Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

vince123123

Reaction score
Forum is for discussion, not for Q&A

I thought asking here is faster than waiting on the hotline mah. So nobody has ever tried to do similar transaction before??

More technical question, cannot answer. Same old easy questions, disdain to answer. So forum is for what? Report Sibor, report interest?

artemov

Reaction score
I thought asking here is faster than waiting on the hotline mah. So nobody has ever tried to do similar transaction before??

More technical question, cannot answer. Same old easy questions, disdain to answer. So forum is for what? Report Sibor, report interest?

You are free to ask any question here. That's how we interact and learn from each other. No single person own this thread and dictate what can and cannot be posted. But whether anyone wants to answer any question is up to them. Many questions might have been asked before, yes, but some threads run up to hundreds of pages. A search might help, most of the time.

PC-User

Master Member
Reaction score
Asking here is faster than waiting on hotline? Really? You will get the answer more quickly on the hotline than waiting here.

Or is it you just want to spend 30 seconds shoot one question, then go off, hoping someone is going to answer you?

Ok, maybe I shouldn't say faster, it's easier. Like that you feel better? You moderater or what?

Hotline are not all user friendly. Some are designed badly where you just can't find a section that suits your need. You simply pick one closest option but lead to a dead end. You so fed up then have to hang up and call in again. Sometimes can get very frustrated. I always avoid hotline unless no choice.

Even worse is, when finally reach a human, most of these hotline/help desk people tend to speak softly one. I many times ended up repeatedly saying 'sorry, excuse me, can speak louder, sorry what?...' while pressing the phone hard to my ears. I also paiseh. After call ears also pain. Many unpleasant experience.

Last edited:

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows how long it takes Citi referral to pay out?

I referred a friend for Citigold back in March, and they called me back around June to confirm the referral was good - but also said the payout ($300) will take a while, and I can expect to see it in my a/c around Oct-Dec... :eek:

It's free money, so I'm not too concerned - but just wondering if it really did take that long (~6-9 mths) for everyone else?

finalforce

Reaction score

I referred a friend for Citigold back in March, and they called me back around June to confirm the referral was good - but also said the payout ($300) will take a while, and I can expect to see it in my a/c around Oct-Dec... :eek:

It's free money, so I'm not too concerned - but just wondering if it really did take that long (~6-9 mths) for everyone else?
Mine signed in April, got it in August

Sent from Asus ASUS_X00QD using GAGT

LexusIS

Reaction score

Around 4-5 mths. Signed in End nov around mar/Apr got it

demoforce1

Master Member
Reaction score
Ok, maybe I shouldn't say faster, it's easier. Like that you feel better? You moderater or what?

Hotline are not all user friendly. Some are designed badly where you just can't find a section that suits your need. You simply pick one closest option but lead to a dead end. You so fed up then have to hang up and call in again. Sometimes can get very frustrated. I always avoid hotline unless no choice.

Even worse is, when finally reach a human, most of these hotline/help desk people tend to speak softly one. I many times ended up repeatedly saying 'sorry, excuse me, can speak louder, sorry what?...' while pressing the phone hard to my ears. I also paiseh. After call ears also pain. Many unpleasant experience.

this is make sense!

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

ask question in forum also can tio shoot, cham... :s13:

mikezuper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ask nicely, dont expect answer.

Answer nicely, dont expect appreciation.

All living things in harmony :)

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

Don't take just the 1-2 replies to judge fellow maxigainers, there are also helpful people here

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

In short, you are just being unreasonable and waiting to be spoon fed. :D

vince123123

Reaction score
If you had used the word easier right from the start, I won't bother to have commented.

Ginnylim07

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi just want to ask I have opened an account in Jan this year.

When is good to put more money so that I can generate more interest?

And I cannot remember if this maxigain saving will restart its interest one year later?

PC-User

Master Member
Reaction score

And I cannot remember if this maxigain saving will restart its interest one year later?
Oh no, good luck! 😓

Buzy_bee

Reaction score

Your second question, no, it will not restart interest after one year.

artemov

Reaction score

How much do you have in the account so far?
Assuming your counter was never reset, it should be 8 or 9 now?
You can add up to max of 150k to earn your interest ... sibor is quite high now, so I think it's quite worth it to add now.
Assuming you dun ever let the current month's min be lower than the previous month's min, it will reach a max counter of 12 and remain at 12 forever!

Ginnylim07

Master Member
Reaction score
How much do you have in the account so far?
Assuming your counter was never reset, it should be 8 or 9 now?
You can add up to max of 150k to earn your interest ... sibor is quite high now, so I think it's quite worth it to add now.
Assuming you dun ever let the current month's min be lower than the previous month's min, it will reach a max counter of 12 and remain at 12 forever!
Yes I think should be counter 8 or 9.

I didn't withdraw anything out. I can just transfer money to the account via Fast transfer right?

PC-User

Master Member
Reaction score
This question outsiders can't relly answer you. It depends on how much your money is earning elsewhere. If it's idling or you already exceeded the interest cap in other saving account(s), then you actually can dump your (excess) money in Maxigain anytime...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.