OCBC Titanium Mastercard

biodraft

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi OCBC,

May I confirm again that buying things like lamps and other electronic household appliances at Ikea will give me 10x points even though Ikea's MCC is not classified under the eligible category for 10x points

KingofEDMW

Reaction score
Hi OCBC!

My July 9x OCBC$ has some discrepancy. It is lesser than what I had calculated. I made almost all transactions through google pay which means i should get 9x OCBC$

silverbomb

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi both,

Purchases made at Singtel or other Telco will not be eligible for 10X OCBC$.

^DG

hi OCBC, can elaborate abit here as compared to the Ikea scenario.

you mention if purchasing electronic items at Ikea, it can be 10X points and if not given you can write in with the receipt showing the item purchased.

why don't you award 10X points for purchase iPhone which is a electronic item? i undstd if custs are using it to pay for accessories or other misc items in the telco shop is not 10X surely, but iPhones/device purchase not considered for electronics?

do clear the air here.

fatalerror11

Reaction score

you mention if purchasing electronic items at Ikea, it can be 10X points and if not given you can write in with the receipt showing the item purchased.

why don't you award 10X points for purchase iPhone which is a electronic item? i undstd if custs are using it to pay for accessories or other misc items in the telco shop is not 10X surely, but iPhones/device purchase not considered for electronics?

do clear the air here.

Will like to understand this as well

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi OCBC,

May I confirm again that buying things like lamps and other electronic household appliances at Ikea will give me 10x points even though Ikea's MCC is not classified under the eligible category for 10x points

Hi biodraft,

That is right. If you do not receive the 10X OCBC$ automatically for your eligible purchases by the end of the following month, do drop us a private message.

^DG

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi OCBC!

My July 9x OCBC$ has some discrepancy. It is lesser than what I had calculated. I made almost all transactions through google pay which means i should get 9x OCBC$

Hi there,

Please drop us a private message with your contact number. We will arrange for our service executive to call and assist you with your OCBC$ calculation, and to check on the discrepancy.

^DG

biodraft

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi biodraft,

That is right. If you do not receive the 10X OCBC$ automatically for your eligible purchases by the end of the following month, do drop us a private message.

^DG
I believe Mustsfa MCC is not catagorised under the eligible category too. If I buy a tv from Mustafa, technically I should be receiving 10X too right?

Same concept as Ikea.

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi biodraft,

^DG

How does OCBC know how much of a card transaction is for electronic items or non-electronic item? Such info isn't and shouldn't be made known to the bank right?

kashanai

Reaction score
Hi OCBC, can reply this

do clear the air here.

silverbomb

Master Member
Reaction score

do clear the air here.

Hi biodraft,

^DG

Hi OCBC, you have not addressed my query but answered another Ikea question for another member. Please clarify as I am sure many here are looking to this clarity and explanation, where we are looking with reference to your example for Ikea electronics purchases.

Last edited:

wwee01

Reaction score
Hi OCBC,

If I was to purchase a iphone on the Apple store app with Apple Pay option, am I still able to get 10x OCBC$

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Will like to understand this as well

Does OCBC consider handphones to be electronics or gadgets for appeal? :s22:

How does OCBC know how much of a card transaction is for electronic items or non-electronic item? Such info isn't and shouldn't be made known to the bank right?

Hi OCBC, can reply this

Hi OCBC, you have not addressed my query but answered another Ikea question for another member. Please clarify as I am sure many here are looking to this clarity and explanation, where we are looking with reference to your example for Ikea electronics purchases.

Hi all,

In general, 10x OCBC$ will be awarded on the eligible MCCs and purchases from Telcos do not qualify as such.

Transactions made are automatically categorised according to the Merchant Category Code (MCC) of the store, and the MCC determines whether the transaction is eligible for additional rewards.

Transactions made in eligible categories from merchants with ineligible MCC such as Ikea is an exception & we apologise but we will not be able to extend the additional OCBC$ for purchases made at Telcos.

Buying an iPhone from Telcos will not receive 10x OCBC$ as they are not in the list of eligible categories and MCCs, they are classified as telecommunications.

^CC

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.