iPad 2018 or iPad Pro 10.5

Lg_2113

Reaction score
I have $300 Best Denki Voucher and planning to get myself an iPad. I plan to use it for some productivity work and probably some casual sketching. I also may use it for editing photos on the go in the future.

A small dilemma has occurred to me, With Comex this week and the announcement of probably new iPad releases on 12 Sep. iPad pro prices may drop, should I:

1) go ahead and get and iPad 2018 during Comex deals from Best Denki

2) wait for iPad pro 10.5 price reduction and make the decision?

Questions for the pros here:

- Usually, if Apple announces the price drop, does the local retail price update the following day?

- Is 32 GB on the iPad 2018 good enough for some productive work, sketching and photo editing?

- Is the iPad pro an overkill for my needs? as it is at least 300 dollars more for just CPU, ram and space?

Thank you in advance!

Lg_2113

Reaction score
Depending on your budget.

Both iPad Pro 10.5 and iPad 2018 supports Apple pencil. Processor differences between iPad Pro 10.5 and iPad 2018, not really a lot. The pro model runs A10X while the 2018 runs A10.

10.5 has pro motion, meaning the refresh rates are 120 mhz. the 2018 model only has 60 MHz

10.5 the LCD is laminated to the display while the 2018 one does not.

If I were you, I will just go for the 10.5 model.

How fast do they remove the older version? immediately?

Lg_2113

Reaction score
Photo editing in iPad?

U should get laptop or Mac air liao then

haha, i have a laptop le... but borrow it to my GF... plus, I mentioned I have $300 Best Denki Voucher, so gonna spend that on getting a iPad for a upcoming class I'll be attending....mainly productivity

as for photos, some light editing only

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just wait for another week. Can get iPad Pro at deep discount. Other retailers have to clear stock. Our friendly neighbourhood ah beng also clearing stock.

2018 iPad is a entry level model. Ok if u have limited budget

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Since you are quite close to the launch of the iPhone and iPad event this week, I think there is no harm in waiting to see the new iPad Pro. Having said that, I am expecting it to be more expensive since Apple is pushing prices up with every new release. The current iPad Pro is actually very fast and if you have read some reviews, there are no apps out there that can fully utilize the A10X so far, much less the A11X.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just wait for another week. Can get iPad Pro at deep discount. Other retailers have to clear stock. Our friendly neighbourhood ah beng also clearing stock.

2018 iPad is a entry level model. Ok if u have limited budget

I've never see Apple clearing stock before.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Eventually the new Face ID iPad Pros will arrive by this year end. Till now, I’m very much enjoying my 10.5” Pro. :)

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My 1st generation iPad Pro 12.9 is refurbished. Until now still no issue.

Generally, iPads I used and observed last quite long. My brother in law's iPad 2 was still operational, except that it is too slow to be used, and the battery is dying.

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Did somebody recently check the refurbished iPad Pro pricing? It jumped after yesterday? WTH.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That was because A11 was not announced yet. There's a possibility that this year iPads will come with A12X.

I do think this is possible. But I actually don't think iPad Pro is in need of a more powerful SOC currently.

lycanboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That was because A11 was not announced yet. There's a possibility that this year iPads will come with A12X.

When is the new iPad coming? I thought it will showcase at the previous event. :/

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.