Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 33

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adi Dassler

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haiz.... what rant is JM up to again? Another pre prepared list in the press conference? Wtf man....

Last edited:

zhaohan

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Manchester United vs Watford pre match press conference - 14.09.2018

Jose on Rashford's England performances :

"Speaking about Marcus, I think I can expect that Sunday I’m going to be highly criticised for not playing him tomorrow, because some of the boys are really obsessed with me and some of them have a problem with some compulsive lies,”

“So I can expect that Sunday some of them will wake up in the morning and the first thing they think of is Jose Mourinho, so I can imagine on Sunday I am going to be criticised for not playing Marcus but it’s not my fault, he’s suspended, so probably you should remind them he is suspended and cannot play."

“So I’m going to do something, not for you, but the United fans, and I think I hold myself to the United fans and so for them I am going to spend two mins with you."

“In 2016-17, Marcus Rashford played 32 Premier League matches, 11 Europa League matches, including the final, three FA Cup matches, six League Cup matches, including the final, and the Community Shield.

“He had 53 appearances, but if you want to take to the minutes of play, he played 3,068, and if you wan to divide that by 90-minute matches, he played 34.2 matches of 90-minute matches in 2016-17.

“In 2017-18, he played 35 Premier League matches, eight in the Champions League, five in the FA Cup, three League Cup matches and the European Super Cup final.

“He played a total of 52 matches with 2,676 mins, and if you divide that by 90, it gives you 29.7 matches, so with me, in two seasons, he had 105 appearances, 5,774 mins, 63.7 matches of 90 minutes, including five finals, so the people speaking about these minutes, I think they are a bit confused.

“Marcus is not Dominic Solanke, not Ruben Loftus-Cheek, not Dominic Calvert-Lewin, he’s Marcus Rashford, a Manchester United player, with an incredible number of appearances and an incredible number of minutes played at the highest level in the best possible competitions.

“So Manchester United supporters, for you and just for you, to know what we are doing with Marcus, Luke Shaw, Jesse Lingard, Scott McTominay, that’s what we are doing here.”

Jose on if he feels irritated that media perceives he isn't good with young players :

"It’s not a perception, some of the persons everybody knows they have double salaries, they work also for the clubs and of course they are not independent and they conduct things in the direction they want. That’s obvious, human, that’s natural, not ethical but I accept."

"The ones that wake up in the morning and the first thing that comes into their mind is Jose Mourinho, Manchester United, I feel sorry for them because there are much more interesting things than us and football."

"But for the Manchester United supporters is important they have the right idea of how things are in reality but the most important thing of all is that the kid is a good kid, a good player, knows what Manchester United did for him, starting in the academy, then Mr van Gaal support, then my support and the club’s support, new contract, new shirt, being selected for every single match."

"Since I was here, he was never one day out of selection because of my decision or because he was injured or suspended, he was never, never out of a selection."

"So he knows and that’s the most important thing, but the media is very important and is very important Manchester United supporters know the truth, that’s why I’m going so specific about these numbers."

Jose on Luke Shaw :

"I don't know (if he will play), we still have a training session... Contrary to some news, some opinions, by the protocol point of view and according to our doctor, he will be free to play."

Jose on other team news :

"Fellaini is a doubt and so is Ander Herrera. He had one little problem in one medical in training during the week, so he is also a doubt."

"Diogo Dalot and Rojo play tonight with under-23s and if they play 90 mins like we expect, it will be the end of their recovery process and we will consider them ready to be back next week for full competition."

Jose on Watford :

"It’s clear (the test). Four matches, 12 points. We know that three of these matches were at home, so in relation to the 12 points maybe we can speak about a little advantage in relation to other teams with two home and away. But fantastic start - 12 points is great for them. Good victories at home, strong performances, congratulations to Javi and to the players and to the club overall because it was a very good start."

Jose on Fred's progress :

"Fred progress, I don’t know because I don’t see him for 15 days and the first time I’m going to see him is now. 15 days is gone so I don’t know about his progress."

jt2901

Reaction score
He's probably shooting down the rumours that rashford should leave for regular football imo

Greysky

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
saw the video on what carra says about rashford. impartially speaking i think there's some fact in his words also.

but as a manager i will damn annoyed if pundits suggest my best young talent should seek greener pastures too.

Last edited:

Juan_Mata

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Finally match day

We are against an unbeaten side, and we are used to break people unbeaten runs
Will the right MU side turn up? ;)

jahtl62

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Liverpool is very strong this season. Looking at their form they may be unbeaten until they meet Man City. If Man City lose to Liverpool most likely Liverpool will win the title. Don't think Chelsea, Man Utd or Arsenal are capable of beating Liverpool.

ticcan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
saw the video on what carra says about rashford. impartially speaking i think there's some fact in his words also.

but as a manager i will damn annoyed if pundits suggest my best young talent should seek greener pastures too.

Which is why Mourinho counter back his claims

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.