Nintendo Switch thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bladez87

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i just left mine at the original firmware it came with(4.1.0) and installed reiNX

yes, the mod will disappear whenever u power off your switch. if u leave it on sleep mode, it's ok. for DIY, you will need a jig or a paper clip and a USB C to A cable. have u checked online if your switch can install cfw? look for the serial numbers. the newer models are patched
my xaj70046 cannot mod right? Haiz

Sent from Samsung SM-J730GM using GAGT

google69

Reaction score
my xaj70046 cannot mod right? Haiz

unfortunately no... the safest is xaj70042x and below. mine is xaj70043x but it still works tho. but don't give up hope. the newer models only patched the hardware(coldboot) exploit aka fusee gelee.

what's the current firmware of your switch? if it's 4.1.0 still got hope. there's a warmboot exploit currently in the works aka deja vu that only works from 3.0.1 - 4.1.0 .hopefully u didn't update the firmware of your switch yet

Last edited:

tidess

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you mean the mod disappear after switching off? Sorry. I just received a switch As a gift. Have not done much research on it yet. Thanks for any assistance.

no. mod will not disappear. but switch will boot into ofw if u do not make it go into rcm. there is no way to load cfw without external tools right now.

it's similar to a tethered jailbreak for ios.
if u wan to use cfw, u need a jig so u can boot into rcm, and then a way to load the payload so u can go into cfw, otherwise u will go into ofw.

like i mentioned earlier, there is no need to install anything as cfw is run off your sd card.

anyway you won't know if your switch is patched or not until you try to load the payload. so jus try.

bladez87

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no. mod will not disappear. but switch will boot into ofw if u do not make it go into rcm. there is no way to load cfw without external tools right now.

it's similar to a tethered jailbreak for ios.
if u wan to use cfw, u need a jig so u can boot into rcm, and then a way to load the payload so u can go into cfw, otherwise u will go into ofw.

like i mentioned earlier, there is no need to install anything as cfw is run off your sd card.

anyway you won't know if your switch is patched or not until you try to load the payload. so jus try.
will going to rcm and loading the payload void my warranty? Or cause my switch to get banned from online?

I don't have a jig. Haha

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
You guys into modding?

Sent from Single is not a status. It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone. using GAGT

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
OK this is ********.

http://go.ign.com/qwMA1TO

GvqhMycl.png

Sent from Single is not a status. It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone. using GAGT

bladez87

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone doing a extended family subscription? If the main sub terminates 1 year later, all the children sub loses their cloud save?

wilflare

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Actually I find most Switch games kinda of steep and takes a long time to drop price especially those popular games... :(

that's the holding value of Nintendo games.
they seldom or almost never drop in price (that's a good or bad thing depending on how you look at it - I find that it's worth paying)

I prefer Digital - the digital sales do make-up for the price for time to time.

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
qrkW99pl.png

R4Y8URN

Reaction score
OK this is ********.

http://go.ign.com/qwMA1TO

GvqhMycl.png

Why nintendo come with all this silly way to earn money. (*especially the rule "must connect every 7 days").

Wuxinren

Reaction score
Lol hello. Noob here. A few question been pondering me.

1) is it a must to flash your switch with cfw?
2) what benefit does it gives?
3) since the Nintendo cloud don't gives free game purchasing it is solely for the online game saving function only right?

Sent from OPPO CPH1611 using GAGT

Elysium87

Reaction score
just wondering which region will you all be getting for the subscription?

got no official news for singapore due to no eshop, never hear anything from maxsoft since they are like the main importer for switch stuff

MaoZeDuo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My friends bought this switch as a house warming gift... my last owned is a nds... am i right to say its more complicated to operate? How come got subscription one?

I know my wife bought a cooking game...

Last edited:

Elysium87

Reaction score
Lol hello. Noob here. A few question been pondering me.

1) is it a must to flash your switch with cfw?
2) what benefit does it gives?
3) since the Nintendo cloud don't gives free game purchasing it is solely for the online game saving function only right?

Sent from OPPO CPH1611 using GAGT

1) and 2) it's just bricking your switch to play other games for free like nes and etc.

but give u warning first, do not ever connect your bricked switch online, otherwise they will ban your account and the switch (i think?)

3) there's free nes games. there's a for members only for subscription, they have not announce anything what will be inside yet. maybe more discount, or maybe some free switch games like PS and XBOX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.