Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

obichacha

Reaction score
Haha exactly 3 days for package arrived to warehouse.
Now I'm worried free.

Thanks for your info as well.

Normally 2 business days when my tracking number is tagged as received in the domestic courier's website (i.e. USPS, FedEx, etc.).

I also input my tracking number on their website for them to anticipate my package as merchants may tend to misspell names on receipts or other pertinent details on my package.

If I may suggest, contact their live chat or email services and also give your tracking number for them to review the status. On my experiences, it takes 2 business days tops to assign my package on my account. They will definitely give you an updated status.

msaz

Reaction score
borderlinx have cease shipping from us. guess our option getting more limited

Last edited:

cowoth

Reaction score
Wow Borderlinx go down already? Anyone use Shop&Ship? Where is that based and are they reliable?

I used to use Vpost but it was pretty bad...is it better now?

flexicon

Reaction score
Have anyone tried comGateway's OneBox service? Customer reviews sound promising, just waiting for my other packages to arrive and will try it.

gooifier

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow Borderlinx go down already? Anyone use Shop&Ship? Where is that based and are they reliable?

I used to use Vpost but it was pretty bad...is it better now?

Used Shop and Ship a few years back.

Their features are really lacking. No tracking and no notifications of your goods.

Once the goods reached their overseas warehouse, they will quickly send it to SG (i.e. no storage options provided)

Then the goods reached SG. They also wont notify u about it. Till I make noise and keep calling their centre at Changi.

You can take the risk and try, since my experience is like...2 years ago. Do update here your experience...

wingz01

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with comgateway’s buyforme service? Was told to submit bank statement and photo ID to facilitate smooth transaction when they’re processing my order. Is this normal? Not very comfortable with what they’re asking for.

flexicon

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with comgateway’s buyforme service? Was told to submit bank statement and photo ID to facilitate smooth transaction when they’re processing my order. Is this normal? Not very comfortable with what they’re asking for.

they asked me on my first bfm as well la. after i submitted, my next bfm orders went through smoothly. i guess it's them checking if i really own the card. i black out some information when i submitted the document though and show what they need to see.

paul02

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Didn't happen to me, what's the value of the item you were trying to have them purchase?

GeraldineT

Reaction score
Have anyone tried comGateway's OneBox service? Customer reviews sound promising, just waiting for my other packages to arrive and will try it.

if ur items are light and small, one box is ok.
if ur items are heavy no point combining, after combination plus the $10 one box packing fee, its more expensive

iCubes

Master Member
Reaction score
CGW has been very reliable for me. Also used their buyforme services a few times, very good and low service fees compared to other forwarders.

Reaction score
Hi anyone have experience with shipping heavy items from USA to SG? Only know Vpost does sea shipment, is there any other companies doing it too? Ty

fyeebiyd

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone have a referral code or something for uclick2buy?

Keen to sign up and use their services.

mackie8

Reaction score
Anyone used any UK service recently like vpost? Need a new vacuum cleaner but Miele range here lousy.

i just ordered from NIKE UK to vpost.. first time using also...
still waiting for my watch band to arrive in the Vpost address ....

for US im using CGW ...

Tacky667

Reaction score
First time using US forwarder, HopShopGo and seems like they always charge the weight as 3x more than it actually is? The live quote gave me 14kg for a 5kg item (that is usually packed in a box that is to size) and my recent package weighing 0.5kg was charged as 1.5kg. The DHL tracking even states that its weight is 1lbs.

Also what's the difference between HopShopGo and ComGateway if they're both ComGateway? I thought it was because HopShopGo accepts paypal but apparently CGW accepts paypal too

EDIT: The package arrived and boy the volumetric dimensions are crazy! Also the DHL guy actually sent my package to my neighbours who just took it! I had to walk over and intercept. He didn't even check identity and just asked for name which they could have easily gotten by looking at the box he already passed to them

Last edited:

spectrearc

Reaction score
Anyone tried purchasing off ebay recently? The vpost address given not recognised by USPS, ebay suggested diff address...

eightyhertz

Reaction score
Anyone tried purchasing off ebay recently? The vpost address given not recognised by USPS, ebay suggested diff address...

Yeah for some reason the address given by VPOST is not compliant with the USPS addressing format. It's better to use the ZIP+4 so the package can be routed better. I normally use the following for Amazon shipments:

FIRSTNAME LASTNAME-SGXXXXXXX
18432 NE SANDY BLVD
STE 5001 SGXXXXXXXX (your VPOST mailbox number)
PORTLAND, OR 97230-6835

I have no idea why Multnomah county needs to be added in line 2 of the address when the zip code will do.

STE stands for "SUITE" which is an (American English) abbreviation for secondary unit within a building something like an apartment number.

I stick the VPOST number on the last name field to avoid it getting truncated.

Always check the UPS/USPS label printout when your VPOST box arrives to check if the address is getting printed properly.

You can check the following link for USPS addressing compliance:
tools.usps.com/zip-code-lookup.htm?byaddress

Common postal abbreviations are here:
pe.usps.com/text/pub28/28apc_002.htm

I've not had ebay shipments go to the VPOST address but just be aware that some ebay sellers may not be willing to ship to freight forwarders.

Hope this helps.

P.S. Out of curiosity I looked at Google Street View to figure out what the warehouse looked like, it's near PDX and a couple of Costco and Albertsons distribution centers...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.