best card for town council recurring payment?

Hua_Hui

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
as above. i know dbs has stopped awarding rebates for government related payments.

chiokcc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Promo now on:

-Edit-

Posted outdated info... apologies

Last edited:

chiokcc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://www.citibank.com.sg/gcb/credit_cards/smrt-credit-card.htm?icid=SGCCA2HENCRCDCAFM#daily

Qualifying Town Councils:

https://www.citibank.com.sg/global_docs/pdf/Qualifying_Town_Councils.pdf

Note that the list above has some old town council names.

Eg. MOULMEIN- KALLANG TOWN COUNCIL

There was a forumer who complained that this TC has ceased to exist and changed name. Thus, Citi may end up not recognizing the newly named TC and not give the max rebate

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/115299408-post409.html

kjtdkjtd

Reaction score
There's a one bill promo by Citibank now. You can link your Citi card to automatically pay. The promo is a $20 credit to your card if you link at least one account and perform one transaction of certain amount.

is it possible to pay town council bill via cc at axs or sam machine

heng_ah

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There's a one bill promo by Citibank now. You can link your Citi card to automatically pay. The promo is a $20 credit to your card if you link at least one account and perform one transaction of certain amount.

Where's your source?

chiokcc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I believed the promo could be a targeted one, ie. it is only for those who received mailer from Citibank.

I received before, and the link provided in the email looks like a unique one which lead me to a page with some of my particulars already inside. And then, I might be wrong ....

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
citi smrt going to exclude town council transactions based on their new tnc, anyone can recommend of any cc with cashback?

Switched from uob one to citi smrt and now same exclusion happening again:(

JetStorm

Reaction score
If too leceh can also charge the town council bill as a giro to fulfil part of uob one requirements.

Sent from Samsung SM-G950F using GAGT

Kixon9

Reaction score
Got link? I'm using citi smrt currently

citi smrt going to exclude town council transactions based on their new tnc, anyone can recommend of any cc with cashback?

Switched from uob one to citi smrt and now same exclusion happening again:(

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got link? I'm using citi smrt currently

Refer to this for a summary of the changes to citibank TnC https://milelion.com/2018/08/08/big-changes-coming-to-citibank-credit-cards-from-4-october/

Town council bill charged to citi smrt card via one bill will still be eligible for rebate, unless this feature is removed from the card benefits. Will have to see if there are changes to the citi smrt card website come 4 oct.

Kixon9

Reaction score

royalmix

Master Member
Reaction score
oct 4 is a generic tnc change which affect all related citi cc.

smrt cc has its own specific tnc which offers rebate for one bill (which includes town council). For this to be excluded, they have to issue specific smrt cc tnc changes which they did not. So not excluded.

Interprete tncs properly!

copied from another thread

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.