anybody been to turkey?

beanstalk6

Reaction score
The lira may fall further as it has against major currencies due to the US-Turkey row.

tortoise18

Banned
Reaction score
I booked free and easy tour with turkey agency. Basically they provide transport, hotel and guide all in. But not cheap. Did 3 wks.

potata

Reaction score
I am also thinking of changing lira? Anybody know which money changer has it?
I went turkey before. but we changed usd first and went there to change to liras. Anw now there's YouTrip - you can consider getting it

yumiko33

Reaction score
Anyone knows where to get cheaper SIM card ? Saw someone selling in forum but cost $50.
I’ll gg in mid Dec ..

galacticnick

Reaction score
Is the rate comparable to the money changers there?

I’m not sure, because SGD is not a currency that is commonly exchanged at the money changers both in Singapore and Turkey, so I don’t recall seeing the SGD-TLR exchange rate on the boards.

Do make sure you use an ATM card that does not charge you an overseas withdrawal fee. CIMB StarSaver doesn’t.

lowzeewee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you prefer to change physical currency in Turkey, better to use USD or Euros.

wwh5210

Master Member
Reaction score
Planning to go Turkey group tour this year. Any recommended tour agency? Went to Australia with Chan Brothers a few years back and it wasn't a pleasant one.

guitar123

Reaction score
I've been to Turkey but that was part of a cruise ship stop. That time, I didn't get data. Just walked around. Be careful of touts trying to scam you, like trying to polish your shoes and then demanding money. Stay away.

In Istanbul, other than the usual sights, check out the Basilica Cisterns. Something different.

fabianshc

Reaction score
Planning to go Turkey group tour this year. Any recommended tour agency? Went to Australia with Chan Brothers a few years back and it wasn't a pleasant one.

I just got back from Turkey with Chan Brothers. What did you not like about them?

For me, I think it was overall OK. but the entire trip was very rush. I didn't have time to soak in being in Turkey, especially Istanbul. We were in Grand Bazaar for 1h 15 mins only! And the tour did not include Basilica Cistern. =(

However, the turkish delights from HazerBaba (Grand Bazaar) is very nice! The honey ones!

luckygal

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Plan to go turkey in Dec. A few qns to ask experts here.
1). Is turkey safe?
2). Plan to go on a group tour. Deciding bet CTC or Asa. Have gd experiences with both. Any idea which is better?

lowzeewee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Plan to go turkey in Dec. A few qns to ask experts here.
1). Is turkey safe?
2). Plan to go on a group tour. Deciding bet CTC or Asa. Have gd experiences with both. Any idea which is better?

1. Yes, especially so if you are going on a group tour
2. See which ones have better hotels and inclusions (e.g. meals, 'optional' activities) lor :s12:

renai24

Reaction score
I felt very safe when I was in Turkey with my parents.
Everyone was very friendly too. A lot of natives outside of Istanbul wanted to take pictures with my sister. My turkish colleague said that it was because southeast asian features are rarely seen (mostly caucasian and native chinese tourist).

Honestly, planning the DIY ititnerary was very easy and so if you dont want to be rushed, DIY is better than tours imho.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.