iHerb, Good Buys, Food, Health & Chitchats - Part 2

dauntlessbird

Reaction score
Thank you just bought Omega 3 with the code get319.

Haha... I also used get319.

Had a little problem just now.
Ordered 6 bottles of Jarrow to be sent with CJ Express but I was billed with Singpost $2.74

Got the CSO to reverse it.

Imagine the Cart & Checkout pages differ!
Need to double check your final bill before confirm

gkhchay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
3g Omega 3 from 6 capsule of double strength fish oil?
You take GNC?
Just visited their website. Surprised GNC sells Jarrow too.

Definitely not GNC - their prices are totally ridiculous in S’pore.

I take Jarrow DHA-EPA Balance. It’s double strength fish oil. Read the details on the label.

dauntlessbird

Reaction score
You need to experiment with the dosage as to what will work for you. My 3 grams of omega 3 works for me but may be too high for you because every person is different.

Ya, thought its really high cos Omega 3 thins the blood with yr massive dose

Definitely not GNC - their prices are totally ridiculous in S’pore.

I take Jarrow DHA-EPA Balance. It’s double strength fish oil. Read the details on the label.

Jarrow members! LOL.
6 caps = 3.6g of Omega3.
shudder....

Last edited:

gkhchay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya, thought its really high cos Omega 3 thins the blood with yr massive dose

Jarrow members! LOL.
6 caps = 3.6g of Omega3.
shudder....

The main reason for my relatively high dosage is because my risk of CHD is pretty high as both my elderly parents had strokes when they were in their late 60s.

Yes it thins the blood but very little or even zero side effects unlike blood thinning drugs like warfarin.

2 years back I had a tooth extraction because I was having a toothache. I was still on 3 grams of omega 3. The blood clotted as usual after the extraction. If it was warfarin it’ll be a totally different ball game.

xerref

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For fish oil and omega-3 supplementation, it's important to take note of the EPA and DHA content.
For gen population, aim for 1-2g of EPA and DHA combined, this is approximately 2 capsules of Jarrows. People with special conditions like CVD, inflammation and pregnancy may need to take more.

https://guavarilla.wordpress.com/20...-epa-and-dha-health-benefits-throughout-life/

pVFMNl3.png

Last edited:

xerref

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

gkhchay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IIRC the Cochrane review mainly looked at studies where the dosages were below the effective doses shown in trials, hence the conclusion. The key takeaway isn't that fish oil is a waste of money, it's that doses below levels known to be therapeutic don't do ****
edit; pg12 - dose range of 0.4-0.7g was cited
https://www.sciencemediacentre.co.nz/2018/07/18/expert-reaction-cochrane-review-on-omega-3-fats/

Thanks! Very interesting read. Yes the dosages used in the study were extremely conservative so I’m actually not surprised that they got such dismal results.

xerref

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
USE CODE: 22BATH
22% off our entire Bath & Personal Care line!

Ends in 30h from the time of this post

FYI: IF you're looking for a supplement to reduce anxiety and relak OR improve cognitive performance, now is a great time to try theanine!

It's currently selling at $2.71

For relaxtion and stress relief take ~200mg
For cognitive performance improvement take it with caffeine at a 2:1 dose. E.g. 50mg of caffeine and 100mg of theanine.

L-theanine and caffeine:

Current research shows that combination of L-theanine and caffeine produces a synergistic effect and mediates cognitive benefits. A study of healthy adults given either L-theanine (100mg), L-theanine(100 mg) + caffeine(50 mg), or placebo, reported that only the L-theanine combination produces significant results in response time and correct answer frequency during a memory and attention-switching task. These results replicate previous evidence which suggests that L-theanine and caffeine in combination are beneficial for improving performance on cognitively demanding tasks.

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1179/147683008X301513

Last edited:

dauntlessbird

Reaction score
IIRC the Cochrane review mainly looked at studies where the dosages were below the effective doses shown in trials, hence the conclusion. The key takeaway isn't that fish oil is a waste of money, it's that doses below levels known to be therapeutic don't do ****
edit; pg12 - dose range of 0.4-0.7g was cited
https://www.sciencemediacentre.co.nz/2018/07/18/expert-reaction-cochrane-review-on-omega-3-fats/

Thank you for the info.
That low dosage certainly doesnt help for those with compromised health.
So all the fuss over a poorly designed meta-study is shameful!

Harri83

Master Member
Reaction score
I read your links with interest, & not all debunk Omega 3 Fish Oil.
1. admits Omega 3 is useful to rebalance Omega 3/6 ratio because our poor food choices to "avoid the numerous diseases " (in the last para)
2 & 3 refers to a study (ASCEND) that Fish oils do not prevent heart attack or strokes in people with diabetes but "The study also does not negate the possible beneficial effect of fish intake in the diet because of other possible health confounders in fish"
4. is on Body Bldg supplements
5. is on Probiotics
6. admits "omega-3 fats do have a role to play in human health"

So Omega 3 supplements has beneficial health effects because it rebalances our Omega 3:6 ratio. It is already well known to the research community that Omega 3 is still an excellent supplement for its Anti-inflammatory Effects.

Just look at research papers (studies/clinical trials etc) published in Google Scholar just for 2018 alone: 10800 hits
https://scholar.google.com.sg/scholar?as_ylo=2018&q=omega+3+anti+inflammatory&hl=en&as_sdt=0,5
The positive benefits for Omega 3 is still mind boggling.

Not sure which Omega 3 to take? Then check out the price value comparison tables in this excel file: GET319.xls & you'll find that the Best Value Omega 3. Look at the links (for CoA, Labdoor, EDF) given for each brand in the excel file.

Going to order my Omega 3. Happy Hunting!

The file for the price comparison cannot access anymore.

Auspicium Melioris Aevi

Reaction score
The file for the price comparison cannot access anymore.

OOPS!
I apologise for the incoveniences.
Thanks for alerting me.
Here is the excel file: GET319.xls

I've just updated the file. I will include bath stuff comparison later

Harri83

Master Member
Reaction score
OOPS!
I apologise for the incoveniences.
Thanks for alerting me.
Here is the excel file: GET319.xls

I've just updated the file. I will include bath stuff comparison later

Thank you. I wanna buy something.
I will key in the GET319 code.

Auspicium Melioris Aevi

Reaction score
Thank you. I wanna buy something.
I will key in the GET319 code.

Thank you for your support!

I just realise 22BATH promo is still good.
DauuntlessBird asked for a price value comparison for Shampoo & Bath.

Here is a quick & rough comparison for Shampoo, Soap, Conditioner & Skin Cleanser. As usual I also added reviews by EWG & GoodGuide for your reference. It is not comprehensive yet but it is a handy guide for you to use & you can add your favorite product & see how it stands with the others plus the reviews.

So, check out Shampoo Soap Conditioner Cleanser tab in this excel file: GET319.xls

Happy shopping!

EastSider

Reaction score
indeed bath and personal care products are quite a good buy when it's 22% off

the 22% promo code is 22BATH

5% overall order KSR634 still existing :D:D:D

idiots

Reaction score
actually shopback offers 7% rebate currently which is better than the 5% personal reward code. Only con is that you have to wait 2 to 3 months. However there is a shopback promo ongoing. You make 2 shopback purchases on different days and you get extra $2 off in Jan 2019.

EastSider

Reaction score
today's 22% promo is one of the best, it is 22% off on now foods products..

their essential oil , omega 3 is very good already , now with 22% is really good deal!

22% promo code : 22NOW

5% overall order KSR634 still existing :D:D:D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.