[OFFICIAL] Fish keeping lover lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Here is a good scape on 1ft.

maxresdefault.jpg

Rocks and aquatic plant in unison. Your driftwood looks a bit too big at the moment.

t2r3st

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I'm a complete newbie to this.

I just got a moss ball and don't know where or how to start.

40761949_10157771091229972_2050055093734080512_o.jpg

So, anyway, I just into my late dad's pond with a pair of surviving angelfish. Hope this moss will grow well.

41169101_10157771164019972_5444817065766551552_o.jpg

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Up to you. De-ttachable if you loosen the clip on top. The plastic clip although looks very hardy, 2-3 years, it will break because of constant exposure to the aquarium water.

If dettach, you can cable tie it to some stand of your own liking. It is pretty DIY-able if you ask me. This is call the Pasat Malam lighting. Often you see RamLee burger stalls, they use them.

maybe go hardware store see got what 1st

https://shopee.sg/Led-Plant-Grow-Li...lder-Clip-Plants-Indoor-i.33213512.1396560008

maybe sth like this will be good?

also if buy those aquarium light from fish shop need to replace the light regularly?? :s11:

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I'm a complete newbie to this.

I just got a moss ball and don't know where or how to start.

40761949_10157771091229972_2050055093734080512_o.jpg

So, anyway, I just into my late dad's pond with a pair of surviving angelfish. Hope this moss will grow well.

41169101_10157771164019972_5444817065766551552_o.jpg

just squeeze in water a few times and throw away the dirty water.
this moss basically indestructible one. but 1 yr grow 5mm only. can live for 100yrs

t2r3st

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just squeeze in water a few times and throw away the dirty water.
this moss basically indestructible one. but 1 yr grow 5mm only. can live for 100yrs
I washed it earlier before I put into the tank. It was floating, so I squeeze it, so that it would sink to the bottom, it did.

What should I be doing next? How often do I have to clean the moss ball or something like that?

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is ok if the wood is centerpiece

There are techniques such as 1/3 left as center piece, what constitute main view what constitute auxiliary view, etc.

In short, there should be a main attraction in the tank. People scratch out on paper. I do that previously as well, before physically putting the stuffs in front of the tank on newspaper, twisting and turning each drift, each rock to get the best mix before I even pouring the soil into an empty tank. It is the same practise as per the Jap vid I posted a few days ago.

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Critising the tank isn't really the most frustrating part of setting up a tank.

First, you need a picture. A picture of what you want to create. It isn't really creation at will. You really need to picture yourself. E.g. driftwood, sit up? lie down? A bit left? A bit right? Touch glass or not? Want to tie what?

Moss Types:
Monosolenium tenerum
Taxiphyllum barbieri

A word on tying plants to driftwood is call secure. Unsecure tie means the plants might float up, so your effort wasted. : > Run out of ideas? Go to google image.

Last edited:

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I washed it earlier before I put into the tank. It was floating, so I squeeze it, so that it would sink to the bottom, it did.

What should I be doing next? How often do I have to clean the moss ball or something like that?

every time u change water just squeeze squeeze in the old tank water can already.

Bak_Chor_Mee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The tank does not seem very qualifying as planted tank due to the black patch there, I can tell you that.

: > How about getting another tank?

Dun think will change to another tank ba.. sibei sayang. The black patch there is actually there internal filtration system.. anyway im a newbie so bound to make mistakes here and there. pardon me pls :)

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dun think will change to another tank ba.. sibei sayang. The black patch there is actually there internal filtration system.. anyway im a newbie so bound to make mistakes here and there. pardon me pls :)

It is not sayang if you transform this into a nursing tank. Nursing tank can be an aquatic plant solely tank. Purpose is to grow plants. E.g. you can cultivate your own hornwort supply or moss supply or even duckweeds, etc.

I list a few here, you take a look.

aquatic-plants-for-freshwater-aquariums-aquarium-plant-pack-ultimate-bulbs-sale-how-to-grow.jpg

lg_Easy_Pack.jpg

AdizeroF50

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Larger sized tetras are fine. Small ones will become fish food, esp when your Angelfish gets to adult size.

Bottom feeders like corys are fine too. The angels won't disturb. In any case, they are too wide for the angels to swallow.

I'm keeping a shoal of congo tetras with my altum angels. I think large sized rummynose tetras and cardinal tetras would be fine too.

Smaller fish like endlers, and dwarf rasboras will be makan-ed.

Platies leh?

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yeap...I know the filter is located there. ;) Front view looks odd.

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is not sayang if you transform this into a nursing tank. Nursing tank can be an aquatic plant solely tank. Purpose is to grow plants. E.g. you can cultivate your own hornwort supply or moss supply or even duckweeds, etc.

I list a few here, you take a look.

aquatic-plants-for-freshwater-aquariums-aquarium-plant-pack-ultimate-bulbs-sale-how-to-grow.jpg

lg_Easy_Pack.jpg

the tank so expensive u want him use as nursing tank...:s13:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.