Guide to SPF Enlistment

Acre45

Reaction score
Any skills I should learn now or anything I should try to get used to now at home? 1 month away from my enlistment on 9 October... But I'm quite a pampered/spoilt child so I almost never do any housework, so quite scared and think I will struggle at HTA...

Anything I should try to learn/get used to now? Any advice? Eg. Shower with cold water/hand washing clothes

1. Do not do anything half - hardheartedly. Always give 100%
2. Move with a sense of urgency.
3. Never ever ever step on the grass or die a horrible death (especially during confinement week)
4. Try to not take the corrective training and shouting to heart if you are to sensitive, the FI are doing their job to try discipline and train 30 20+ year olds which is no easy task

Power Is Scarce

Reaction score
Any skills I should learn now or anything I should try to get used to now at home? 1 month away from my enlistment on 9 October... But I'm quite a pampered/spoilt child so I almost never do any housework, so quite scared and think I will struggle at HTA...

Anything I should try to learn/get used to now? Any advice? Eg. Shower with cold water/hand washing clothes

Firstly, learn to wash clothes. There's washing machine and by right you're supposed to be able to use them but by left, your company commander might not allow just yet, so can only hand wash.

Secondly, in your bunk, there will be 10 people inside and all of you will have to constantly clean the bunk. Especially on Friday book out, you have to clean the window grills, bed frames, lockers, sweeping and mopping of floor also. You will also have to make your own bed, furthermore the bed linen is very easily crumpled the moment you lie down, so you might want to make it look nice again before you leave the bunk (or just pray you don't get caught especially if you stay on the first floor).

You will also have to polish your black boots to make it kilat (shiny) and you might want to refrain from using the shoe polish issued to you. I advise you to go buy Kiwi shoe polish, only cost $2 and can make the boots easily shiny.

As for police pants, you have to iron the center part for front and back and make sure there's no double line. As for the top, make sure only have one line.

Some helpful stuff to take note:

1) like what someone mentioned, don't step on grass.

2) Don't touch or lean on the railing. People tend to forget this a lot.

3) Don't adjust. Nose itchy? Scratch if you dare. See whether anyone will shout in your face. (This will probably only happen during confinement to scare you, after that it will mostly be push ups and stuff).

4) Most importantly is to not drop your water bottle during water parade. One person drop, the whole company will have to do push up while saying "thank you TSC (name)" for like 20 times while that person have to stand there and see everyone suffer. (During confinement, I'm sure they will make water parade like your worst nightmare but afterwards, it won't be the least bit intensive.)

Lastly, try to refrain from getting into trouble. Make sure you get along with your squad mates, even if there's someone you don't get along, just don't pick a fight and don't involve yourself with him.

When your training is coming to an end, the vocation you want will be based on how well you score your IPPT, Shooting, Obstacle Course, SBA (Police Case Scenario like how you will handle when you arrive on scene during a robbery), law exams, Police Defense Tactics (feels like taekwondo) and First Aid.

There will also be Peer Appraisal which your squad mates will have to grade you on a scale of 1 - 7 so if you want a good vocation, take note of this factors and make sure you score well on them.

moneyboy6321

Reaction score
You can try taking 39 to Yishun MRT and taking to CCK from there. Or try taking the green line to Jurong East and switching to the red line. Personally for booking in rather you use MRT since bus travel timing varies since congestion is always a factor. Im from Pasir Ris so i know your pain :/
Is there any shuffle bus provided?

abc123d

Reaction score
Firstly, learn to wash clothes. There's washing machine and by right you're supposed to be able to use them but by left, your company commander might not allow just yet, so can only hand wash.

Secondly, in your bunk, there will be 10 people inside and all of you will have to constantly clean the bunk. Especially on Friday book out, you have to clean the window grills, bed frames, lockers, sweeping and mopping of floor also. You will also have to make your own bed, furthermore the bed linen is very easily crumpled the moment you lie down, so you might want to make it look nice again before you leave the bunk (or just pray you don't get caught especially if you stay on the first floor).

