous hobby. :s8:

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If we go for pro stuffs for 2ft, $500 can easily cover a custom tank, soil, nutrients, filter, that's it. That $500 won't cover plants, fishes.

This is why this is a poisonous hobby. :s8:

die... i got a empty 3ft tank with on a stand lying around unused...

shall call it poison tank:vijayadmin:

Archnemo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Alamak... My rummynose tetra school (20) is too fast to food than the Ruby tetra school (10).
Last week when the number is balance, they can still feed together. But once rummynose numbers doubled, the ruby tetras become very shy and keep hiding. Even when the rummynose are full, they still prefer to hide
Any ideas to improve the situation?

weng0202

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm too cheap to buy one and i'm lazy to go shop to refill it

The cost and trouble of changing the bottle every few weeks are more troublesome. One CO2 tank should last you a very long time between top ups and the CO2 is more consistent.

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Alamak... My rummynose tetra school (20) is too fast to food than the Ruby tetra school (10).
Last week when the number is balance, they can still feed together. But once rummynose numbers doubled, the ruby tetras become very shy and keep hiding. Even when the rummynose are full, they still prefer to hide

First when you feed, commotion must not be great. Expose yourself at a distance, slowly move near, you should have the feed in your hands already.

Figi the water with your fingers a bit once you near, let them come near to you. Once okay, you feed the fish. Make it habit, so they know you are feeding them.

It would do nice everytime you figi your fingers in front of your tank then they move close. I could do that even at LFS....hee, works everytime.

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The cost and trouble of changing the bottle every few weeks are more troublesome. One CO2 tank should last you a very long time between top ups and the CO2 is more consistent.

That depends 2kg or 3kg type. 5kg if you can carry and have transportation for it. Topping up is you need to know where is your nearest point for top up. Everyone differs.

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
DOuble ruby tetra

Last edited:

vickyboi

Reaction score
hey bros

anyone know of any FB page or community which helps to rehome fishes that people want to release?

and also anyone familiar with secret spots in Singapore to do wild freshwater fishing? I want to bring my girl along to experience such things. don't want her glued to electronics. and she's also quite interested in the hobby at such a young age.

4pxCSO

Master Member
Reaction score
hey bros

anyone know of any FB page or community which helps to rehome fishes that people want to release?

and also anyone familiar with secret spots in Singapore to do wild freshwater fishing? I want to bring my girl along to experience such things. don't want her glued to electronics. and she's also quite interested in the hobby at such a young age.

I only can remember qian hu to fish the long kang fish.... Brought moi boi go there last time

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hey bros

For rehome can just go those fb group and post u want give away if ppl interested will contact u.
For fishes normally at those seaside, can just Google

Bak_Chor_Mee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi besides java moss, any other carpet kind of plants that are commonly found in LFS.

Also do you cover the whole bottom with carpet plants or just plant a few here and there and let it grow overtime to cover up the whole area.

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hey bros

Fish will die. Most of these places people release luohan fish. So they end up as fish food instead. Even hunters like angel fish, so don't be surprise.

Only if someone adopts them. For that you go forum easier.

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Pay attention to tank balance. A tank that is not balanced, stress on one side. Prolong period of time, weight will stress out the joints, some tank leak in such a way.

Notice the setup of tank sequence is a Western methodology. I started off my 3ft in this manner as well, except I do not add any heater because foreign countries have 4 seasons. Now fertiliser base is added first before the gravel sand or whatever soil base you choose.

Again, the setup differs to that of say Japan. I will get one vid that is Japanese setup later on. Likewise, Taiwan tanks are setup similarly except that the soil used are different.

Dennerle is a very popular brand in Western countries, both soil and aquatic fertilizer. Usually they come in 5kg and 10kg pack.

Last edited:

rhexis07

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Managed to move house successfully with my small fish tank. Phew. All shrimps survived the past 3 days. So far so good. One shrimp have eggs again. Can't wait for the babies to come out again.

Planning to expand my fish tank. and try to set up more serious scape.. But scared no time to properly maintain...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.