November 2017 SBF

j.p.j.p

Reaction score
Anyone gg to take keys and took grant but next year then can provide marriage cert? Called in hdb but must email to CRM to get approval, maybe by the time key collection come, CRM oso haven’t reply...

heybuddy

Reaction score
Anyone gg to take keys and took grant but next year then can provide marriage cert? Called in hdb but must email to CRM to get approval, maybe by the time key collection come, CRM oso haven’t reply...

My friend appealed to hdb to collect her keys w/o marriage cert.. now staying in the new home for 1 month already.. getting married in november..

zidmosby

Reaction score

Yup me. You already selected unit or not yet? Your project a lot of people move in already or still empty?

zidmosby

Reaction score
This type sure sian, wanna get married, still haven get house.. When his selection?

He selected June, I selected July. I got my keys last week, he still settling paperwork.

Eh but actually nowadays a lot of couple get married first without the house. My brother in law dated for 6 years, just got married and living with parents. Don’t find the urgent need to get a house but apply sbf without fail. I really don’t understand lol

viccom87

Reaction score
He selected June, I selected July. I got my keys last week, he still settling paperwork.

Eh but actually nowadays a lot of couple get married first without the house. My brother in law dated for 6 years, just got married and living with parents. Don’t find the urgent need to get a house but apply sbf without fail. I really don’t understand lol

I also selected on June.. Till now no news.. Haha.. Ya, I also staying with my parents for about 3 year in marriage, until last year my wife get her PR then I try to apply, thought of staying near parents so I applied SBF, I also not in hurry, but seeing people collecting keys, I start to wonder what is going wrong.. Also changing job, now start have to hope I can collect my keys asap cause most likely Oct I jumping over to another company already though boss is still the same person, but company name different, don't know if this affect keys collection.. And after change company, work load become heavier, no time to oversee Reno, no money to ask for ID.. Now abit stress, haha..

j.p.j.p

Reaction score
My friend appealed to hdb to collect her keys w/o marriage cert.. now staying in the new home for 1 month already.. getting married in november..

You know how long it took for her appeal to approve? She took grant too?

j.p.j.p

Reaction score
Yup me. You already selected unit or not yet? Your project a lot of people move in already or still empty?

Already selected unit and next month collect key. But plan ROM early next year. Mine quite a lot of ppl moved in. You collecting keys soon?

Monday21

Reaction score
Hi All... Need your opinion... Half hack kitchen wall and touch up $900.. reasonable or expensive?

My frens all ask me go for direct contractor... But seems like on FB and Carousell everyone claiming that they are direct...:s13::s13::s13:

zidmosby

Reaction score
Hi All... Need your opinion... Half hack kitchen wall and touch up $900.. reasonable or expensive?

My frens all ask me go for direct contractor... But seems like on FB and Carousell everyone claiming that they are direct...:s13::s13::s13:

Standard price if you are asking IDs. You need to ask if they will provide the tiles to replace damaged areas or you need to buy (aka hidden costs). I engaged contractor and I hacked two areas for around $900, but there is a waiting time.

zidmosby

Reaction score
Already selected unit and next month collect key. But plan ROM early next year. Mine quite a lot of ppl moved in. You collecting keys soon?

I already collected last week. My area still quite empty as the lease was only scheduled for mid next year. That's why mine had greater flexibility I feel and I provided some proof for wedding.

My cousin was at Canberra area and she got her flats last year under SBF, but she was told to ROM early as her estate had high occupancy rate already.

zidmosby

Reaction score
I also selected on June.. Till now no news.. Haha.. Ya, I also staying with my parents for about 3 year in marriage, until last year my wife get her PR then I try to apply, thought of staying near parents so I applied SBF, I also not in hurry, but seeing people collecting keys, I start to wonder what is going wrong.. Also changing job, now start have to hope I can collect my keys asap cause most likely Oct I jumping over to another company already though boss is still the same person, but company name different, don't know if this affect keys collection.. And after change company, work load become heavier, no time to oversee Reno, no money to ask for ID.. Now abit stress, haha..

Just curious - because I cannot talk to my brother in law about this since my SO sensitive if I impose questions on her family :s13:

How come you don't feel the urgency to get a house? Is your SO truly comfortable or there has been some arguments on when you will get your own place? Sorry hor but I am genuinely curious; not judging.

I discussed with my SO before on how important it was for her to secure a home and we both agreed it was super high as we felt that both parties (ourselves and our parents) should be able to move, speak and dress freely and not having to restrict ourselves because it's not our home. Of course I know not everyone is the same as us but I wanted to know what kind of agreement couples have on houses. :D

I have a friend who has been dating for 7 years, recently engaged and planning to get married. Every year apply SBF without fail but die die go for Sengkang and has failed continuously. I asked her why never apply BTO considering her luck, she tell me not urgent also. I was speechless hahaha

Last edited:

LynR52

Reaction score
I ever accompanied my mum to a branch office before... She was having trouble keeping up with the mortgage. So the manager there asked her to consider downgrading to a 2-room balance flat.

mum: Can ah? No need to wait for launch and ballot?

manager: Can... there are alot of units not taken up. We can put up a request and recommend you to HDB... Our recommendation usually ok one..

