[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
spiderman is good.
but overhyped....and kinda short

spiderman vs dq i would choose dq....but this is only after i finished spiderman....
if given a choice, i would stil lbuy spiderman cus u will only know it's meh after playing it for hours

Prefer akrham series.

Sent from Single is not a status. It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone. using GAGT

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
I have a 4k tv, but if I go 4k on the PS4 pro, the FPS will drop to 30 if I’m not wrong.
If the pro needs to output in 4k resolution, often games with good graphics can have difficulties keeping up, so they have some techniques (like checkerboarding, dynamic resolution). Usually newer games (released after pro was out) have different modes for you to choose -- you want better graphics but lower fps (like 30), or you want higher fps (like 60) but graphics slightly lowered, etc. So you can ask the game to prioritise on fps.

Also, you can change the ps4 video output setting, change it to 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p if you want, instead of automatic (hdmi detects the 4k tv that you have). So the games will assume your tv is 1080p and render for that (thus giving you higher fps), and let your tv do the upscaling.

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Dq is cheaper and more game lenght out of it.. I will have chose dq over Spiderman. Only get spiderman when there is sale and complete edition

Sent from Single is not a status. It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone. using GAGT

maggigoreng

Reaction score
FIFA 19 demo was out last night and I have to admit that the graphics and the players look amazing. The timed finishes also added a certain difficulty to scoring a goal.

lordlad0

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have a 4k tv, but if I go 4k on the PS4 pro, the FPS will drop to 30 if I’m not wrong. Never purchase a ps before, was thinking of getting this because Spider-Man is my fav superhero lol.
Should I buy from lazada or qisahn ah?
most games are 30fps regardless.....

there are not many games that switched to 60fps from 30fps due to pro (off-hand i can think of are only Nioh and Shadow of the colossus remake).

I have a pro (and an OG PS4) because the money spent is negligible to me but if you have a budget and not really that specific on 4k, that a slim really is enough.

hunt around lazada to get deals together with coupons.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Japan sales number, Spider-man sold over 125,000 in its debut week, 2.7x that of God of War which sold 46,000.

Looks like it's going strong.

lordlad0

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dq is cheaper and more game lenght out of it.. I will have chose dq over Spiderman. Only get spiderman when there is sale and complete edition

this type of thinking where quantity (game length) over quality is something i cannot abide or agree with...

it's like saying 'might as well use $30 to buy 6 big macs since there's alot of meat than a single piece of premium sirloin'.

Not saying DQ is bad game as compared to spider-man but both games are apple and oranges. If you want to make recommendations based on your preference of the nature of the game itself (JRPG vs open world actionadventure), then it's completely valid. But you are want to make recommendation because one game is longer than another, then that's a complete moot opinion.

Is The Lord of The Rings extended edition a better movie than the godfather as it's longer as a movie, thus more 'movie' for your buck?

Art (including games, movies and music and books) should not be judged based on their quantity (length).

networked

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I will get dq eventually or on sale. Cant really get into on 3ds and ps2 last time on its outdated and boring game play.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
this type of thinking where quantity (game length) over quality is something i cannot abide or agree with...

it's like saying 'might as well use $30 to buy 6 big macs since there's alot of meat than a single piece of premium sirloin'.

Not saying DQ is bad game as compared to spider-man but both games are apple and oranges. If you want to make recommendations based on your preference of the nature of the game itself (JRPG vs open world actionadventure), then it's completely valid. But you are want to make recommendation because one game is longer than another, then that's a complete moot opinion.

Is The Lord of The Rings extended edition a better movie than the godfather as it's longer as a movie, thus more 'movie' for your buck?

Art (including games, movies and music and books) should not be judged based on their quantity (length).

I use the 30 dollars to go for meat buffet instead of buying 6 big Mac.

I understand what you saying bro. i'm not making recommendations.. just say what I will do if given that scenario.

if both genre I like, I have to use other factors such as price, game length to be the tie winner.

for me no rush in getting spider-man. I will get it eventually just not now. im waiting for all the dlcs to be released and the goty/definitive/ complete/compilation edition to be released then buy.

i'm glad I didn't buy shadow of war during release.. now the definitive edition with all the dlcs are gonna be releasing in 1/2 months time with a cheaper price

short game also got advantages, quickly complete and plat and sell the game and get most of your money back to fund for other games.

