Guide to SPF Enlistment

Starbarks!

Reaction score
Based on what I heard from a friend in ProCom, I suggest if you want more "action" join TransCom since they rack up a large number of arrests as ProCom patrols are mostly uneventful according to my friend.

Hopefully this helps you come to a decision. All the best!

My bro got posted to his 1st choice TransCom recently. I understand that there were only 2 from his squad got posted there successfully. Majorities got posted to Procom & other vocations!

ClearlyCryptic

Reaction score
My bro got posted to his 1st choice TransCom recently. I understand that there were only 2 from his squad got posted there successfully. Majorities got posted to Procom & other vocations!

Your bro is quite lucky then, ProCom is the largest unit with NSFs since it was originally the KINS unit. Hence, a lot of NSFs get posted there.

Starbarks!

Reaction score
Your bro is quite lucky then, ProCom is the largest unit with NSFs since it was originally the KINS unit. Hence, a lot of NSFs get posted there.
Not merely by luck lah bro! It also depends on the order of choice, individual performance, psychrometric test & CM's recommendation. He got first in all his law tests & his CM very happy mah haha..

moneyboy6321

Reaction score
Let you all know first, I going to enlist on October 9. My instinct tells me that I will enter into OCS

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Government just like to make thing complicated!

In SAF rank, 3SG (lowest) / 2SG / 1SG (highest) is a rank.

Old SPF rank for regular, CPL (Direct entry for ITE & below) / SGT (Direct entry for Poly Dip & GCE A) / SSGT

New SPF rank for regular, SGT (1) (Replace CPL for regular for Direct entry for ITE & below) / SGT (2) (Replace SGT for regular for Direct entry for Poly Dip & GCE A) / SGT (3) (Replace SSGT).

So new SPF, from SGT (1) (lowest) to SGT (3) (highest), their rank is still fall under SGT but in different grade like SAF Officer & WO or SPF Senior Officer have 2 grade in each rank. The only complicated part is SGT (3)belong to SGT rank but consider as equal to SSG (SAF) since old rank in SPF is SSGT.

The government actually revamped the ranking structure 2 years ago. But unlike the army, SGT (1) is the lowest rank, and SGT (3) is the highest rank.

There is no sgt 1 or 2 in SPF, only in SAF

Parmesean

Reaction score
Let you all know first, I going to enlist on October 9. My instinct tells me that I will enter into OCS

Are you enlisting into SPF, or Army. In the SPF, it isn't called OCS, it's called OCT Course. And if you are enlisting into SPF, it is very difficult to get into the OCT course, as each intake only has about 5-6 people that make it. You have to get close to max score for IPPT, your shooting has to also be too notch, and you have to be well liked by your squad mates.

Parmesean

Reaction score
Government just like to make thing complicated!

In SAF rank, 3SG (lowest) / 2SG / 1SG (highest) is a rank.

Old SPF rank for regular, CPL (Direct entry for ITE & below) / SGT (Direct entry for Poly Dip & GCE A) / SSGT

New SPF rank for regular, SGT (1) (Replace CPL for regular for Direct entry for ITE & below) / SGT (2) (Replace SGT for regular for Direct entry for Poly Dip & GCE A) / SGT (3) (Replace SSGT).

So new SPF, from SGT (1) (lowest) to SGT (3) (highest), their rank is still fall under SGT but in different grade like SAF Officer & WO or SPF Senior Officer have 2 grade in each rank. The only complicated part is SGT (3)belong to SGT rank but consider as equal to SSG (SAF) since old rank in SPF is SSGT.

Thank you for the detailed explanation.

koicafex

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

cos we taking over all the event jobs so SOC can focus on riots etc
so we need more manpower
now every intake got around 90 nsf come :s13:

transcom do more arrest cos they scan alot of ppl
and that's where most of the arrest comes from as well tbh

moneyboy6321

Reaction score
Are you enlisting into SPF, or Army. In the SPF, it isn't called OCS, it's called OCT Course. And if you are enlisting into SPF, it is very difficult to get into the OCT course, as each intake only has about 5-6 people that make it. You have to get close to max score for IPPT, your shooting has to also be too notch, and you have to be well liked by your squad mates.
I enlisting in the SPF. As you mention, it seems like the requirements is easy to qualify

Power Is Scarce

Reaction score
Does no one know of AOFI role and whether it's good or not? Like I searched everywhere but no mention of that vocation. :(

moneyboy6321

Reaction score
Is there a lot of foot drills to learn? Is it the same as those students who have learn in NPCC during secondary school?

Parmesean

Reaction score
Is there a lot of foot drills to learn? Is it the same as those students who have learn in NPCC during secondary school?

Definitely some similarities, those who come from UGs tend to have an advantage when it comes to drill at first, but after confinement, all should be caught up to speed on the basics.

Wonderstruck

Reaction score
Any skills I should learn now or anything I should try to get used to now at home? 1 month away from my enlistment on 9 October... But I'm quite a pampered/spoilt child so I almost never do any housework, so quite scared and think I will struggle at HTA...

Anything I should try to learn/get used to now? Any advice? Eg. Shower with cold water/hand washing clothes

Get used to people shouting at you everywhere you go:)

Wonderstruck

Reaction score
I enlisting in the SPF. As you mention, it seems like the requirements is easy to qualify

Its amazing how you think you're liked by people but hey whats wrong with a little confidence? Go for it. We support you, tell us some stories while you're at it.

Wonderstruck

Reaction score
Come to think of it. It's not as bad as the boys in green in BMT. But I have friends in the SPF hating on their bpt but loves their unit. Not do much for guys in green who hate BMT and their unit. Plus if you diploma/a levels can auto become sergeant. Green boys not 100% garuntee

This auto sgt thing has been removed quite some time ago already.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.