Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

JuniorLion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro, I'm not asking. I'm to confirm is counter 7 month most optimum to withdraw so as to have the least impact on bonus interest change.

And there's one more question that you didn't see. Or you just read half and assume and straight away reply?

Counter 0 and Counter 7 are the optimum, if your question is "least impact on bonus interest change".

PC-User

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I tried to add payee for an OCBC account. I put bank BIC code as OCBCSGSG is that correct? If I use search, the system would automatically return 'OCBCSGSGXXX'. Or I need to put in number replacing the XXX?

Then it kept saying the account number I gave is incorrect. Should I put BBB-XXXXXX-XXX, or BBBXXXXXXXXX?

Edit: Or maybe to put OCBCSGSGBBB then account number as XXXXXX-XXX?

Damn, POSB and OCBC are so much easier to do online transaction.

Last edited:

JuniorLion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I tried to add payee for an OCBC account. I put bank BIC code as OCBCSGSG is that correct? If I use search, the system would automatically return 'OCBCSGSGXXX'. Or I need to put in number replacing the XXX?

Then it kept saying the account number I gave is incorrect. Should I put XXX-XXXXXX-XXX, or XXXXXXXXXXXX?

Doubt anything we say here will assuage your concerns about this. Tell you what, Citibank has a 24hours Phone-banking at 1800-225-5225. Please call them, the CSO will be able to serve you.

PC-User

Master Member
Reaction score
Doubt anything we say here will assuage your concerns about this. Tell you what, Citibank has a 24hours Phone-banking at 1800-225-5225. Please call them, the CSO will be able to serve you.
I thought asking here is faster than waiting on the hotline mah. So nobody has ever tried to do similar transaction before??

More technical question, cannot answer. Same old easy questions, disdain to answer. So forum is for what? Report Sibor, report interest?

tmkedmw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@pcuser,
You are using wrong code.
Ocbcsgsgxxx is bank code for SWIFT fund transfer.

PC-User

Master Member
Reaction score
@pcuser,
You are using wrong code.
Ocbcsgsgxxx is bank code for SWIFT fund transfer.
Ocbc bank code is 7339
Input your account number without hyphen
Done! Hohoho... can get free phone liao.

Thank you both for the useful answer.

P/S: I did try the hotline. After numerous press 1 press 2 input this number that number finally reached a pinoy whose voice was so soft and difficult to catch. All I wanted was just 2 simple answers as above.

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What is the interest rate for August?

I think Sibor was taken as 1.5113%.

Correct!!!!

Actually, this isn't correct. It's a good approximation if you keep the same amount in your account for the whole month, but the reality is, the base interest rate (80% of sibor) is paid on your daily balance instead, and the interest rate fluctuates daily.

The exact daily SIBOR rate that is used is documented in the T&C.

xXxJavierxXx

Reaction score
Can i do a initial deposit 70k to open the maxigain account and withdraw out 55k on the same day (keep 15k in the account) and wait for 12 months to hit 2.4% before pumping in funds?

kashanai

Reaction score
New to this MaxiGain thing, would this be better as compared to dbs multiplier or Maybank ?

Am thinking of another supplementary account for UOB ONE + BOC

Heard BOC might not be allowing waiver of credit card so might want to change the BOC SmartSaver to something else. BOC SmartSaver currrntly between 1.5%-2.3% depends if my credit can hit $800/$1500

Rainbow1112

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can i do a initial deposit 70k to open the maxigain account and withdraw out 55k on the same day (keep 15k in the account) and wait for 12 months to hit 2.4% before pumping in funds?

Dunnid 70k. I deposited with 15k and they also give priority status.

vince123123

Reaction score
Asking here is faster than waiting on hotline? Really? You will get the answer more quickly on the hotline than waiting here.

Or is it you just want to spend 30 seconds shoot one question, then go off, hoping someone is going to answer you?

I thought asking here is faster than waiting on the hotline mah. So nobody has ever tried to do similar transaction before??

More technical question, cannot answer. Same old easy questions, disdain to answer. So forum is for what? Report Sibor, report interest?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.