ST Engineering *Official* (SGX: S63)

Litmuss

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How come no one looking at this? Today bloodbath for STI but this one still can unfinish unchanged.

SBC

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dividend announcement is still quite far away.

More likely defensive stocks are favored.

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
ST Engineering taps US tech firm to develop driverless transport system in Singapore

ST Engineering taps US tech firm to develop driverless transport system in Singapore

https://sbr.com.sg/transport-logist...ch-firm-develop-driverless-transport-system-i

They will address the gap as most self-driving vehicles are focused on the sensor hardware and onboard software.

ST Engineering partnered with US-based transportation technology firm rideOS to step up the deployment of an integrated autonomous transport system in Singapore, an announcement revealed.

“Singapore is uniquely positioned to bring self-driving vehicles to the world, thanks to its Smart Nation vision—urban planning initiatives which include “car-lite” new towns with self-driving transport options,” rideOS CEO and co-founder Justin Ho commented.

The firms will utilise their products for a framework such as a constraint-based routing and self-driving bus technology to create a Next Generation Traffic Control System for driverless vehicles.

“With integral aspects of a robust and efficient infrastructure already in place, the city makes for an ideal testbed for the roll-out of autonomous transportation systems,” Ho added.

rideOS will power ST Engineering’s autonomous bus pilot through software products a real-time autonomous vehicle routing, estimated time of arrival (ETA) calculations, dispatch services, supply positioning, multi-rider trip planning, and fleet management dashboards.

ST Engineering noted that the system will enable the operation of on-demand fleets of human-operated and self-driving transport services by covering fleet management cloud services, vehicle technology, and both technological and physical infrastructure

For its part, ST Engineering will utilise its cybersecurity expertise, platform-agnostic AV kit, Autonomous Vehicle Management System, and Smart City traffic infrastructure for operationalising autonomous platforms safely in urbanised, mixed traffic environments.

“The combination of our expertise in this global collaborative framework means that we are closer than ever to completing the full AV stack and realising a driverless world.” ST Engineering land systems sector president Dr. Lee Shiang Long said.

ST Engineering believes that the partnership will address the industry gap where most efforts for self-driving vehicles are eyeing on the sensor hardware and onboard software that enable autonomy.

In line with the collaboration, rideOS CEO and co-founder Justin Ho thinks that the framework still needs to partner with governments, technology providers and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs).

kehyi4

Reaction score
https://www.straitstimes.com/business/companies-markets/st-engineering-q2-profit-up-10-to-1175m

ST Engineering Q2 profit up 10% to $117.5m

SINGAPORE - Singapore Technologies Engineering (ST Engineering)reported on Wednesday (Aug 8) a rise in its second quarter net profit despite a small drop in revenue for the period.

Profit attributable to shareholders rose 10 per cent to $117.5 million from $106.8 million a year ago after a 3 per cent drop in revenue to $1.65 billion. The group attributed the fall in revenue to the absence of a one-time revenue increase for its electronics sector in the corresponding period last year from the modification of revenue recognition estimates from long-term contracts.

Earnings per share clocked in at 3.77 cents, up from 3.43 cents a year ago.

The group declared an unchanged interim dividend of five cents per share, which shareholders will receive on Aug 28, 2018.

Breaking it down sectorally, ST Engineering's aerospace sector posted a 15 per cent rise in net profit to $125.7 million on a 10 per cent increase in revenue to $1.31 billion, while earnings for its electronics division gained 23 per cent to $87 million on a 5 per cent rise in revenue to $1.12 billion.

For its land systems sector, net profit was up 10 per cent to $36 million, despite revenue falling 4 per cent to $551 million. The marine sector's net profit jumped 168 per cent to $17.9 million despite a 13 per cent dip in revenue to $298 million, which ST Engineering said was mainly due to lower allowance for doubtful debts.

"Our aerospace and electronics sectors delivered strong Q2 2018 earnings. Our order book remained robust at $13.4 billion, contributed by new orders including those in the Smart City spaces. On the whole, we are tracking well on our strategy of strengthening our core as well as actively pursuing growth opportunities in defence exports and Smart City projects," said ST Engineering's president and chief executive Vincent Chong.