Doesnt necessarily need to downgrade to a smaller sized flat. Can try asking for other areas that can meet what your CPF and grant can cover...
But whatever it is i hope HDB makes it easy for you and you get your dream unit....

I need to add in levy 20k to any unit tht i choose. Our total cpf + grant is 177k. Dunno if there is any 3 room flat that would cost 157k and below in sg lor.

viccom87

Reaction score
Just curious - because I cannot talk to my brother in law about this since my SO sensitive if I impose questions on her family :s13:

How come you don't feel the urgency to get a house? Is your SO truly comfortable or there has been some arguments on when you will get your own place? Sorry hor but I am genuinely curious; not judging.

I discussed with my SO before on how important it was for her to secure a home and we both agreed it was super high as we felt that both parties (ourselves and our parents) should be able to move, speak and dress freely and not having to restrict ourselves because it's not our home. Of course I know not everyone is the same as us but I wanted to know what kind of agreement couples have on houses. :D

I have a friend who has been dating for 7 years, recently engaged and planning to get married. Every year apply SBF without fail but die die go for Sengkang and has failed continuously. I asked her why never apply BTO considering her luck, she tell me not urgent also. I was speechless hahaha

For me, my wife not much problem with my family, my parents got no problem with my wife, my younger sister also not much problem, cause all working, seldom see each other, only night time that few hours, so consider OK for us, staying with parents means saving money, I only need to give some allowance, not need to bear all the charges like PUB and ect, things like TV or washing machine spoil, not under my cost, my parents will settle.. Hahaha.. Cook dinner no need to think too much, 2 dishes and one soup, plus 2 cup of rice, 5 pax sure can finish, if move out, 2 left with 2 pax, cook dinner abit sian, everyday dabao or eat outside also cost, so think about it, stay with parents still consider good.. Also haven't have kids, so still OK lor, if got kids then diff story already, (not we don't want, is haven't get.. Haha).. In fact me and my wife thought of getting a house is because of Singapore hotel very expensive, don't get the wrong idea, when my wife's sister come to visit, hotel per night cost about $150 for budget hotel, then we stay in woodlands, nearest hotel is nearby town, damn troublesome lor, so start to think when her parents if wanna come visit us with her sister, if we have a house will be easier, rather then give money to hotel.. So that my story lor.. Haha

Erinlmh

Reaction score
Plan to hack the walls between the kitchen and service balcony aka laundry area. Half of it cos this level just now for me to cover up by the kitchen cabinet. Anyone doing this?

Erinlmh

Reaction score
Of course take lor. 40mm FOC leh.. where can get this type of good deal outside haha. If need top up more, have to ask contractor but have heard its less than 1k. One of the contractor I spoke to say to expect between $1 to $2/psf for cement screeding. Anything higher is just profit.
Thanks for the information. My Northshore Kakis also tell me that can appeal for floor screeding after keys collection.

Amex^1234

Reaction score

hack & touch up ONLY 900? I think my ID cheaper wor.. u got my ID contact right? can try asking him.. i did the same also... i hack half, touch up + do window.

Hi all which bank has lowest interest rate for Reno loan?

CIMB..got for 3years loan

Plan to hack the walls between the kitchen and service balcony aka laundry area. Half of it cos this level just now for me to cover up by the kitchen cabinet. Anyone doing this?

Like that do if u fried food.. your svc yard cannot put clothes liao wor.. if not all oily... lol..

Erinlmh

Reaction score
hack & touch up ONLY 900? I think my ID cheaper wor.. u got my ID contact right? can try asking him.. i did the same also... i hack half, touch up + do window.

Like that do if u fried food.. your svc yard cannot put clothes liao wor.. if not all oily... lol..

Usually when we fried food at home, either keep clothes or hang them outside. My opp. block neighbour everytime fried fish, we can smell them de though both blocks are not near to each other, there's a basketball court in between us.

Monday21

Reaction score
I need to add in levy 20k to any unit tht i choose. Our total cpf + grant is 177k. Dunno if there is any 3 room flat that would cost 157k and below in sg lor.

hmmm i understand you... want to wait for next ROBF or SBF to survey price also will take too long already...

During my unit selection.. CSO told me i need to fork out 20k cash cos of some issue... They somehow believe i was a second timer applicant when i wasnt. One advice i got from a fren was to fight and appeal for that 20k to be paid in installments... like maybe $500 per month... I haven't heard of anyone else doing that yet but my fren assured me that it was workable...

Maybe you can try this as a last resort if your CRM really can't help you out with HLE... Meanwhile, dont give up.....!

Monday21

Reaction score

ya i think im gonna look for him soon.. yesterday went around carousell asking for price from these so called direct contractors, some quote me 1700, 1400... cheapest was 1100... direct my foot :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.