SIT accountancy vs SUSS accountancy.

tf2noobz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why is one 3 years and the other 4 years? Do you need a relevant background to apply for SIT?

Sent from Bedok Reservoir using GAGT

Papermate

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why is one 3 years and the other 4 years? Do you need a relevant background to apply for SIT?

Why some people do their GCE O level in Sec 4, and others do it while in Sec 5?

The university which allows students to do it in 4 years is meant to allow late developers more time? :D

tf2noobz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

The university which allows students to do it in 4 years is meant to allow late developers more time? :D
Pls dont spout rubbish. This isnt edmw.
As far as i know, smu/nus are also 4 years. Ntu is 3 yrs. Why is there even a variation?

Last edited:

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cause MOE do not wish for everyone to get a higher education and create a 'over supply of graduate but under demand for job' situation which is the reason why MOE set different stream.

tf2noobz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No one know the answer and only the course designer will know the real reason.

Don't needs.
I mean, assuming the difficulty of the course is similar, one can only assume SIT must pack more modules into one right?

juventusfc27

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I mean, assuming the difficulty of the course is similar, one can only assume SIT must pack more modules into one right?

if money and difficulty level of degree is not a problem for u, i say go for SIT.

SIT FT BACC cost 28k for 3 years

SUSS FT BACC cost 34k for 4 years

SUSS PT BACC cost 21k for 4 years n above

the thing is SUSS just become a local n autonomous uni in year 2018. they are alr making things more difficult to maintain its local uni reputation.

in the process of doing so, i feel that students are being treated like guinea pigs now until the transition period is over, which i think will take 5 or more years from now to complete.

SIT long ago alr a local uni like 10 years back...

both uni degrees are recognised by the Singapore Accountancy Commission (SAC).

might as well u take the shorter one, go out n work n fast fast recover your uni school fees...

Last edited:

juventusfc27

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u tell ppl SUSS, they also may not know what is that. unless u say the old name "uniSIM" lol...

AngelBurst

Reaction score
Ultimate destination is still the same. After you become Chartered Accountant, it won't matter anymore.

tf2noobz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if money and difficulty level of degree is not a problem for u, i say go for SIT.

the thing is SUSS just become a local n autonomous uni in year 2018. they are alr making things more difficult to maintain its local uni reputation.

in the process of doing so, i feel that students are being treated like guinea pigs now until the transition period is over, which i think will take 5 or more years from now to complete.

might as well u take the shorter one, go out n work n fast fast recover your uni school fees...

Is SIT accountancy same difficulty as SUSS? I also have the same thoughts as you. But i heard SIT is difficult to get in if you dont have previous relevant back ground so i will apply for both and see which one takes me

tf2noobz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ultimate destination is still the same. After you become Chartered Accountant, it won't matter anymore.

I know. I think its down to difficulty of degree for me. If 3 yrs means more difficult, then i will take suss.

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
I concur with this

I heard negative reviews from the SUSS FT students as well

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.