The group's counter ended Tuesday trading up 0.89 per cent to $3.41.

kehyi4

Reaction score
https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/companies-markets/st-engineering-unit-to-acquire-ges-aircraft-part-manufacturer-for-us630m

ST Engineering unit to acquire GE's aircraft part manufacturer for US$630m
THU, SEP 13, 2018 - 8:00 PM

MAINBOARD-listed Singapore Technologies Engineering (ST Engineering) has agreed to acquire General Electric's MRA Systems, LLC (MRAS) in a deal that values the company at some US$630 million, the group announced on Thursday evening after market close.

ST Engineering's US subsidiary, Vision Technologies Aerospace, entered into the agreement on a "cash-free, debt-free basis", subject to closing adjustments for underfunded pension obligations, and other debt-like items.

Based in Baltimore, Maryland, US, MRAS is a manufacturer of engine nacelle systems. An engine nacelle is the casing that houses an aircraft engine, providing efficient aerodynamics during flight and thrust reversal capabilities.

The base purchase price of US$630 million for the deal translates into a multiple of 10 times MRAS’s earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (Ebitda), and 1.2 times MRAS's revenue for the 12-month period ended June 30, 2018.

After factoring in closing adjustments, the consideration for the proposed acquisition is estimated to be US$440 million. This will be funded by internal cash and external borrowings, and be fully paid in cash upon completion of the deal, ST Engineering said.

For the half-year ended June 30, MRAS's net profit stood at US$24.1 million.

The proposed acquisition is expected to be earnings accretive for the group and its aerospace sector, the group said.

As a single-source nacelles provider for the Airbus A320neo in partnership with Safran Nacelles, MRAS is in a strong position to benefit from A320neo fleet growth, which has 57 per cent of the current narrow-body aircraft orders, ST Engineering added.

Said president and CEO of ST Engineering, Vincent Chong: "ST Engineering keeps a constant lookout to acquire companies in our core business areas or adjacencies that will contribute profitable revenue streams and sharpen our competitive edge. We are excited by the prospects of our investment in MRAS, which is a high-value and complementary business that will enhance our scale, global reach and capture synergies for the group."

Subject to regulatory approvals, the deal is expected to be completed by the end of the first quarter next year.

Shares in ST Engineering closed at S$3.29 apiece on Thursday, up 0.3 per cent, or one Singapore cent before this announcement.

BeHappyLo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
today i dumped all my STE shares and took profits…… 2nd time i have done this………………………dun trust STE to execute it well.

DukeCS33

Reaction score
today i dumped all my STE shares and took profits…… 2nd time i have done this………………………dun trust STE to execute it well.

Where was your entry? I have been monitoring STE and looking to buy some for a long term portfolio.

BeHappyLo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Where was your entry? I have been monitoring STE and looking to buy some for a long term portfolio.

Pl read my posts in last few months of 2017……………….dumped all at around $3.77 and then re-bought at around $3.45………..hope my memory is correct………..anyway my posts are there.

BeHappyLo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pl read my posts in last few months of 2017……………….dumped all at around $3.77 and then re-bought at around $3.45………..hope my memory is correct………..anyway my posts are there.

this thread is SOOO long………….took me some time to retrieve my posts:-

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/stocks-shares-indices-92/st-engineering-%2Aofficial%2A-sgx-s63-5106778-7.html

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/stocks-shares-indices-92/st-engineering-%2Aofficial%2A-sgx-s63-5106778-6.html

DukeCS33

Reaction score

kehyi4

Reaction score
How will they fund? Rights?
https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/companies-markets/st-engineering-unit-to-acquire-ges-aircraft-part-manufacturer-for-us630m

After factoring in closing adjustments, the consideration for the proposed acquisition is estimated to be US$440 million. This will be funded by internal cash and external borrowings, and be fully paid in cash upon completion of the deal, ST Engineering said.

Milo-Dino

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

If I remember correctly, STE has $2-3b cash on balance sheet, they can easily pay up all cash for the deal

ok thanks.

haven't looked at their balance sheet in a long time.
just that when i saw the figure, instinctively i think of equity issue :s13:

endlssorrow

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Today abit busy
Agree with ur move

Next week hope it continue to rise for me to sell it away

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.