For a budget <$600

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
seller sell $430 but i low ball to $400 :p (i tot he will reject LOL)

He bought this camera this year April and bought harvey norman 4yr
extended warranty.

how much u bought?

wongminmin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
seller sell $430 but i low ball to $400 :p (i tot he will reject LOL)

He bought this camera this year April and bought harvey norman 4yr
extended warranty.

nice....tell me how the exposure in low light and the video quality after u use it. :s12:

yi m1, b500 really cui....:(

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
how to test :/

it only come with 16GB. Think i need to get bigger size one and better speed one to record 4K.

nice....tell me how the exposure in low light and the video quality after u use it. :s12:

yi m1, b500 really cui....:(

Last edited:

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
hmmm after using TZ90. i think this camera gd for outdoor but not indoor LOL

or i use wrong mode LOL...

Last edited:

wongminmin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmmm after using TZ90. i think this camera gd for outdoor but not indoor LOL

or i use wrong mode LOL...

ok leh....quite decent:s11:
91gig0.jpg

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
outdoor le..
indoor one, i took with some friend. not decent without the flash LOL.
maybe i use too much mobile liao... usually i took without the flash!

i think better spent more on gd camera :/

ok leh....quite decent:s11:
91gig0.jpg

Last edited:

wongminmin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
outdoor le..
indoor one, i took with some friend. not decent without the flash LOL.
maybe i use too much mobile liao... usually i took without the flash!

i think better spent more on gd camera :/

sell away and buy new 1 loh :s12:

spending more is 1 thing, later become white elephant... :s13:

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
hahha maybe will sell away but not now at the moment. the zoom is gd but photo quality wasnt tht gd in low light so indoor must use flash.

i also worry, if i spend alot on a gd camera but hardly use, later become white elephant

sell away and buy new 1 loh :s12:

spending more is 1 thing, later become white elephant... :s13:

Last edited:

kaixin18

Reaction score
I bought TZ90 already from Carousell. Quite good deal and come with original warranty and extended warranty.

Seller very good, spent time explaining to me how to use.

i going to get camera next week...

Cant decide Canon PowerShot SX740 HS, Sony wx500 or COOLPIX A900

for smaller sensor, lower megapixel is better.

anyway i sold away my wx500 because not satisfied with the quality. Superzoom camera have 3.x f stop, so not suitable for low light. if you just take photo in the day should be ok.

TZ90 over my budget liao

sigh...so hard to make decision :(

currently, my shortlist
-nikon b500 $330
-nikon d3400 $549
-PowerShot SX740 HS $475

hi. please help as i need to buy my father a dslr camera. he is old school type so don't want the digitial camera. which brands and models you recommend and why? also where to go buy them and how much do they cost?

can recommend me both online and physical shop?

my father likes dslr. he had one many years back but it gave way so he threw it away just like that. he likes going to park last time and take pictures.

besides dslr camera what else need to buy? is there a dslr camera that comes as a set package fore beginner?

hope you call can help give me some options.

LearnIT

Reaction score
hi. please help as i need to buy my father a dslr camera. he is old school type so don't want the digitial camera. which brands and models you recommend and why? also where to go buy them and how much do they cost?

my father likes dslr. he had one many years back but it gave way so he threw it away just like that. he likes going to park last time and take pictures.

besides dslr camera what else need to buy? is there a dslr camera that comes as a set package fore beginner?

DSLR = digital single lens reflex. you said yr father do not want digital camera. you can go chinatown shop for classic SLR camera and uses film

wongminmin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hahha maybe will sell away but not now at the moment. the zoom is gd but photo quality wasnt tht gd in low light so indoor must use flash.

i also worry, if i spend alot on a gd camera but hardly use, later become white elephant

time for u to change? :s13:
x5cwow.jpg

Nikon D3400 is what people recommended for entry level for beginner.

Another source is carousell...you are able to find cheap, decent camera...a lot of people buy liao, use few times then sell on that platform.

andy1982

Reaction score
Need some help...

Want to get a digital camera... and kinda looking for those like DSLR kinda but cannot change lens. Think it's called bridge camera. My budget also around 600... but if good deal might be willing to spend slightly more.

Main reason is 1. I need a decent camera for holiday 2. I want to see if I want to invest in a proper DSLR in a few years time. So it's like a trial thing.

At the moment I am looking at the cannon sx60 hs and the Nikon p300. Both is 600+, Nikon on promo so also got free gift. But I am open to any other suggestions... me kinda newbie. So any help from pros will be great.

Kamsia!

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
they all belong to same range le..
i dont think other brand will provide gd image for low light.
if take outdoor during daylight really no issue. For indoor, i think die die must use flash.

UNLESS your cam got higher sensor, thn will provide gd image.

time for u to change? :s13:
x5cwow.jpg

Nikon D3400 is what people recommended for entry level for beginner.

Another source is carousell...you are able to find cheap, decent camera...a lot of people buy liao, use few times then sell on that platform.

Last edited:

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Need some help...

Want to get a digital camera... and kinda looking for those like DSLR kinda but cannot change lens. Think it's called bridge camera. My budget also around 600... but if good deal might be willing to spend slightly more.

Main reason is 1. I need a decent camera for holiday 2. I want to see if I want to invest in a proper DSLR in a few years time. So it's like a trial thing.

At the moment I am looking at the cannon sx60 hs and the Nikon p300. Both is 600+, Nikon on promo so also got free gift. But I am open to any other suggestions... me kinda newbie. So any help from pros will be great.

Kamsia!

get rx10. first or second gen have fast lens. Good for lowlight. later gen have more zoom but slower lens

andy1982

Reaction score
get rx10. first or second gen have fast lens. Good for lowlight. later gen have more zoom but slower lens

Sony RX10? I know 2nd/3rd gen is more then 1k. 4th gen is like 2.5k. Lol

Any idea where to see the first gen ones? Sony website don't have.

Thank you!

Last edited:

andy1982

Reaction score
pushing up my budget a bit...

looking at Panasonic fz1000 or an entry-level DSLR. maybe wait till Sitex and see what they can offer.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.