Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

suuhhc

Reaction score
Hi, I'm trying to get a digital box for my aunt. This is the recommended one? Should be user-friendly enough for senior citizens right?

DRACO HDT2-7700 + DSC250 DVB-T2 DIGITAL TV RECEIVER BUNDLE WITH ANTENNA

It is pretty straight forward once u set it up :)

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's my line of thought but can only verify once I get my set, or fellow members who has successfully rec'd the two country broadcast.

Yes, I'm aware of the caveat as it has been flagged many times;) in this thread. Tat's why I mentioned my current situation of ability to rec'd analogue from the two countries.

If you can receive TV1 & TV2 now, you may not receive malaysia's DTV because of higher frequencies used.

If you can receive TV3 now, then the chance is very high.

Streetwise

Reaction score
If you can receive TV1 & TV2 now, you may not receive malaysia's DTV because of higher frequencies used.

If you can receive TV3 now, then the chance is very high.

Ur answer intrigue me. TV1 and TV2 DTV transmit in higher frequency; does tat mean the current Draco/NMS range do not cater to the higher frequencies?

Yes, I can rec'd TV3 in analogue. Good to know there is a high chance of rec'ving when on digital.

Thanks much for sharing.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ur answer intrigue me. TV1 and TV2 DTV transmit in higher frequency; does tat mean the current Draco/NMS range do not cater to the higher frequencies?

Yes, I can rec'd TV3 in analogue. Good to know there is a high chance of rec'ving when on digital.

Thanks much for sharing.

There is error about tv3 in my earlier message.

tv1 tv2 tv3 analog channels are using VHF, which has longer range.

dtv is using UHF, which has short range and easily obstructed by terrain or building.

at the moment, malaysia has 8TV and TV9 analog channels operating in UHF band, if you can receive them, then you have high chance of receiving DTV using the same antenna.

dexter9898

Reaction score
how can power inserter boost signal? it just supply dc power.

DC power is to drive the integrated signal amplifier inside the active antenna. Pry open your active antenna and you will see a small circuit board inside.

There are cases where the RF signals are so strong in the house that there is no need to use power inserter to drive the amplifier and boost the RF signals anymore. This is where the cheap $2 antenna can work better.

Last edited:

Streetwise

Reaction score
There is error about tv3 in my earlier message.

tv1 tv2 tv3 analog channels are using VHF, which has longer range.

dtv is using UHF, which has short range and easily obstructed by terrain or building.

at the moment, malaysia has 8TV and TV9 analog channels operating in UHF band, if you can receive them, then you have high chance of receiving DTV using the same antenna.

Thanks for the information. This helps me in aligning my expectation.

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
Yes, I'm aware of the caveat as it has been flagged many times;) in this thread. Tat's why I mentioned my current situation of ability to rec'd analogue from the two countries.

So, looks like Draco box is the way to go.

I can receive analogue all the main MY channels + SCTV and RCTI ;)

mamboeidos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bought a setup box from lazada but connect to TV the screen was shaking all the way zzzzz.... got any gd n reliable box I can get from lazada?

Posted from PCWX using SM-N960F

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bought a setup box from lazada but connect to TV the screen was shaking all the way zzzzz.... got any gd n reliable box I can get from lazada?

Link to the actual STB? If confirmed faulty box, can always return back and get refund.

THFC78

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For those who still has not switched to digital tv, the screen size for those on analog TV will be shrink from next monday onwards.......

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For those who still has not switched to digital tv, the screen size for those on analog TV will be shrink from next monday onwards.......

Shrink as in how? :eek:

edit: oh found out how they shrink the visual liao
digital-tv--squeeze-back-.jpg

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/a-reminder-to-singapore-households-switch-to-digital-tv-10693154

Posted from PCWX using SONY SUMIRE

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.