Considering to switch to Samsung

Status
Not open for further replies.

battledome64

Master Member
Reaction score
iPhone for the last 10 years and I think it’s time to give up this nasty habit of buying apples.

1) how is android security
2) is it easy to switch?
3) I dreamt of using Note 9

charleslin

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Security is mainly user issue, not that much of software.

Pretty easy to switch, in fact it's easier to switch around phones using Google services than Apple.

Try lo, nothing to lose, at most change back, it's not buying a house, anything can switch lol.

I would say it's a pretty ok time to try now, cause mid range phones from Android costing 50-70% of iPhone still performs close to 80% of iPhone so that is ok. (Not actual figures, but just an idea of how it is)

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Just do it.

it's your money.

no one knows how you use your phone. only you yourself knows.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
iPhone for the last 10 years and I think it’s time to give up this nasty habit of buying apples.

1) how is android security
2) is it easy to switch?
3) I dreamt of using Note 9

Bought a Note9 on 31/08 and currently using it as a secondary phone to my iPhone X. Good phone and using android needs some time to get used to it.

My main is still Apple and I'll continue to buy iPhones.

yamakazi51

Master Member
Reaction score
Stop revolving live around phone, beef up personal account securities with 2fas, don’t jailbreak, don’t install any suspicious 3rd party app outside the play store, you should be all set.

Kixon9

Reaction score
Though of switching to android too. paying over $2000 for a phone that lasts 2-3 years max just sounds exorbitant to me.

Can I still access my iCloud notes, calendar etc from an android phone?

Thesail61

Reaction score
Last couple of years most of my friends and colleagues went back to android (most went to Samsung). So far non has any regrets. I am one of the last few still using iPhone. I am keeping my iPhone 7 plus. Just sold my iPhone X (stiff prefer the touch ID). If apple is not coming back with touch ID, I will move to android once the 7 plus kapu.

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Last couple of years most of my friends and colleagues went back to android (most went to Samsung). So far non has any regrets. I am one of the last few still using iPhone. I am keeping my iPhone 7 plus. Just sold my iPhone X (stiff prefer the touch ID). If apple is not coming back with touch ID, I will move to android once the 7 plus kapu.
please go.

TouchID is not coming back. you can get it back from their latest Macbook Pro.

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Are you staying with Apple?

I feel Our Apple gang gonna be separated. Ie ex-Apple gang as the price is too exhorbitant
there's always iPhone 7/8/Xr unless you always want/need the latest or greatest.
there's a product for every price point.

if Xs/Xs Max is considered too expensive, perhaps you are not their target audience?

Asure7

Master Member
Reaction score
very easy to switch...
I switched fr iPhone to Samsung... and back to iPhone again.

Security-wise... Apple still better at that.
Actually just one aspect. If u lose your Android phone, regardless of password etc... the thief can easily bypass by flashing firmware.
You can't do that with iPhone w/o the Apple ID/pass that was used to set up the phone previously.
Maybe phones that ships with new Android version has that addressed... (i don't know)

Last edited:

Zaalaa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
money no issue. but people laugh at me... make me feel stupid...

i'm leaving apple too.

haylui

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Pretty easy to switch, in fact it's easier to switch around phones using Google services than Apple.

Try lo, nothing to lose, at most change back, it's not buying a house, anything can switch lol.

I would say it's a pretty ok time to try now, cause mid range phones from Android costing 50-70% of iPhone still performs close to 80% of iPhone so that is ok. (Not actual figures, but just an idea of how it is)

70% is flagship already.
Those 50% is mid range.

Performance (depends on what are you referring) close to 90%

yamakazi51

Master Member
Reaction score
Though of switching to android too. paying over $2000 for a phone that lasts 2-3 years max just sounds exorbitant to me.

Can I still access my iCloud notes, calendar etc from an android phone?

Move the notes and calendar to google, more compatible with other devices even iPhone still can use

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

easier? Android now v9 liao still can’t fix e issue of backup n restore properly 🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.