Lastest S$ Deposit updates - Part 3

Alwaysb

Reaction score
Hi, i just opened maybank isavy 1.55% in august. But the insterest i received is not correct. The interest credited month end is it for the entire 1.55%?

lzydata

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, i just opened maybank isavy 1.55% in august. But the insterest i received is not correct. The interest credited month end is it for the entire 1.55%?

You have fresh funds of $200k and above to get 1.55% pa? :D

Anyway, Maybank credits the base interest on the last day of the month and the bonus interest a few days into the following month. So your August bonus interest should be coming in soon.

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
CIMB quite efficient, all their CSOs are friendly and helpful, they manage to amend my deposit interest to 1.84% by 7pm and interest for the FD supposely starts from today...

but i still dunno why the maturity is 4th Sep instead of 3rd Sep 2019...

yongsaver

Reaction score
You have fresh funds of $200k and above to get 1.55% pa? :D

Anyway, Maybank credits the base interest on the last day of the month and the bonus interest a few days into the following month. So your August bonus interest should be coming in soon.

I think i also missed this the bonus interest for SCB esaver. usually together with the interest at the start of the month. until now dont have. i think i may have missed the cycle. :s22:

Squaredot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

What you have received is the base interest. The bonus iterest is usually credited on the 5th.

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think i also missed this the bonus interest for SCB esaver. usually together with the interest at the start of the month. until now dont have. i think i may have missed the cycle. :s22:

I dun have so much (200k) to pump into maybank so I moved back to eSaver (1.5%) slightly above maybank's 1.43% :p

yongsaver

Reaction score
fed up with the slow rising savings interest rate...applied for DBS perpetual bond yesterday. Was informed this morning kanna 1 lot...:s12:

paying 3.98% coupon rate. IRR around 3.93%. definitely higher than FD rates averaging 1.8% nia. Those who have more than 250K rotting in FDs should consider going into bonds. But make sure its investment grade hor....else another Hyflux or Swiber story. :s22:

K202020K

Master Member
Reaction score
fed up with the slow rising savings interest rate...applied for DBS perpetual bond yesterday. Was informed this morning kanna 1 lot...:s12:

paying 3.98% coupon rate. IRR around 3.93%. definitely higher than FD rates averaging 1.8% nia. Those who have more than 250K rotting in FDs should consider going into bonds. But make sure its investment grade hor....else another Hyflux or Swiber story. :s22:
Buy fixed income funds better lah .... don't put all the eggs in one basket yo.

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Satki. Min was $250k?

Squaredot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

aiyo bro, why boh jio :D
apply 250k and got 1lot?

yongsaver

Reaction score
aiyo bro, why boh jio :D
apply 250k and got 1lot?

yep. kanna 1 lot. got to fill in form also when pass check to bond desk people...:s13:

understand price went up liao.

how to jio bro...if jio,...people might say i hao lian or what.

actually forced by circumstance,..bank rates still low tho rising. also DBS maciam gold standard for banks here...so buy 1 lot. also tikam tikam not sure can get as understand offer was super hot.

yongsaver

Reaction score
Buy fixed income funds better lah .... don't put all the eggs in one basket yo.

can share which fixed income fund giving good returns?...would be interested also. i think most are trading sideways and some under water?..also got expense ratio.

nikko am igf bonds now trading below par. also every year expense 0.3%..end up less than 3% nia..

good to diversify but sometimes if opportunity comes, just whack!..:D

Squaredot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yep. kanna 1 lot. got to fill in form also when pass check to bond desk people...:s13:

understand price went up liao.

how to jio bro...if jio,...people might say i hao lian or what.

nay, just share good lobangs here before closing date lah
If people want to say u hao lian, now they also can say u :s13:

Btw where is the bond desk u submitted your application?

bank interest rates for depositors is indeed moving at tortise rate:D

yongsaver

Reaction score
nay, just share good lobangs here before closing date lah
If people want to say u hao lian, now they also can say u :s13:

Btw where is the bond desk u submitted your application?

bank interest rates for depositors is indeed moving at tortise rate:D

mine was phillip.....

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.