[REVIEW] My SGD $19.55 K3 DVB-T2 TV Box

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows what is the USB drive's maximum capacity that this set can accept? :o

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
AFAIK, should be 2TB, although I only tested up to 500GB drive.

I see, thanks. Should be enough for me liao, since it's just a single tuner single recording.

I tried recording a 10 min clip, it's around 600MB. So 1 hour will be around 3.6GB.

Planning to put in a 128GB thumb drive.

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Is there a 3rd party remote controller that can control this box and still control the basic functions of a TV (like power on/off, volume up/down, AV mode)?

I know learning remote sure can, but there should also be cheaper ones that already have code pages hardwritten into the remote liao rite?

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is there a 3rd party remote controller that can control this box and still control the basic functions of a TV (like power on/off, volume up/down, AV mode)?

I know learning remote sure can, but there should also be cheaper ones that already have code pages hardwritten into the remote liao rite?

Yes, there is, try look for similar remote as this one. The price has gone up by double, I paid like less than $4 beginning of this year.

One thing to take note of is the learning mode can be frustrating to use as it can require multiple tries in order to work.

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The re-ordering happened at random, even on newer firmware release, I had to stick to a older version. Perhaps it's fixed in the firmware that comes with your STB.

K2 box also got this issue too.

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Nope, this one cannot as it is simply a replacement of the original controller.

Lazada got cheap one mah, like this one.

So this one is the one that can both control the K3 box and the simple functions of the TV? :o

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So this one is the one that can both control the K3 box and the simple functions of the TV? :o

Yup, control TV power on/off, volume +/- and AV on the TV side which is similar to what NMS remote control does.

Worked on both K2 and K3 and many others PRC made STB.

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Yup, control TV power on/off, volume +/- and AV on the TV side which is similar to what NMS remote control does.

Worked on both K2 and K3 and many others PRC made STB.

Thank you! Gonna buy soon. :o

I also thinking of buying another K3 for recording purposes. :o

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
This is my K3's remote controller. Anyone knows what functions do the buttons in between the Power button and the Mute button do?

Is it possible that this controller is a universal controller that can control the TV?

ARop97x.jpg

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is my K3's remote controller. Anyone knows what functions do the buttons in between the Power button and the Mute button do?

Is it possible that this controller is a universal controller that can control the TV?< image link removed >

I recall one of our fellow HWZer brought a "universal" remote and was given this instead. It doesn't work and got the seller to refund back payment.

In short, don't think the 2 buttons serve any purpose at least not for the K3.

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I recall one of our fellow HWZer brought a "universal" remote and was given this instead. It doesn't work and got the seller to refund back payment.

In short, don't think the 2 buttons serve any purpose at least not for the K3.

I see.... in that case I shall be patient and wait for the delivery of the universal remote that I ordered from your recommendation of the Lazada listing. :o

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Nope, this one cannot as it is simply a replacement of the original controller.

Lazada got cheap one mah, like this one.

Wah I received the item for this one, it's not as advertised. The controller is exactly that of the K3/K2, without the separate power buttons for TV and DVB-T2. :s22:

I'm initiating a return liao. :s22:

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah I received the item for this one, it's not as advertised. The controller is exactly that of the K3/K2, without the separate power buttons for TV and DVB-T2. :s22:

I'm initiating a return liao. :s22:

Found the post regarding someone having the same remote as your here.

I guessed the remote you have now also work on the K3 just that it has 2 additional buttons. Not sure how this RMA going to work out, do keep us in the loop.

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Found the post regarding someone having the same remote as your here.

I guessed the remote you have now also work on the K3 just that it has 2 additional buttons. Not sure how this RMA going to work out, do keep us in the loop.

Yah it has to work, since it's exactly the same as the remote controller I got in the K3 package:

ARop97x.jpg

Anyway Lazada gave a positive reply, refunding me the money without the need for me to return the item. So I have a spare, but this indeed isn't what I wanted. I still want a single universal remote that can control both the TV and the STB. :o

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.