The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

thegardens3b

Master Member
Reaction score
Alright, It seems like the fitting height of the lenses(progressive) could be slightly marked higher, thus when you look straight, you are looking through the inbetween of distance and intermediate vision e.g. your power at the top is -5.00 but you are looking through a -4.50-->-4.75 kind of degree thus it is not as sharp.
Coupled with the fact that you tilt your head slightly when you see far, you are inducing more (near power) towards your distance vision thus your effective distance power is lowered further.

3 alternatives you can consider.
1) request from your shop to adjust the nosepad(hopefully the frame you chose has nosepads to work around with) to allow the frame to sit lower and further out thus you can automatically see through the higher portion of the lens, though it might cause your reading/intermediate to be slightly affected.

2)Remake the lens and get the fitting height measured again but this time, note to your optician/optometrist that you tend to chin up slightly when viewing distance.

***3)Just thought of it, Try asking your Optician/Optometrist to adjust the pantoscopic tilt of the frame Might work better without going through too much trouble!

should get admin to sticky this.... common problems that people face...
most probably due to the practitioner not asking more detailed questions...

if GANGSTER KIA serve you sure no problem :D

Amaninus2

Reaction score
Thanks for the detailed sharing. Very much appreciated. Will visit the optician again to get it corrected. :)

Alright, It seems like the fitting height of the lenses(progressive) could be slightly marked higher, thus when you look straight, you are looking through the inbetween of distance and intermediate vision e.g. your power at the top is -5.00 but you are looking through a -4.50-->-4.75 kind of degree thus it is not as sharp.
Coupled with the fact that you tilt your head slightly when you see far, you are inducing more (near power) towards your distance vision thus your effective distance power is lowered further.

3 alternatives you can consider.
1) request from your shop to adjust the nosepad(hopefully the frame you chose has nosepads to work around with) to allow the frame to sit lower and further out thus you can automatically see through the higher portion of the lens, though it might cause your reading/intermediate to be slightly affected.

2)Remake the lens and get the fitting height measured again but this time, note to your optician/optometrist that you tend to chin up slightly when viewing distance.

***3)Just thought of it, Try asking your Optician/Optometrist to adjust the pantoscopic tilt of the frame Might work better without going through too much trouble! But if it feels unnatural to you, just request for a remake since if you made it recently. Just rmb to note those points

blzy333

Reaction score
Ooo I never knew he had a shop. Have seen him patiently replying to our many queries here including mine recently and when I asked for shop recommendations, he didn't direct me to his shop but others.

Knowing this now, I'd definitely be in touch with you shortly gangsterkia. Thanks again for the earlier advise and your contributions to this thread!

Seems like gansterkia has successfully solicited quite a number of potential customers from hwz here!

thegardens3b

Master Member
Reaction score
Seems like gansterkia has successfully solicited quite a number of potential customers from hwz here!

Not a very nice word to use.....
We are here to help raise awareness and help users with issues with their vision aids.
If they are comfortable with coming to us for our services to ensure they get better care, i think it is fine. We don't do it unethically/nor push our services.

Furthermore, like other users can see, we don't promote the workplace we are at unless people request via PM.

Everyone has a freedom of choice :)

Singaporean80

Banned
Reaction score
hi gansterkia and gardens3b , is lindberg series fixed price cox i went to bugis junction they said can give 20% off while W optics said lindberg is fixed price .:o:s11:

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
hi gansterkia and gardens3b , is lindberg series fixed price cox i went to bugis junction they said can give 20% off while W optics said lindberg is fixed price .:o:s11:

I believe some places might sells Lindberg at a higher price e.g. 1000 so they can afford to give 20% off become 800. Whereas others might sell at 800 or even 7+++ thus no discount given.

thegardens3b

Master Member
Reaction score

yup. like u go ntuc/sheng shiong like that..
they might sell the same product but different price.
but spectacles wise more personalised... choose a place where they make you feel comfortable to part your money to... :s13:

YongHH78

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone have recent experience with The Lensmen at Parkway Parade? I used to go there to make all my glasses since JC but haven't been back in about 3 years. I guess it's time to go for an eye check. Thank you!

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
They are really good, friendly and trustworthy. Especially the slightly older lady haha..
***or you can look for the younger blondie. Bubbly yet skillful at the same time.

Hi, does anyone have recent experience with The Lensmen at Parkway Parade? I used to go there to make all my glasses since JC but haven't been back in about 3 years. I guess it's time to go for an eye check. Thank you!

Last edited:

YongHH78

Reaction score
They are really good, friendly and trustworthy. Especially the slightly older lady haha..
***or you can look for the younger blondie. Bubbly yet skillful at the same time.

Gangsterkia, thank you for the feedback. I’ll look for one of them.

thegardens3b

Master Member
Reaction score

***or you can look for the younger blondie. Bubbly yet skillful at the same time. :s13::s13::s13:

wishxtreme

Reaction score
which brand has big frame for big head like me? At least 148 and above size

Can the lindberg spirit series able to get a big head? Anyone know the price of this frame?

Last edited:

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Starch, undostrial, ICberlin, Sky, eyecloud, japonism, DUN, Zeiss frames and more.. depends on what material you prefer, plastic/metal, with/without nose pads...

which brand has big frame for big head like me? At least 56 -60 size

wishxtreme

Reaction score
Starch, undostrial, ICberlin, Sky, eyecloud, japonism, DUN, Zeiss frames and more.. depends on what material you prefer, plastic/metal, with/without nose pads...

I do not have a sharp features or a high nose bridge thus would like something to fit and yet big enough for my temple. i preferred rimless or plastic. With or without nose pad is fine

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.