MyRepublic fibre - Part 5

lbcben

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone using business my republic plan, I cannot access
baidu.com
amazon.cn
taobao.com(world.taobao.com can access), but when point to china site: www.taobao.com

Page cannot be displayed.

Anyone using business plan, having same problem?
My firewall staff didnt do any changes or restriction to FW, it just happen out of sudden.

TheBaldMan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi users,

I am thinking of signing up myrepublic...... any issue with this provider?

thanks

The only thing with them is the process for application and payment methods by debit.Other then it is a fuss free service.Had enough of singtel for over a decade.

helloworld321

Reaction score
just got charged for static IP. bloody not happy, i've been using static Ip since 2012. Paid for it back when it's 2012.

msi696

Reaction score
The only thing with them is the process for application and payment methods by debit.Other then it is a fuss free service.Had enough of singtel for over a decade.

How about the internet? Got any problem with the speed? I am currently using m1. Had enuff of the speed lagging.

squarepipe

Reaction score
How about the internet? Got any problem with the speed? I am currently using m1. Had enuff of the speed lagging.

Speed lagging confirm plus chop is user error, except for viewquest.

You go see M1 thread everyone there praising M1.

Also read somewhere myrepublic does a carrier grade NAT. That's a no no for me as I run my own VPN server. If your use case is just browse the web,download stuff etc you should not notice any difference.

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Speed lagging confirm plus chop is user error, except for viewquest.

You go see M1 thread everyone there praising M1.

Also read somewhere myrepublic does a carrier grade NAT. That's a no no for me as I run my own VPN server. If your use case is just browse the web,download stuff etc you should not notice any difference.

i've got vpn server setup on my router which i connect to when i am outside.
using static IP should have no problem.

dryteletubby

Reaction score
i've got vpn server setup on my router which i connect to when i am outside.
using static IP should have no problem.

Myrepublic should be more open about the fact that they use ta CGNAT.

Once my friend wanted to host a Minecraft server and couldn't for the life of him get port forwarding working. Only after alot of head scratching did he finally realised that he had to get a static IP to have a public facing IP.

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Myrepublic should be more open about the fact that they use ta CGNAT.

Once my friend wanted to host a Minecraft server and couldn't for the life of him get port forwarding working. Only after alot of head scratching did he finally realised that he had to get a static IP to have a public facing IP.
unfortunately this has been the case since ..

flipenjoi

Reaction score
Hi, anyone using the dual fibre plan have any feedback for their stability? Read recently Myrepublic has been unstable. Seems interesting after being introduced to it. Speeds good for each individual connection of 1 Gbps?

helloworld321

Reaction score
Hi, anyone using the dual fibre plan have any feedback for their stability? Read recently Myrepublic has been unstable. Seems interesting after being introduced to it. Speeds good for each individual connection of 1 Gbps?

Why would you need dual fiber? I would say 1gbps is enough for less than 10 pax. U can do trunking for the entire house.

flipenjoi

Reaction score
It suits my needs. Anyone with 1Gbps in Sengkang/Hougang area? Do share on your speeds and latency with MR, thank you!

Currently playing BF1 on HK servers at 37ms StarHub. Are you getting the same on MR?

Why would you need dual fiber? I would say 1gbps is enough for less than 10 pax. U can do trunking for the entire house.

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yes both very stable on each of my asus ac88u

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.