Univeristy Of Wollongong (SIM) future/current/students come in!!!

CipherEncrypt

Reaction score
Interested in UOW-BCS/BIS

1)Are mathematics modules (MATH 221/223) pain in the butt cheeks?
Maybe seniors would be able to help me out on this.
if you would kindly share what topics are being taught in these modules(discrete math, prof etc..)? :s11:

2)Anyone applying for the JANUARY intake (Which course):s22:

psytherapyy

Reaction score
Hi, seeing that there is a new course (cyber security) offered by UOW, is there any notable difference other than the year 3 modules compared to the current DSS?
Already have an offer for DSS but contemplating taking the new course in jan considering the year 3 core mods offered

Cipher_

Reaction score
Hi, seeing that there is a new course (cyber security) offered by UOW, is there any notable difference other than the year 3 modules compared to the current DSS?
Already have an offer for DSS but contemplating taking the new course in jan considering the year 3 core mods offered

I would suggest DSS considering the "job market" and "fresh graduates".
For Cyber Security employers are looking for someone extra ordinary(highly skilled) ... so if you think u are one of them then feel free to take Cyber Security.
But again imo DSS is a safe choice.

Oleman

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know if not having a laptop for the first 2 weeks of school(DSS) gonna be a big problem?

I do have a pc at home though.

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know if not having a laptop for the first 2 weeks of school(DSS) gonna be a big problem?

Nope. You don't really need it till fyp. Doesn't really need for fyp also. But it's slightly easier if you meet outside.

Posted from PCWX using Nexus 5

FatalityV

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

You won't need to carry a laptop if you don't want to. It's just more convenient to have one.

Personally I prefer to keep a partition on my laptop solely for schoolwork, I can then nuke that partition once I no longer require the software.

Singapore196596

Reaction score
Justed checked the coming orientation is from 8.30am to 5pm. What are we doing for the whole day? what should we bring along?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.