Guide to SPF Enlistment

Power Is Scarce

Reaction score
vending machine also can use since day 1...u think they check cctv 24/7 meh :s13:
just look around see got FI or not nia xD

Haha vending machine nothing much one. Our CM every morning and afternoon law lesson always give us vending machine break, buy drinks and snacks into classroom then we slowly eat and drink while CM teach until lesson end. Hahaha. Only this break then can use phone in front of CM.

Acre45

Reaction score
Haha yeah. I heard there might be even better changes cos the recent August 173 can't handle the confinement period.

The time limit for eating at the mess hall might have additional minutes given, since it was hinted someone Kena choke.

Then when you're at bunk, there's consideration for trainees to lie down and rest on their beds as reason to recuperate from Phy. Training. But for our intake we did that ever since confinement til now and dint get scolded, maybe the 173 got tekan but lucky we didn't.

CO also said from the very start, washing machine can already be use. So by right you're allowed, but by left, Coy Com let you use as a privilege instead.

Now I'm left with only 1 more month to Pop and the only Bunk Inspection apart from Friday bookout was only once and that was during confinement. The rest was one time Kena bunk raid and one more is uniform inspection during first or second week after confinement.

It's to the point that you don't have to worry about your bunk until it's Friday bookout but still must play safe in case really got bunk inspection haha.

And even then, if you try to compromise with your CMs, you get to stay in classroom and enjoy air-con until bunk inspection over. By then you just need to go back bunk change to Bookout uniform and go home liao. Haha. So many squad doing that, make the Coy Com focus on the remaining squads in the coy.

Also not sure why but at first, ice cream was very rare but suddenly every Thursday now have ice cream liao. Sometimes Tuesday might have also.

Also training has to be more lenient now. Got one time a PTI got removed and just recently an FI got dismissed too. I still remember PT session so slack until they give us run one round within 3 min at the track.

It's to the point our Coy Com call us Strawberry Generation. Every thing also must complain then they bobian have to change.

Bro where did you get the news of a FI got dismissed

indigo22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha yeah. I heard there might be even better changes cos the recent August 173 can't handle the confinement period.

The time limit for eating at the mess hall might have additional minutes given, since it was hinted someone Kena choke.

Then when you're at bunk, there's consideration for trainees to lie down and rest on their beds as reason to recuperate from Phy. Training. But for our intake we did that ever since confinement til now and dint get scolded, maybe the 173 got tekan but lucky we didn't.

CO also said from the very start, washing machine can already be use. So by right you're allowed, but by left, Coy Com let you use as a privilege instead.

Now I'm left with only 1 more month to Pop and the only Bunk Inspection apart from Friday bookout was only once and that was during confinement. The rest was one time Kena bunk raid and one more is uniform inspection during first or second week after confinement.

It's to the point that you don't have to worry about your bunk until it's Friday bookout but still must play safe in case really got bunk inspection haha.

And even then, if you try to compromise with your CMs, you get to stay in classroom and enjoy air-con until bunk inspection over. By then you just need to go back bunk change to Bookout uniform and go home liao. Haha. So many squad doing that, make the Coy Com focus on the remaining squads in the coy.

Also not sure why but at first, ice cream was very rare but suddenly every Thursday now have ice cream liao. Sometimes Tuesday might have also.

Also training has to be more lenient now. Got one time a PTI got removed and just recently an FI got dismissed too. I still remember PT session so slack until they give us run one round within 3 min at the track.

It's to the point our Coy Com call us Strawberry Generation. Every thing also must complain then they bobian have to change.

wuttttttttttt now so good life,....
so much has changed....haiz...

- PCG / 141th Intake

moneyboy6321

Reaction score
what is T-pass?

And why only home team cant bring in a camera phone? The army can, all my friends posting bunk photo onto their Instagram.

Parmesean

Reaction score
what is T-pass

Does HTA not issue T-passes anymore? Or have you not enlisted? Basically a temporary pass used for the duration of your basic training. Your FIs might call it a trainee pass...

And why only home team cant bring in a camera phone? The army can, all my friends posting bunk photo onto their Instagram.

Basically it comes down to the different Ministries, Army is under Mindef, while SPF is under Ministry of Home Affairs. You really can't compare the two. A lot of stuff in HTA is classified information, and if you were to take a photo, you could be unknowingly taking a photo of something classified. The risk factor isn't worth it to TRACOM. Also, isn't the bunk off limits? Like you aren't supposed to take photo inside the bunk?

hardwarezonenoob

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I was previously posted to SPF but I deferred for studies. does anyone know how likely it is that I will still be posted to SPF? I also just received a letter for commando vocational assessment...

moneyboy6321

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I was previously posted to SPF but I deferred for studies. does anyone know how likely it is that I will still be posted to SPF? I also just received a letter for commando vocational assessment...
Hard to say. As you had received commando assessment after your deferred (which i don't), u will most likely be ended up in Singapore army force instead of SPF.

