Xiaomi Pocophone F1

kevpaang

Reaction score
All were in awe of the cheap price and many dont even play games extensively that might show the problem :/
Hmm...daily usage seems ok for me but it's coming to gaming then I can tell. The lag could be pretty bad...especially when there is a Kar 98 with silencer n a 8x scope lingering around. 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:

Hailgod

Master Member
Reaction score
I have brought this issue up before however there were a few replies clearing the doubt.

the problems with the display are only occuring in the indian models. apparently there are issues with their manufacturing there.

The global sets shouldnt be affected.

eddy0505

Reaction score
The three finger screenshot gesture fix the issue for ghost touch issues. Mine is delay/latency issues and touch not registering. There seems to be quite a number of people having the same problems as well on the miui forum.

Really disappointed. It would have been a perfect phone if there isn't any touch issues.

experience the same issue as you when playing AOV as well. dont think its software issue though.

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My case arrived.. Left 5D full tempered glass.. At singpost hope to get today.

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://www.reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/comments/9df99r/selling_my_poco_f1_because_of_its_bugs/

Selling My Poco F1 because of it's bugs

The Problem:

• Multitouch issue - Some are reporting it as "frame drop", some as "touch is a bit moved" and some have experienced "inaccuracy in the multi touch control".
  • Touch is not responsive but lags at times.
  • Bleeding effect - Even Redmi Note 3 devices had it, but the number of device affected is very much.
  • With every new update, we get more bugs than bug fixes.
  • Display rendering problem - try searching something on google, when there are lots of graphics on the screen, say image results and video results, the screen will flicker.

experience the same issue as you when playing AOV as well. dont think its software issue though.

Hmm...daily usage seems ok for me but it's coming to gaming then I can tell. The lag could be pretty bad...especially when there is a Kar 98 with silencer n a 8x scope lingering around. 🤣🤣🤣

Yeah I saw that Reddit thread a few days back. Did not expect it to be so serious until I experience it firsthand.

All were in awe of the cheap price and many dont even play games extensively that might show the problem :/

That probably explains why some users said that they don't experience the problems. In this case, they are not wrong either.

Usually any device will show its limit when undergoing load testing and gaming is a 'fun' way to load test which I also personally do to devices in the course of my work previously.

So the problems that users are experiencing seems to be due to load. I'm now just wondering if it can be resolved by a firmware update in future. However, if it is a design flaw, then any firmware updates will not resolve the root of the problem.

tanchoo1

Master Member
Reaction score
watched all three already. your personal unit no issues? bleed or touch?

Sent from Xiaomi POCOPHONE F1 using GAGT
No issues at all for me.

I also saw videos of people playing pubg on max settings without any issues.

BERSERK1980

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To all the complain kings, if you wanna sell your lousy buggy Pocophone F1 cheap to me, I'll buy. Offer $50. :s13:

How old are you? Behaving like a kid protecting his toys. Its a legit problem to be addressed for the good of pocophones's future.

tanchoo1

Master Member
Reaction score
That probably explains why some users said that they don't experience the problems. In this case, they are not wrong either.

Usually any device will show its limit when undergoing load testing and gaming is a 'fun' way to load test which I also personally do to devices in the course of my work previously.

So the problems that users are experiencing seems to be due to load. I'm now just wondering if it can be resolved by a firmware update in future. However, if it is a design flaw, then any firmware updates will not resolve the root of the problem.
Did someone say it appears to be (partially) resolved in miui 10 beta or those who used custom ROMs? If that's the case, it's likely to be a software issue.

jace88

Reaction score
After using my Pocophone F1 for nearly a week, I've found two key issues with it.

1. IR Face Unlock
Not a deal-breaker since fingerprint is still there but it's really inconsistent compared to my iPhone X's face ID. It has trouble identifying me if I wear glasses vs not despite updating the face settings data. More often than not I'll get the not recognised message and it's now faster for me to just to use fingerprint.

My guess is it's because the Poco's face recognition is just a bit more basic. For example, the initial setup process feels very 'limited' in how much it captures (it literally just asks you to look at the camera and takes a photo!) vs the iPhone X requiring you to rotate your face in different angles so it can see more.

2. GPS instability
As an avid Pokemon Go player, the "GPS signal not found (11)" error coming up at least once every five minutes or so is quite annoying as due to the game's anti-cheating system presumably, it blocks me from playing. In the time it took me to type this post (I type at 150wpm), I've had the error pop up 3 times (now 4 actually). Surprisingly this wasn't an issue on my Xiaomi Mi Max.

Other than this, I'm really enjoying the phone. There are some slight oddities in the UI design such as the camera buttons/menus don't rotate when you hold the phone horizontally (up to 6 GPS not found now!).

1c3_5n0w

Reaction score
Did someone say it appears to be (partially) resolved in miui 10 beta or those who used custom ROMs? If that's the case, it's likely to be a software issue.
me. i said and i saw on forums idk which one reddit or xda but someone said the touch issue is partially addressed, maybe its because 3 finger gesture is entire fixed (in the case of miui10) or eliminated (arb roms)

Sent from Xiaomi MI A1 using GAGT

FinalTidus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After using my Pocophone F1 for nearly a week, I've found two key issues with it.

1. IR Face Unlock
Not a deal-breaker since fingerprint is still there but it's really inconsistent compared to my iPhone X's face ID. It has trouble identifying me if I wear glasses vs not despite updating the face settings data. More often than not I'll get the not recognised message and it's now faster for me to just to use fingerprint.

My guess is it's because the Poco's face recognition is just a bit more basic. For example, the initial setup process feels very 'limited' in how much it captures (it literally just asks you to look at the camera and takes a photo!) vs the iPhone X requiring you to rotate your face in different angles so it can see more.

2. GPS instability
As an avid Pokemon Go player, the "GPS signal not found (11)" error coming up at least once every five minutes or so is quite annoying as due to the game's anti-cheating system presumably, it blocks me from playing. In the time it took me to type this post (I type at 150wpm), I've had the error pop up 3 times (now 4 actually). Surprisingly this wasn't an issue on my Xiaomi Mi Max.

Other than this, I'm really enjoying the phone. There are some slight oddities in the UI design such as the camera buttons/menus don't rotate when you hold the phone horizontally (up to 6 GPS not found now!).

Strange. I don't face the face unlock problem.

In fact I found the face unlock to be very impressive. Unlocks really fast even in total darkness.

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

me. i said and i saw on forums idk which one reddit or xda but someone said the touch issue is partially addressed, maybe its because 3 finger gesture is entire fixed (in the case of miui10) or eliminated (arb roms)

Sent from Xiaomi MI A1 using GAGT

That's what I'm concerned about. Design flaws can always be fixed partially by firmware or software but it will never be fixed at the root. In other words, you'll get a very light flu for life but not a bad flu like it first started.

I wouldn't be worried if it's not a design flaw in the phone because other problems can be resolved easily.

jace88

Reaction score
Strange. I don't face the face unlock problem.

In fact I found the face unlock to be very impressive. Unlocks really fast even in total darkness.

Day/night is consistent due to the use of IR sensors (ie not dependent on visible light) but more just it can't handle deviations such as glasses, or me rubbing my nose in the middle of the scan (vs iPhone X which seems fine).

Not a dealbreaker but face unlock on Poco just feels a bit half assed.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.