Lord of the rings extended trilogy is better movie than Godfather not because of the length, its because Godfather is a snooze fest to me.
bottom line.

if you are impatient just buy on day of release. if can wait, like me loh wait a year later then buy the complete package.

each to his own.

Last edited:

google69

Reaction score

100% agreed

i would rather spend money on a short and sweet quality game with replayabilty rather than a 30+ hour okay-ish game that is padded with filler to artificially extend game length(not saying DQ11 is one, but u get what i mean)

qwertified

Reaction score
TBH i would use the $30 for 5 plates of boneless chicken rice from the stall below my office that can last me 5 days, but thats just me.

Anyway, the game's max length doesn't mean that much if you don't have the interest to finish it. Say a game has max length of 100 hrs. What if you play 15 hrs sian alrdy? Then the game is shelved for who knows how long. Then effectively the game is only worth 15 hrs (or much less, considering it didn't interest you enough to finish it therefore it can be seen as a waste of time starting to play it in the first place).

This can easily be the case for most rpgs, so the max length doesn't really mean much to me. As long as it has 10 hrs at least its worth enough, its about the same rate as movie tickets already. Extreme cases like the order 1886 for example i would definitely not buy on day 1.

Last edited:

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
having played both dq11 and spider-man, i will buy spider-man 1st and finish it then buy dq. for me i feel spider-man is a better game than batman.

also having played shadow of war, you can skip the dlcs unless you are the type of gamer that must finish playing all dlcs. the 2 dlcs are less than an hour and are minor chars. shadow of war last part alot of repetitive grinding for orcs.

qwertified

Reaction score
As for shadow of war... dlc or not, i wouldn't buy it regardless, the game just don't interest me after the 1 hr mark or so. I refunded it via steam right away. Again thats just me.

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
As for shadow of war... dlc or not, i wouldn't buy it regardless, the game just don't interest me after the 1 hr mark or so. I refunded it via steam right away. Again thats just me.

I like the 1st game that's why I got interest in the 2nd game.

You seems like didn't play the 1st game.

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
having played both dq11 and spider-man, i will buy spider-man 1st and finish it then buy dq. for me i feel spider-man is a better game than batman.

also having played shadow of war, you can skip the dlcs unless you are the type of gamer that must finish playing all dlcs. the 2 dlcs are less than an hour and are minor chars. shadow of war last part alot of repetitive grinding for orcs.

that time I bought horizon zero dawn. I plat the vanilia version and sold it.. then news of the dlc announced. Eventually completed edition was released. Reluctant to pay the full price just to play the expansion at that time. I think as of now the price has dropped, I might buy that game and play from scratch

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I like the 1st game that's why I got interest in the 2nd game.

You seems like didn't play the 1st game.

i played both 1st and 2nd game. can say the 2nd game is not as good as 1st one. 2nd one alot of repetitive grinding which is a pain.

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
TBH i would use the $30 for 5 plates of boneless chicken rice from the stall below my office that can last me 5 days, but thats just me.

Anyway, the game's max length doesn't mean that much if you don't have the interest to finish it. Say a game has max length of 100 hrs. What if you play 15 hrs sian alrdy? Then the game is shelved for who knows how long. Then effectively the game is only worth 15 hrs (or much less, considering it didn't interest you enough to finish it therefore it can be seen as a waste of time starting to play it in the first place).

This can easily be the case for most rpgs, so the max length doesn't really mean much to me. As long as it has 10 hrs at least its worth enough, its about the same rate as movie tickets already. Extreme cases like the order 1886 for example i would definitely not buy on day 1.

Order 1886. I complete and plat the game in less than 5 hours. That's gotta be the Most not value for money game I ever bought.. the game Is quality but it's too short. If I have known it's that short I definitely wouldn't have bought at release. I sold the game to get most of the money back.

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
i played both 1st and 2nd game. can say the 2nd game is not as good as 1st one. 2nd one alot of repetitive grinding which is a pain.

So I'm going to be in the world of disappointment then?

kennerv

Master Member
Reaction score
FIFA 19 demo was out last night and I have to admit that the graphics and the players look amazing. The timed finishes also added a certain difficulty to scoring a goal.
I dl fifa19 and pes19 to try. Only played before winning eleven on ps2, I can't get used to the controls in fifa.

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So I'm going to be in the world of disappointment then?

maybe you might like it maybe you might not. for me i don't really like the grinding part. story wise its more on nazgul. there won't be part 3 based on the ending.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.