Replace OCBC 365

eS.KuKu

Reaction score
Hi Guys, anyone can share if there's a good card to replace the 365 card? Looking to change after they change their clause. i usually use my 365 card on these few spendings,

1) $300 Petrol at CALTEX (I normally pump 98, pair with PLUS! Card to get points)

2) M1 recurring Bill ($80 Per Month)

3) Weekdays and Weekend Dining ($150~$350, Will Only hit $350 if i pay for meals on friends birthday celebration.)

4) Lazada/Redmart Shopping ($100 Once every 2-3 Months)

With the new clause on the 365 card, i wont be getting much cashback anymore. $800 per month abit hard to hit sometimes.

i have the OCBC Cashflo and SCB Unlimited Cashback for bigger tickets item, otherwise i seldom use them.

Would appreciate if anyone can share what card did they switch to, Thanks In Advance.

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
BOC Family

10% rebate for dining and movie capped at $30

5% rebate for online capped at $30

5% rebate for telco/ groceries/ up to 4x nets flashpay ATU/ hospital/ big box/ best denki/ watson/ unity/ popular/ toy r us/ welcia-BHG capped at $40

2% on "others" if spend min $200 on "others" on boc family supp card. capped at $20

Need min $700 monthly spend.

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How about Maybank Platinum visa?

Sent from Henabi virus using GAGT

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How about Maybank Platinum visa?

Sent from Henabi virus using GAGT

$300/$1000 tier, either too low or high for OP. At best only 3.33% rebate if can meet $300/$1000 tier each month of the quarter.

Calander

Reaction score
SC Unlimited

SC Unlimited is only 1.5% on all spends. Compared to others such as dining, petrol and groceries.. they are all more than 2%

but one main thing to note is that, the minimum spend on 365 will be $800 starting from Oct 2018.

eS.KuKu

Reaction score
BOC Family

5% rebate for telco/ groceries/ up to 4x nets flashpay ATU/ hospital/ big box/ best denki/ watson/ unity/ popular/ toy r us/ welcia-BHG capped at $40

2% on "others" if spend min $200 on "others" on boc family supp card. capped at $20

Im considering this, as well as the HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card. how does this 2 fare?

eS.KuKu

Reaction score
think boc family fare better in everything except the rebate% for caltex.

If thats the case, then i will have to take BOC then find another card mainly for my petrol.

what card can i take for petrol only? i dont mind changing to another brand of petrol if theres a need to.

Last edited:

eS.KuKu

Reaction score
If you don't mind switching to SPC, then the BOC Zaobao can be considered.

but it's union pay, scared if any of my expenses doesn't accept union pay then i fail to hit min. spend then wasted.

eS.KuKu

Reaction score
BOC Family

Hi Bro, i was googling and found this link.

http://simplebudgetsimplelife.blogspot.com/2018/03/disappointing-revision-to-boc-family.html

does that mean i cannot spend more then $300 for dining expenses per month?

eS.KuKu

Reaction score
dining rebate capped at $30. If spend more than $30 no rebate but can count towards the min $700 monthly spend.

i was just calculating my min spend, cant hit $700 without factoring the petrol cost.

lol, really headache to find a ideal card. zzz

eS.KuKu

Reaction score
lol he can get 2% by using supp card for petrol and "others" and then 5% to 10% for the selected categories, no reason to go for 1.5%.

I'm actually thinking BOC or HSBC then apply the Esso DBS card (suppose no min spend?)

What's your take on this? @Trazora

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.