e-Remote Broadlink RM-Pro

medscy

Reaction score
so you are controlling via PC? Or?
How does this works?
Not really... During normal times, I am using RM Pro to control.. but as mentioned in my previous post, I wanted to activate voice control... so this is a cheap alternative to getting a physical remote for pairing my 20+ switches and then training RM Pro in IHC app.

This essentially is sending arbitrary RF codes via your PC. So if u want to control from PC, this works too.

SecretAgent

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone using rm pro + TC2 switches + Google home? How can I get Google home to toggle on off tc2 light switch?

Elon Jobs

Reaction score
Anyone using rm pro + TC2 switches + Google home? How can I get Google home to toggle on off tc2 light switch?

You can’t.

Voice > GHM > IHC > RM Pro > eTouch
The problem here is the integration between IHC and GHM- both TC2 and eTouch are RF switches, but the tiny and crucial difference is TC2 is manufactured by Broadlink and hence, when added into IHC it gets recognised and appears automatically as a Wall Light Switch RF, which is the problem here- GHM ONLY RECOGNISES LAMPS (and scenes).

Since eTouch is not produced by Broadlink, what happens when I add it into IHC is it won’t be recognised as a Wall Light Switch RF. I will pair it first with a physical RF remote (80 key, enough for a few hundred frequencies) and set each individual frequency for on and off. Then I will go to the IHC and create the usual User Define Remote (which we have to do for all RF remotes), let RM Pro learn the on/off frequencies and then create a scene using IHC for on/off. It may sound like a lot of work, but by the third switch, I could do it all in slightly under two minutes for each individual gang on each switch.

So by choosing eTouch over TC2, I had to pay more (about $10 each) and a bit more time setting it up, but right now I can control all the switches in my home using voice commands to my GHM. By the way the RF is quite strong, I only need one RM Pro to control all the wall switches in my 5 room BTO.

Anyway, for those price sensitive guys, there is a new alternative- Funry RF switches. About $5 cheaper than TC2 ($15 cheaper than eTouch!), most importantly, can use voice to control via GHM/AED. I was told specs slightly lower than eTouch but okay for those lower wattage stuff like lights and fans. Just to be clear, I have not used Funry before, I just saw it on Carousell and spoke to the seller and that’s what she told me. When my eTouch expires, I’ll consider Funry.

SecretAgent

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks elon. OK, I just bought a piece of tc2 to play play. So what will be the smart wall panel for broadlink + Google home ? E Touch?

Last edited:

Elon Jobs

Reaction score
Thanks elon. OK, I just bought a piece of tc2 to play play. So what will be the smart wall panel for broadlink + Google home ? E Touch?

If there’s a refund policy, return your TC2, if not sell on Carousell at cost- I sold my Sonoff smart switch coz I found out after it arrived that I did not have neutral wiring in the wall switch sockets.

If you’re asking what RF switches works with RM Pro and GHM in order for you to voice control them, basically most if not all RF switches are compatible, just that you need a RF remote control and a bit of time learning how to set up. There are actually many RF switches on the market which you can buy through Q10, AliExpress, Lazada, Carousell et al.

I chose eTouch because at point of time I was doing up my HA, it was the only available option from my seller from Carousell (besides RC2). She’s the official Broadlink distributor for Singapore and she was the one who told me what I just told you- TC2 cannnot be controlled by GHM via voice. So I got everything from her and she guided me through the set up.

Aditshar

Reaction score
Connect the TC2 switches to RM pro, link it using IHC app. Remote Access "activated"

Link the ihc app to your google account via google assistant. You should be able to see your TC switches in home control. Link up the GHM to your google account and you are done. Voice Command "activated"

That how i did mine. Simple dimple. Been using the TC2 switches, RM pro, RM mini and safevue plugs for around a yr. All still good.

SecretAgent

Banned
Reaction score
Connect the TC2 switches to RM pro, link it using IHC app. Remote Access "activated"

Link the ihc app to your google account via google assistant. You should be able to see your TC switches in home control. Link up the GHM to your google account and you are done. Voice Command "activated"

That how i did mine. Simple dimple. Been using the TC2 switches, RM pro, RM mini and safevue plugs for around a yr. All still good.
No luck boss! I can link the RM pro and tc2, GH cAn get RM pro to run my RF Ceiling fans under an added scene but not the tc2.

Aditshar

Reaction score
I think i know why. Try download the ihc apk ver. 1.9.0.3931 Oct 2017 and setup your TC2 switches. I had the same prob. Once you done setup, you can update to the latest IHC app. It should work.

No luck boss! I can link the RM pro and tc2, GH cAn get RM pro to run my RF Ceiling fans under an added scene but not the tc2.

SecretAgent

Banned
Reaction score
I think i know why. Try download the ihc apk ver. 1.9.0.3931 Oct 2017 and setup your TC2 switches. I had the same prob. Once you done setup, you can update to the latest IHC app. It should work.
Blood of my blood! It works! :eek: GH + RM pro + TC2 ≡≫ Google voice control!

Thanks you so much!

Elon Jobs

Reaction score

Can I check if your TC2 switch is single gang or multiple gang and if voice command can control the different gangs separately? Coz I was told otherwise I don’t want to spread the wrong information to other HA users if indeed TC2 switches can be voice controlled by GHM using this work around.

tkpride

Reaction score
Anyone using rm pro with s1 hub? There are times when my motion sensor or the door sensor won't trigger the lights, especially after long periods of inactivity. Anyone facing the same issues?

Aditshar

Reaction score
I use all 1, 2 and 3 gang tc2 switches for my home. If the initial setup is by the old ihc app, everything will be fine. You can control the multi gang seperately cos you can rename each gang. You cant do that if you setup with the latest ihc app.

Its the 'rename' function that is important to make the TC2 switches useable for GH. Apparently the developer dropped that function in the few updates that causes the 'handshake' problem.

Can I check if your TC2 switch is single gang or multiple gang and if voice command can control the different gangs separately? Coz I was told otherwise I don’t want to spread the wrong information to other HA users if indeed TC2 switches can be voice controlled by GHM using this work around.

SecretAgent

Banned
Reaction score

No worries bro.. it is on broadlink if things are not working as they should.
it really works fine as Aditshar states, I wonder why broadlink nukes GH interface off the later updates on the apps.

As it seems, alot other users curse and swear when it doesn't works with GH. They really should just open up the feature!

Aditshar

Reaction score
Well the app works as it should (controlling the TC2 switch remotely) The problem is there are a few "voice control" services like Amazon Axela, Google Home, Tmall Genie. All of them use different type of coding. If they try to make things work with Axela, they mess up GH and vice versa. And if GH or AA update their system, it could make it unuseble. It is very common in the programming world.

As long as it is useable, i'm happy.

No worries bro.. it is on broadlink if things are not working as they should.
it really works fine as Aditshar states, I wonder why broadlink nukes GH interface off the later updates on the apps.

As it seems, alot other users curse and swear when it doesn't works with GH. They really should just open up the feature!

Sendoh82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Any Bros using Google home mini and broadlink rm pro +?? I try linking using google home connecting to ihc end up of all devices only my air con can control using the voice command. Other devices such as tv etc are not shown in the google home list

Aditshar

Reaction score
Try to eleborate what devices you trying to connect. As for tv , it depends on how you setup it up in your ihc app.

Hi Any Bros using Google home mini and broadlink rm pro +?? I try linking using google home connecting to ihc end up of all devices only my air con can control using the voice command. Other devices such as tv etc are not shown in the google home list

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.