For myself, I received an enlistment letter to enlist in SPF during my ITE study. After deferred and completed my study in poly, I still receive the same outcome to be enlisted into SPF

moneyboy6321

Reaction score
Does HTA not issue T-passes anymore? Or have you not enlisted? Basically a temporary pass used for the duration of your basic training. Your FIs might call it a trainee pass...

Basically it comes down to the different Ministries, Army is under Mindef, while SPF is under Ministry of Home Affairs. You really can't compare the two. A lot of stuff in HTA is classified information, and if you were to take a photo, you could be unknowingly taking a photo of something classified. The risk factor isn't worth it to TRACOM. Also, isn't the bunk off limits? Like you aren't supposed to take photo inside the bunk?
I don't know, as all my friends are posting it on Instagram. haha

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From the day I was a pre-enlistee to a MR personnel with SAF, my friends and I (SAF/SPF/SCDF) still do not know how NSF deployment work.

So end day, don't needs to think so much cause there is no way you can plan for which forces you want to go apart from signing on.

For example, there are always people who do not want to be commando
and fail their commando assessment (CA) or express not interested during CA but still end up in commando.

Hard to say. As you had received commando assessment after your deferred (which i don't), u will most likely be ended up in Singapore army force instead of SPF.

For myself, I received an enlistment letter to enlist in SPF during my ITE study. After deferred and completed my study in poly, I still receive the same outcome to be enlisted into SPF

Parmesean

Reaction score

Like the others have already mentioned, it is hard to say, I've known people to have deferred for studies twice, and all 3 enlistment letters have been to SPF, and others who were initially posted to SPF, but then went to Army.

Starbarks!

Reaction score
Like the others have already mentioned, it is hard to say, I've known people to have deferred for studies twice, and all 3 enlistment letters have been to SPF, and others who were initially posted to SPF, but then went to Army.

But for my younger bro's case he got approval of disruption to repeat his A level during his basic trg phase last yr & was reminded to inform them (PNSD) as soon as he completes his study so that he can continue to serve NS with SPF.

Maybe disruption & deferment are 2 diff stories..

Last edited:

Parmesean

Reaction score
But for my younger bro's case he got approval of disruption to repeat his A level during his basic trg phase last yr & was reminded to inform them (PNSD) as soon as he completes his study so that he can continue to serve NS with SPF.

Maybe disruption & deferment are 2 diff stories..

They are completely different. Disruption means you have already enlisted, and are putting your NS on hold till you complete your studies. Most of the time this is for medical students, those that applied for medicine at either NUS or NTU, and are waring for acceptance. But in the mean time, if they receive their enlistment letter, they have to enlist first.

Another time you can disrupt is for Uni Studies towards the end of your service. Say you are starting Uni in August, but you ORD in Oct. If you have served anytime between 20-24 months, you may disrupt for Uni studies. (Just that you will have to serve back the remainder during your holiday break from Uni, some people do this as it is better than waiting another year for the next Uni batch)

Deferment on the other hand, means you have yet to enlist, received your enlistment letter or not. You may be deferring you complete further studies. (up to tertiary education) This is mostly for people who are coming out from 'O' levels, and are asked to defer their NS till they complete their JC/Poly course; or for Nitec students, who wish to progress on to higher Nitec, then to Poly.

Starbarks!

Reaction score
They are completely different. Disruption means you have already enlisted, and are putting your NS on hold till you complete your studies. Most of the time this is for medical students, those that applied for medicine at either NUS or NTU, and are waring for acceptance. But in the mean time, if they receive their enlistment letter, they have to enlist first.

Another time you can disrupt is for Uni Studies towards the end of your service. Say you are starting Uni in August, but you ORD in Oct. If you have served anytime between 20-24 months, you may disrupt for Uni studies. (Just that you will have to serve back the remainder during your holiday break from Uni, some people do this as it is better than waiting another year for the next Uni batch)

Deferment on the other hand, means you have yet to enlist, received your enlistment letter or not. You may be deferring you complete further studies. (up to tertiary education) This is mostly for people who are coming out from 'O' levels, and are asked to defer their NS till they complete their JC/Poly course; or for Nitec students, who wish to progress on to higher Nitec, then to Poly.

Wah very detailed explanation tks a lot bro! 👍

abc123d

Reaction score
Any skills I should learn now or anything I should try to get used to now at home? 1 month away from my enlistment on 9 October... But I'm quite a pampered/spoilt child so I almost never do any housework, so quite scared and think I will struggle at HTA...

Anything I should try to learn/get used to now? Any advice? Eg. Shower with cold water/hand washing clothes

Acre45

Reaction score
I wonder what public transport services should i take from Tampines to home team

You can try taking 39 to Yishun MRT and taking to CCK from there. Or try taking the green line to Jurong East and switching to the red line. Personally for booking in rather you use MRT since bus travel timing varies since congestion is always a factor. Im from Pasir Ris so i know your pain :/

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.