Android TV Box

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can find those same boxes way cheaper online. The only benefit from buying from those TV box from local stores is the pre-installed apps. Which are obviously not legal and can be taken down anytime.

What I suggest to OP is to not depend on the preinstalled apps but to do the searching and installing of apps themselves.

Like netflix, viu, etc?

dryteletubby

Reaction score
Like netflix, viu, etc?

If you want netflix your options are the mi box or Nvidia shield as netflix only whitelist official android TV os devices to play HD netflix. If the android TV os appstore don't have viu, you can still watch via Chromecast as it's supported by both boxes

hithere1

Reaction score
Hi guys, is there a box that doesn't require downloading of app to use. Buying one mainly for parents use and want it as user friendly as possible, ie like watching TV and not scroll through apps.

I made a trip down to comex, and the only shop that I saw with TV and vod is 3pm.sg and sells the magic x plus for $279. Sounds abit pricey or is this the market price?

The other shops I saw revolves around clicking on apps to get to shows, not too ideal.

c1steady

Reaction score
Anyone use infinite TV box before? From amconics. $189 cover 4 year live TV channel. They said they have server located in China.

Sent from Google using GAGT

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone use infinite TV box before? From amconics. $189 cover 4 year live TV channel. They said they have server located in China.

Sent from Google using GAGT

All the crappy boxes in show, what's red bean? Can get $170 in Qoo10 when there's voucher.

dryteletubby

Reaction score
Hi guys, is there a box that doesn't require downloading of app to use. Buying one mainly for parents use and want it as user friendly as possible, ie like watching TV and not scroll through apps.

I made a trip down to comex, and the only shop that I saw with TV and vod is 3pm.sg and sells the magic x plus for $279. Sounds abit pricey or is this the market price?

The other shops I saw revolves around clicking on apps to get to shows, not too ideal.

It's probably a $50 while label box that the distributor installed their own software and logos and mark up the price. Like all other pirated box, the server that host the streams will be taken down eventually. before that the distributor will drop all support for the hardware to prevent angry consumers form complaining.

If you want legit supported easy to use TV boxes, you will have to get the legal device like Nvidia shield, mibox or a apple tv and pay for the content

Last edited:

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can consider the Sky Media X6 Pro, seems good

Posted from PCWX using SONY SUMIRE

Pearce

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tomorrow I am going down to Comex. Can anyone recommend which android box to look for? I am looking for those non-subscription box

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tomorrow I am going down to Comex. Can anyone recommend which android box to look for? I am looking for those non-subscription box
The one behind the Samsung booth seems good at $139, they will help to preload the apks for you and can watch shows ranging from TVB dramas to Malaysian/Taiwan/China/HK channels.

Posted from PCWX using SONY SUMIRE

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

The best place to buy android box is local online sites, such as lazada, qoo10.

Expect to pay 2-3 times if you get your sets from comex, other expo or sim lim square.

Exclusive10

Master Member
Reaction score
red bean selling 99 at comex. with 3 yrs warranty. They will load the apk on the spot after ur purchase.

I am struggling whether to buy anot ....

previously had a Ace Tech 4k box, when demo tt time, simi oso have. u name it they have it.... but I waited till recently to install, den realize this cannot tt cannot ... even youtube, playstore, chrome oso cannot ... anyone knows how to resolve this issue?

squarepipe

Reaction score
Don't buy all those boxes that lure you with free shows!!

You use for 1 or 2 months then the server go offline. By the time the seller run away or change name liao.

If you want free but don't want to pay you will have to put in effort.
Either you use your google fu search the internet for APKs and alternatives when the APKs / Kodi addons stop working or you pony up $$ for a Netflix/Starhub tv box subscription etc.

For me i use plex/kodi to watch videos stored on my NAS. Both kodi and plex offer a streamline experience. For live shows, I use an app to stream the web page to my chromecast.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.