Android TV Box

dryteletubby

Reaction score
I thought those streaming boxes are somehow downloading contents from some server in China and they have authentication and we cannot do it on our own?

Sent from Dont Take Any Of My Statment As Investment Advice. Do Your Own Due Diligence. using GAGT

That the case with Xiaomi but they got so much lawsuit incoming that they drop the idea.

I doubt the no name brands can pull such a service off for an extended period of time. Hosting media cost $$ that's why netflix cost $ and YouTube is flooded with ads.

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows if Tanix TX3 is rooted by default?

I want to run Starhub go and it will not run on rooted device. Don’t want to pay $199 for Starhub overpriced android tv box.

As a matter of fact Starhub Go App may not be applicable on Android and Apple TV box.

swathe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As a matter of fact Starhub Go App may not be applicable on Android and Apple TV box.

Any reason why? I assume it can be done since it works on android phone.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.starhub.itv&hl=en_SG

swathe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From Starhub site:

Android devices - Support devices running Android 5.0 or later. Rooted devices are NOT supported.

iOS devices - Support devices running iOS 9 or later. Jailbroken devices are NOT supported.

dryteletubby

Reaction score
From Starhub site:

Android devices - Support devices running Android 5.0 or later. Rooted devices are NOT supported.

iOS devices - Support devices running iOS 9 or later. Jailbroken devices are NOT supported.

I have a rooted phone and the app runs without any issue. Can't test further as I don't have a starhub subscription

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any reason why? I assume it can be done since it works on android phone.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.starhub.itv&hl=en_SG

Please refer to reply by Starhub CSO > You will not be able to download the StarHub GO app on Andriod TV.

Beside this there are do have comments on Apple TV box unable to download Starhub Go App.

And within the "What is Starhub Go" support page on What devices can I use to stream StarHub Go?

Listed devices are all mobile handsets.

Not all Apps can be available in some handsets as stated not compatible.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can watch starhub go if you have an android smart TV.

Just run starhubgo on the andriod phone and chromecast the video to the TV.

If your TV is not using android TV OS, you can either buy a TV box with android TV OS, e.g mibox international version. It is only $70+, much cheaper than the box from starhub.

You can also try to run the app on pure android OS TV box (not rooted), it may work too.

Last edited:

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

If your TV is not using android TV OS, you can either buy a TV box with android TV OS, e.g mibox international version. It is only $70+, much cheaper than the box from starhub.

You can also try to run the app on pure android OS TV box (not rooted), it may work too.

Chromecast has good and bad. Starhubgo app support chromecast?

csc12345678

Master Member
Reaction score
If I have an Android phone and a Android Box, is it possible to cast on the Box from the phone ?

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey, that's good for those that are tech savy. How much is the monthly subscription? $14.90 too?

Ah, found the list from Stahub's website.

I use catch up TV a lot so I guess the family pack at $14.90 is most relevant. I was planning to buy an Android box as well so I guess some of that cost went into the 6 months "free" period :s13:.

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I have a 'stupid' TV :s13: so the box works great. 6 months "free" means $14.90x6+$70=$159.40. OK la, Starhub done its math.

swathe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I asked Starhub if Starhub Go is valid as a TV subscription to Hub Club, they say no. So please take note.

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ah, found the list from Stahub's website.

I use catch up TV a lot so I guess the family pack at $14.90 is most relevant. I was planning to buy an Android box as well so I guess some of that cost went into the 6 months "free" period :s13:.

I have a 'stupid' TV :s13: so the box works great. 6 months "free" means $14.90x6+$70=$159.40. OK la, Starhub done its math.

Oh and Go Select that cost $9.90 per month for 6 months. I guess that $199 wasn't that expensive (correct me if I'm not).

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh and Go Select that cost $9.90 per month for 6 months. I guess that $199 wasn't that expensive (correct me if I'm not).

If you work out the costing on the Packs > Starhub Go Packs

Part of the package includes;
1) Go Family (TV Channels) $14.90 x 6 = $89.40
2) Go Select Packs on $9.90 x 6 = $59.40
Total 89.40 + 59.40 = $148.80

Full Package = 199 - 148.80 = $50.20 for the Starhub Go Streaming box.

For the Go Select Packs $9.90 you have a choice on Sports or TV series.

The TV series do include TVB dramas, K-dramas, HBO Originals and more as available in the Starhub Go channels.

Beside there is movies channels in CATCHPLAY Unlimited or per movie.

It is more on the marketing the promotion on Go Family & Select packs in the bundle as well as Starhub Go product.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.