You will also have to polish your black boots to make it kilat (shiny) and you might want to refrain from using the shoe polish issued to you. I advise you to go buy Kiwi shoe polish, only cost $2 and can make the boots easily shiny.

As for police pants, you have to iron the center part for front and back and make sure there's no double line. As for the top, make sure only have one line.

Some helpful stuff to take note:

1) like what someone mentioned, don't step on grass.

2) Don't touch or lean on the railing. People tend to forget this a lot.

3) Don't adjust. Nose itchy? Scratch if you dare. See whether anyone will shout in your face. (This will probably only happen during confinement to scare you, after that it will mostly be push ups and stuff).

4) Most importantly is to not drop your water bottle during water parade. One person drop, the whole company will have to do push up while saying "thank you TSC (name)" for like 20 times while that person have to stand there and see everyone suffer. (During confinement, I'm sure they will make water parade like your worst nightmare but afterwards, it won't be the least bit intensive.)

Lastly, try to refrain from getting into trouble. Make sure you get along with your squad mates, even if there's someone you don't get along, just don't pick a fight and don't involve yourself with him.

When your training is coming to an end, the vocation you want will be based on how well you score your IPPT, Shooting, Obstacle Course, SBA (Police Case Scenario like how you will handle when you arrive on scene during a robbery), law exams, Police Defense Tactics (feels like taekwondo) and First Aid.

There will also be Peer Appraisal which your squad mates will have to grade you on a scale of 1 - 7 so if you want a good vocation, take note of this factors and make sure you score well on them.

wow thanks for the detailed reply!

what do u mean under no. 3), the adjust/scratching part

hope I can survive man haha

Realhits45

Reaction score

Come to think of it. It's not as bad as the boys in green in BMT. But I have friends in the SPF hating on their bpt but loves their unit. Not do much for guys in green who hate BMT and their unit. Plus if you diploma/a levels can auto become sergeant. Green boys not 100% garuntee

Realhits45

Reaction score

And adjust scratching part is moving in a file. My bf in army described to me how painful it was to stand in senang diri straight without moving for so long.

Once one of his platoon mate coughed in a file, the sergeant ask him to come out and witness everyone doing push ups and called him irresponsible for coughing out loud. So there you go haha

Parmesean

Reaction score
Come to think of it. It's not as bad as the boys in green in BMT. But I have friends in the SPF hating on their bpt but loves their unit. Not do much for guys in green who hate BMT and their unit. Plus if you diploma/a levels can auto become sergeant. Green boys not 100% garuntee

Honestly under the new scheme, every one should at least attain Sergeant (1) rank, with SGT (2) being reserved for A lvl/Dip holders. This is provided you don't have a case against you....

Starbarks!

Reaction score
Honestly under the new scheme, every one should at least attain Sergeant (1) rank, with SGT (2) being reserved for A lvl/Dip holders. This is provided you don't have a case against you....

Sgt(2) gets $100 more NS allowance than Sgt(1) right? 😋

Parmesean

Reaction score
Yup that's correct. I saw my bro's handbook states that..

Found this online
g6NhA81.png

Taken from the CMPB website here

Power Is Scarce

Reaction score
Guys, my POP is in 1 month's time. I actually have colour deficiency so the only front line available because of this was ProCom and TransCom. 172 Intake ProCom not available but just recently, I received message that it will be available to choose for us with partial colour blind.

But I'm just wondering if AOFI is a good vocation or not? Can someone fill me in on that position? I've already been confirmed to be placed under that vocation since I went through the interview and they accepted me.

Should I accept the vocation or just choose front line, TransCom or ProCom? Quite clueless to be honest.

ClearlyCryptic

Reaction score
Should I accept the vocation or just choose front line, TransCom or ProCom? Quite clueless to be honest.

Based on what I heard from a friend in ProCom, I suggest if you want more "action" join TransCom since they rack up a large number of arrests as ProCom patrols are mostly uneventful according to my friend.

Hopefully this helps you come to a decision. All the best!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.