Maid's off day what time to come back?

pdsubbu

Reaction score
Once it comes to maid; their honesty matters.

The trust you have on them and how willingly they work decides everything.

thegardens3b

Master Member
Reaction score
A domestic helper is still a human, why impose such strict restrictions..
Ofc it takes two hands 2 claps but as long as you treat your helper well, i am sure she would reciprocate.
Always 2 sides to a coin but i always feel treating domestic helpers kindly and nicely goes a long way...

They leave their homes to earn a living and some also to support their children back home as well.
:s8:

ses009

Reaction score
Wow leave home at 7am means she wakes up so early to prepare to go out. Even if reach town also 8am, shops all still not open yet, where do they go ah?

If reach home 10pm, then just make sure next morning can wake up early too. If they are supposed to wake up at 6am and do not have 8 hours of sleep, then it is their problem because they should manage their time well.

Harri83

Master Member
Reaction score
Wow leave home at 7am means she wakes up so early to prepare to go out. Even if reach town also 8am, shops all still not open yet, where do they go ah?

If reach home 10pm, then just make sure next morning can wake up early too. If they are supposed to wake up at 6am and do not have 8 hours of sleep, then it is their problem because they should manage their time well.

Cannot go boyfriend place and cuddle on the bed ? :s11:

mummy1234

Banned
Reaction score
Mine is from 10am-8pm on sunday, if go sat, then till 9pm

So far, some even come back early like before 7pm.. cos they complained crowded

Mine also, and she will even do some housework and buy us lunch...had her for almost 3.5 years. Celebrated her birthday with a cake these last 2 years...

freewilly5000

Reaction score
My maid can come back whatever time she wants as it’s her off day: maybe coming home late can impact a bit on next day work but isn’t it same for everyone? You’ve never gone to work Monday morning a bit shagged? Haha we have responsibility as “employer” for maids to have a work life balance: it is a privilege to have a maid & happy helper = dedicated helper

cloud1984

Reaction score
My 1st helper comes back at 9pm. She told me her previous employer let her out till 11+pm

Xiiao_Sii

Reaction score
Ya agree with above. I oso let my maid decide when they wanna come back home.

I think as long as they do their job well we should live and let live. I used to wait tables at a restaurant in the US with a 6 days work shift as well. I kinda know how it feels like

unfinished07

Master Member
Reaction score
off day means off day. you are just an employer, not a king.
do not treat your maids like this just because their salary is cheap.
when monday comes and you go back to work, you are also the employee.

Cheongster

Reaction score
Ya agree with above. I oso let my maid decide when they wanna come back home.

I think as long as they do their job well we should live and let live. I used to wait tables at a restaurant in the US with a 6 days work shift as well. I kinda know how it feels like
Haha, its not easy to manage domestic helper here in Singapore.

I am actually working on a product to help manage and motive domestic helper in Singapore. Drop me a PM if anyone is interested to find out more.

Cheongster

Reaction score
My newly hired maid said she will go off at 7am and come back at 10pm. Is 10pm consider late to back home? Also, can we check her bag when she go out on sunday her off day?

I see that you might have some issues with managing your helper. I am currently working on something that helpers employers like you to manage and motivate your helper. PM me if you are interested to know more. Thanks.

mummy1234

Banned
Reaction score
Sigh, my maid of 4 years has left us for a higher salary elsewhere. Hubby was against raising her pay from S$550 to $650. She declined S$600. But I gave her a mth's bonus for her 4 years work for us.

Now have new Myanmese maid and her first off day. I forgot to tell her to come back before 8 pm and now it is 9.30pm and she is still not back yet. And her cooking can sometimes be terrible.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.